Photo

Star Wars: It's Last Jedi Week!

• Please log in to reply
1905 replies to this topic

Poll: REMAKES!

When JJ remakes Return of the Jedi, who will play Han Solo's Force ghost at the end?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1841 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,624 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:33 AM

YOOOOO STAR WARS!

hRrlpeR.jpg

CkQsBwh.jpg

lOsBxTX.jpg

ZvxPQCr.jpg

wYDGtxv.jpg

9UXsfYw.jpg

Among Johnson’s inventions for The Last Jedi are three significant new figures: a “shady character” of unclear allegiances, played by Benicio Del Toro, who goes unnamed in the film but is called DJ by the filmmakers (“You’ll see—there’s a reason why we call him DJ,” Johnson said); a prominent officer in the Resistance named Vice Admiral Holdo, played by Laura Dern; and a maintenance worker for the Resistance named Rose Tico, who is played by a young actress named Kelly Marie Tran (and who is the sister of Paige, the character I witnessed in the scene with Poe Dameron). Tran’s is the largest new part, and her plotline involves a mission behind enemy lines with Boyega’s Finn, the stormtrooper turned Resistance warrior.

#1842 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Almish Santa.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:08 PM

9UXsfYw.jpg

Its+so+beautiful+_7e77065d3876239be60803

All of these pics for the Last Jedi are really awesome, especially the ones of Luke, but this one is the best out of all of them. 

RIP Carrie Fisher, we miss you

#1843 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,624 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

I'm going to need an EU "Tales of" story about the nine foot tall horse-faced aristocrat who turned up at the party with Lady Gaga and his great grandmother:

4q93QR4.jpg

Also this exists:

4niaYTz.jpg

#1844 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:58 AM

I'm going to need an EU "Tales of" story about the nine foot tall horse-faced aristocrat who turned up at the party with Lady Gaga and his great grandmother:

Somebody involved read the Wraith Squadron books, evidently. (That's a Thakwaash)

There's a difference between not caring for laws, and thinking it's okay to have sex with underage children.

UBQLqv7.png

#1845 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,624 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

I forgot this one of Diddly Raisley looking buuuuuff:

star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss02.jpg

(That's a Thakwaash)

yODVOeMxWBwBO.gif

#1846 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

*nerdalert*

>nerdy

>star wars

pick one

There's a difference between not caring for laws, and thinking it's okay to have sex with underage children.

UBQLqv7.png

#1847 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,849 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

#1848 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,624 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:52 PM

I don't want to speak too soon here, but this movie is looking very much like the kind of movie I'd like to see in a movie theatre. Just between you and me.

They even got the Batmobile from TAS in there:

HYyLySK.jpg

Also, new favourite gif:

gxgAfBJ.gif

#1849 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

So Collin Trevorrow has been ousted from directing Episode IX...

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#1850 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,624 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

I hope he didn't get bullied out by the internet hate train. I can't say he was my first choice for Episode IX, but I was ready to give him a shot. I honestly don't know why people seem to hate Jurassic World so much. His latest movie, The Book of Henry, seems like it was a huge bomb, though, so maybe Disney dumped him or something. I imagine it's one of those things that we'll never really find out about.

I suppose the question now is who's gonna replace him? I wouldn't be at all opposed to having Rian Johnson do both 8 and 9. Or J.J. again. Or, y'know, any number of other talented up-and-coming directors out there that Disney could snap up for cheap. Just as long as it's not Zack Snyder or George Lucas :P

EDIT - 

MNt16PV.gif

#1851 Florent

Florent

Poe Dayumeron

• Nova Patron
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:17 AM

Very happy to see that guy isn't at the helm. Nothing personal against the guy, but I'm not a fan of his movies. If at all possible, I'd like to avoid another Rogue One scenario. Star Wars isn't particularly philosophically complex but I look forward to the emotional beats of these movies more than the action set pieces. I like Empire Strikes Back most because of the time with Yoda, seeing Han and Leia's frantic escape antics and budding romance, and getting to know the characters. I don't really care about the battles if, y'know, I don't care about the people fighting in them. I get the feeling that a Trevorrow Star Wars movie would be more along the lines of R1 than TFA. Happy to see that they're pulling the plug. Hopefully they get someone good for 9.

Also btw, isn't it weird that a Star Wars movie won't have a V anywhere in the roman numerals? I can handle I II and III, but "Episode IX" just doesn't look right. . .  Inevitably when they make another trilogy (hopefully after giving this one some time to breath. Hopefully.) they should just call it STAR WARS X. Not "10", I mean literally "ecks". Go full Megaman.

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#1852 Darknoon

Darknoon

hail hydra

• 1,262 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:35 AM

Yeah, I feel harsh for having wanted this for ages. Jurassic World didn't seem to have a single inspired or unique thing about it, and The Book of Henry is awwwwwful. The fact he and his writing partner still hadn't figured out a script after this long, and needed a random British guy to fill in, says it all. Personally, I hope they get Rian Johnson to just finish the saga and re-write the entire script. I think they'll want a safe pair of hands on this one. Long-shots I'd like to see would be Alfonso Cuaron (Children of Men is absolutely amazing, and he's done franchise and blockbuster sci-fi), whilst Guillermo Del Toro has been talking to Disney for a while about a potential spin-off (though I didn't rate Pacific Rim). Or George Miller...I think he did Happy Feet? Regardless, if it's not Rian, I expect JJ, or somebody of that sort, rather than a more young and experimental director.

