NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Delving Too Deep - Sign-ups

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:11 AM

Wulfgard - Errant

Delving Too Deep

You have traveled long, and you just want a drink, some food, and a good night's rest. Whether by land or by sea, you've reached one of the best destinations a man could ask for: Baldur's Fjord. You make your way to an inn called the Skaldsong Tavern: it is a small place, with a motley assortment of patrons... and grizzly trophies. Over the fireplace hangs the head of some kind of sea serpent.

But it is pleasant, and you find yourself lost in the atmosphere as you settle down for your drink and a hot meal...

---

The Skaldsong Tavern hosted a wide variety that night - Men from the world over, a few dwarves, and even the occasional elf. Nordlings of various clans and tribes roared with laughter and told tall tales, and even a few Imperials sat here and there, some in various orders and some with no allegiance, while still others were traders - or even pirates. And, in one corner, sitting alone, was a strikingly handsome hulk of a man - one-eyed, wearing the trappings of an Imperial Venator.

But he was not one to draw attention to himself tonight. That was done by someone very different.

Into the tavern walked a mountain dwarf, clad in surprisingly undecorated armor save for a rune inscribed on his large belt buckle. He had an enormous and partially braided beard the color of red fire and a mohawk of the same hue forming a crest down the center of his head. But he carried himself with an air of nobility, and the size of his beard certainly showed he was most likely someone important.

The dwarf strode straight over to a large table in the center of the room, knocking aside the arms of a man sitting there and clambering up onto the table, tankard in hand - even if he seemed to stand a little uneasily, leaning back for a moment. It was clear he was at least somewhat inebriated.

gallery_3_16_812973.jpg

"Hwæt! Drunkards! Mercenaries! Ladies, if there e'en are any! An' everybody else! I be Agni Bloodrune, emissary from the Dvergar Gate! Clan Silvershield sent me with some very specific orders, an' I'll only say this once!"

Surprisingly, or at least surprisingly for those unfamiliar with the importance and influence of Clan Silvershield, the tavern swiftly fell silent. Agni wore a smug smile as he lifted his tankard for another drought, pacing back and forth on the table. He seemed to have regained his balance and poise, somehow. The dwarf seemed perfectly used to having so many eyes upon him, and he didn't mind one bit.

"I've got here," he fished into his belt and pulled out a thick, rolled-up piece of parchment, "a contract ready to be signed, fer anyone willin'! Clan Silvershield has authorized me to send a group o' mercenaries into the Forbidden Halls o' Clan Dimmlundar... not a task fer the faint o' heart.

"Afore we get to the perils o' the journey, let's go over the important part. Sign this contract, and when ye get to the Forbidden Halls, you have complete freedom to take fer yerself whatever you want an' whatever you find! Any of it! Ancient artifacts, tomes of forgotten knowledge, Dwarven arms 'n' armor the likes o' which ye won't find anywhere outside the clutches o' the Iron Gauntlet... only the gods know what all still lies in that place, lost 'n' fergotten... Perhaps knowledge we've all sought for ages! Cures for terrible curses, the answer to the mysteries o' magic! Who knows?

"But," he said, allowing a gave pause, "there is one artifact ye must recover, an' that's the purpose o' this mission. There be a sword buried deep within the city - the sword o' King Hreidmar, the arrogant dwarf who once claimed to be king o' all Nidavellir. That sword is called Dáinsleif, and it was forged by the most ancient o' dwarves long, long ago. Find this, and return it to me and to Clan Silvershield - that's the only requirement. As I said: the rest, ye can keep.

"I'd be remiss, o'course, if I didn't emphasize the dangers o' this journey. The Forbidden Halls lie deep within Nidavellir, but there is a faster entrance, an' I'll tell ye where it is if ye agree to our terms. Trouble is, that entrance is in the Jagged Edge, but even that is safer than tryin' to trek through Nidavellir itself. And as fer the city... Well, that's another level o' danger entirely. Lemme tell ye a little story...

"Long ago, King Hreidmar o' Clan Dimmlundar believed himself to be untouchable. He ruled his city with an iron fist, and his clan was one of the most powerful clans to ever exist. He collected riches in tithes and artifacts from other dwarf clans, and even some families o' filthy svartalfar." He took a break to spit at the mention of the name. "He collected knowledge, money, armor, weapons, even exotic creatures - everything he could get his paws on! And his city was guarded not only by his own men, but by armies o' the strongest golems ever crafted.

"But this king, he became too greedy. In his quest for riches, he discovered there's more than one way t' reach the Underworld. No one truly knows what happened then, but all the clans rallied together to push back the forces o' darkness that came pourin' outta the bowels o' the world, and the mightiest Dwarven gate was erected to hold them at bay. No one's entered the halls of Clan Dimmlundar since then, keeping them locked away in darkness and secrecy.