EDIT: Apparently insiders are saying that Disney are now done with green directors, and will not be considering them for future SW titles. Unsurprising, considering a) the Han Solo debacle, b) the extensive reshoots they brought Tony Gilroy in for with R1, and c) Josh Trank. Though by all accounts, the film Rian has made is really unique and fresh.

Part of me is torn...I definitely don't want people as inexperienced as Trank getting thrown films they aren't ready for/have the proven character to handle, but I think the rumours of Stephen Daldry directing the Obi-Wan spin-off are just so uninspiring. Fair enough if they want safe hands, but I'd rather they at least pick directors on the up and with their own sense of style. I mentioned Curon and Del Toro, and those are both directors I'd much rather see tackling SW than uninspiring journeymen like Daldry and Ron Howard. Hell, even someone like Gore Verbinski or Brad Bird would be interesting to see.

Edited by Darknoon, 06 September 2017 - 12:10 PM.

My comic, which I'd appreciate you reading:
Posted Image

#1853 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,624 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

Edgar Wright for Episode IX (although I guess he might have burnt bridges at the Disney/Marvel omniglobal entertainment factory after Ant-Man).

Shane Black for Episode IX, then. A neo-noir buddy cop movie featuring Rey and Kylo uncovering an evil scheme that goes all the way to the top, and also is set at Christmas for some reason. Do they have Christmas in space, though?

Wait, I've got it: Christopher Nolan. A giant blockbuster visual spectacle where characters only exist to deliver exposition and the sound mixing is so bad you can't understand what anyone is saying. Snoke turns out to have been Michael Caine all along.

Spoiler

#1854 Darknoon

Darknoon

hail hydra

• 1,262 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:36 AM

Wait, I've got it: Christopher Nolan. A giant blockbuster visual spectacle where characters only exist to deliver exposition and the sound mixing is so bad you can't understand what anyone is saying. Snoke turns out to have been Michael Caine all along.

The thought of this actually gave me an aneurysm. I genuinely do think Christopher Nolan is one of the best filmmakers out there today, but only when it comes to cerebral cinema. The thought of him writing dialogue for characters called Chewbacca and Snoke gives me an aneurysm, especially after the farcical last 1/3 of Interstellar...

Edgar Wright would be great, but never gonna happen haha. Hopefully one day for a spin-off? I'm still sticking with Cuaron as my favorite choice here, despite the fact it'd never happen.

My comic, which I'd appreciate you reading:
Posted Image

#1855 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,624 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:16 AM

Christopher Nolan is the one the prophecies foretold, who will gives us a Star Wars love story to rival the sweeping romantic elegy that was Anakin and Pad-uh-may.

#1856 Florent

Florent

Poe Dayumeron

• Nova Patron
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:17 AM

Guys... what if they bring in George Lucas to make a Star War?

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#1857 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,624 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

POPULAR

Guys... what if they bring in George Lucas to make a Star War?

tumblr_o1l4j6zS3O1r8wb5ko2_500.gif

EDIT - I've got it, you guys: Episode IX, Quentin Tarantino is making his ninth movie... it was right in front of us all along. Mace Windu comes back from the dead, everyone says the N-word a bunch, Rey spends the whole movie barefoot and it all ends in a giant bloodbath.

#1858 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

Too bad Tarantino is making the Manson family movie that definitely won't be in poor taste at all.

FWIW I wouldn't object to a return for George Lucas. Star Wars has already been commercialized to Hell so it's not like his toy-selling shtick would really change anything about the series in its current form. Revenge of the Sith showed he still kind of gets it IMHO. Just assign a no-nonsense editor to the movie to keep things from getting out of hand. The Disney director-of-the-week approach feels so soulless and mechanical. For better or worse, it doesn't feel like Star Wars without Lucas.

tumblr_mv5348v8GT1qghl49o1_500.gif

#1859 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Almish Santa.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

The Disney director-of-the-week approach feels so soulless and mechanical. 

Honestly, I hadn't thought of it that way. That kind of approach kind of skeeves me out about it now. :I

Now I'm beginning to understand why Tolkien was so adamant about keeping his Middle Earth stuff out of Disney's hands.

Not saying that some Hollywood idiots didn't still manage to botch it anyway, but it could have been much worse.

#1860 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,624 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:42 PM

Oh I don't agree with that at all. I mean, Rogue One was a bit bleh, but The Force Awakens felt Star-Wars-ier than anything since the original trilogy to me. Exciting space adventures with fun action and characters I actually like; I went into that movie thinking I was too old to really care about any of this Star Wars business any more, and I walked out a changed man.

Lucas is such a boring, boring, boring director. UGH HE'S SO BORING! He's a dull old man who directs dull old man movies. Every scene is people sitting on couches or walking down hallways; sitting, lounging, reclining, discussing all their dumb prophecies and their horrible romances. Oh, let's check in with what's going on in the Senate while we're at it, because that's definitely what children like to see in their movies. He can't write dialogue, all his characters have the same voice, he writes the dumbest stories, his directing style couldn't be less exciting; for the love of God, keep him away from my wonderful new Star Wars.

There's also the fact that he doesn't want to make any more Star Wars movies. There's a four billion dollar cheque with his name on it proving just that. He's out. The nightmare is over.

EDIT - It's JJ, baby.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users