"The city was evacuated so fast, all those riches and knowledge were left behind. But of all those things, the most important is Dáinsleif, the sword of the king. An' it's gotta be recovered. But the dvergar clans have made so many pacts 'n' agreements about the halls o' Clan Dimmlundar that we're all wrapped up in politics, and now we gotta send mercenaries to do the job instead."

Agni took another swallow of his drink, and then tossed the empty tankard aside. "Now! If yer interested, ye need only come and find me. That," he pointed to a table in the corner, large and spacious but currently empty except for a plate that apparently once had a sizable steak on it, "be me table. Come to me, sign the contract, and then we'll all talk, so you can know who yer gonna be travelin' with. I won't ask any unnecessary questions. I don't gotta hear yer life story. All Clan Silvershield wants is a bunch o' able-bodied fellows to return Dáinsleif to us."

With that, he gestured toward the table again and said, "So if ye got a backbone and a taste fer high adventure, come on over to my table and sign the contract - I'll even buy ye an ale!"

---

This campaign will be much more open than many of my previous ventures - this is a classic adventure campaign, where we'll go by many interesting locations on the way to our destination, and then have our "main" adventure once we reach the clan halls. Along the way, you'll find many optional sidequests taking place in the frame of this main journey, the quest to the Forbidden City. New and old players (and characters) are all welcome.

To sign-up for this RP, head on over to the help topic for signing up for Errant using the new system, and then make yourself a filled-out character sheet, post your character as a new topic in the Character Creation board (as detailed in the help topic), and reply to this thread simply saying what character you want to play as and linking to their thread. DO NOT RE-POST YOUR ENTIRE CHARACTER SHEET AS A REPLY HERE. All you have to do is reply with your character name and a link to their thread!

Character Creation Criteria

Races that are allowed must be something that can pass as a human (or elf or dwarf).

Socially Accepted:

• Humans
  • Elves
  • Dwarves
  • Any ordinary-looking half-bloods (i.e., half-elves, half-dwarves)

Kill-on-sight, but can hide in human society:

• Werewolves
  • Vampires
  • Demon-kin
  • Mages/magi (individuals with the Gift)
  • Anyone with any other socially unacceptable forms of magic

If anyone has any monsters-hiding-among-men that I've left out and you want to sign up as that, just let me know and we can try to work something out, depending on what it is. However, I will not accept any beastfolk trying to hide among human society, or any Chaos races.

As always, sign up as a hidden monster at your own risk!

As for factions, you may be a part of any faction; there are no limitations, although bear in mind we are in Northrim, and Imperial factions have no jurisdiction here - and if you try, the Nordlings will not take kindly to it (so an Inquisitor would not be here on a mission, for instance, though they could be here on their own time for some reason).

Returning Players: I encourage returning players to re-use existing characters and continue expanding them, as always. But you're completely free to sign up as whoever you like, new or old.

Posting Schedule: This is a section intended to inform me about my own posting schedule, not dictate yours to you. Hopefully, everyone should be able to keep up.

Big DM posts that advance the plot (and/or advance the current sidequest) will generally be posted once a week. If I can't get a DM post up one week, I'll do my best to let everyone know. If I choose not to advance the plot because there are too many interesting character interactions going on, I'll also let everyone know. But, generally speaking, the RP should update about once a week, and/or whenever all players have replied to a big DM post.

I'll be posting smaller posts much more frequently as necessary for character/NPC interactions, however, as I want to heavily encourage that sort of thing! Dialogue and interactions in general are the backbone of any good RP.

Campaign Pacing: This campaign will be divided up into chapters: a prologue, three chapters, and an epilogue. I have each one planned out, but there's a lot of openings for players to throw monkey wrenches into my plans (which I welcome) and you guys are going to be making a lot of choices along the way and possibly even picking up various NPC companions at different points (that's up to you). Here's a chapter guide:

• Prologue - Gates of the Fjord
  • Chapter I - Across the North
  • Chapter II - Into the Edge
  • Chapter III - Lost in Darkness
  • Epilogue - Of Wounds Eternal

Each chapter (except for the prologue) will have its own different sidequests, and this campaign will have heavy focus on optional sidequests along the path, instead of keeping everyone moving down a linear storyline. Players will get to choose what path they are going to take across Northrim to reach the Jagged Edge; this will, of course, heavily influence and change Chapter I and the beginning portion(s) of Chapter II.

With all that said, I hope you'll join our party for some fun and adventure! If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

---

Player List:

Burger Warrior - Percula Saffron

Burger Warrior - Korvarl Silvershield

Sephsekla - Garandros Aldor

Sareth - Valya Catseye

Sareth - Allya Noctis

DragonJedi - Elisario Khampale

DragonJedi - Njarine Daley

GhostlyCheese - Belaya Orious

Dalton Westmoore - Malvolio Borgia

Dalton Westmoore - Agethar Twin-Axe

Dalton Westmoore - Huo Shiye

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:30 AM

Garandros Aldor

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#3 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

Well, I guess we all know who the final boss is going to be:

Balrog500ppx.png

:P

I'll sign up once you reply to the Special Permission topic again, Wolfy—since I'd like to use the char. I most recently submitted there.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#4 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

^Same boat, probably.

21.jpg

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

I'll sign up once you reply to the Special Permission topic again, Wolfy—since I'd like to use the char. I most recently submitted there.

Oh. Er, gee, maybe I should have implemented the "only one of each hidden monster race" rule I considered. :P

But just so this doesn't turn into that werewolf group I'm not making yet, I'm going to go ahead and say no more werewolves. Two is probably more than enough.

I'll reply to the special permissions thread again as soon as I can, too. Sorry for the delays in that one; I wanted to go ahead and get the sign-up thread posted for anyone who hadn't figured out their character(s) yet.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

Well, I figure I should admit Percula's gonna be in on this one.

I'm debating having more characters and which ones to bring, though. :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#7 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:40 PM

I don't mind putting together another character if you'd prefer to avoid the werewolves, I have plenty of ideas floating around.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#8 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

Well, I figure I should admit Percula's gonna be in on this one.

I'm debating having more characters and which ones to bring, though. :P

gallery_3_16_325557.gif

Like I said, take your time. I'm not gonna rush this one out the gate, especially since I'm trying to do a decent amount of art for it. :P

I don't mind putting together another character if you'd prefer to avoid the werewolves, I have plenty of ideas floating around.

Ah, it's not a big deal, I guess. I hate to tell anyone to play a different character, if they have their heart set on one that particularly interests them. I'll try to manage. I just hope things don't end up horribly for anyone involved. :lol:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#9 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

So, this quest is pretty much Wulfgard + Mines of Moria + the potential dungeon crawler/character murder feel of Castle Blood?

original.gif

I have at least five characters waiting in the special permission thread, and I'd like to use at least one or two of them in this campaign.

If not, I'll probably bring back Agethar or these two.

#10 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

Here're mine:

Valya Catseye

Allya Noctis

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#11 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

Still working on replying to the various new character threads that have cropped up. Sorry for the delays.

In the meantime, I've updated the player list to reflect everyone's characters so far. More are certainly welcome.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#12 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:10 PM

Planning on having Elisario Khampale along for this, maybe another that I have an idea for.

#13 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

I'm definetly bringing along Belaya Orious, but I don't know if I'll have a second character.

21.jpg

#14 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:20 AM

Planning on having Elisario Khampale along for this, maybe another that I have an idea for.

I'm definetly bringing along Belaya Orious, but I don't know if I'll have a second character.

Added both of you to the player list.

We still certainly have room for more, if any new players want to jump in (and if anyone wants to add more characters).

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#15 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

I'll be bring Korvarl Silvershield along as well. ^^

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#16 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:02 AM

I'll bring Malvolio, Agethar, and Huo Shiye if it's possible to have a trio in this.

EDIT: Links are here, now.

#17 WyvernSith

WyvernSith

• 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:40 PM

I am signing up with Vishan Loneon.

#18 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:53 AM

I'll be bring Korvarl Silvershield along as well. ^^

I'll bring Malvolio, Agethar, and Huo Shiye if it's possible to have a trio in this.

(I'll edit links in later)

I am signing up with Vishan Loneon.

Noted. I'll add all of you to the player list soon.

Everyone please let me know what other characters you'd like to bring, if any, and link to their thread(s) if they're already posted. If you haven't posted their character sheet yet, let me know that you're still working on one.

I'm going to start the RP within the coming weeks. I do have a few outstanding sign-up requests that people haven't posted yet, so I'm also waiting on those. Just let me know. ;)

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#19 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:06 PM

I also want to use Njarine Daley, but she still needs approval.

#20 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

Apologies for the delays. I've added these characters to the player list, and I'll reply to the two sheets that need it as soon as possible.

I'm going to close the sign-ups now, as I am preparing a starting post. I'll still accept latecomers, for the time being, but when the RP itself starts, anyone wanting to join mid-game will have to PM me.

Thanks for your patience, everyone.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users