Photo

ZONE - Devil Dog (Grimm's Army spacecraft)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,094 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

The Devil Dog was far from the fanciest of spacecrafts. The interior was a bit cramped - especially if you were a particularly tall alien - and a few things on the inside that weren't immediately integral to the ship's functioning and the crew's survival had been allowed to rust. All things considered, it was a relatively small ship, home to a crew of around thirty.

Everyone had received their orders and all the information Grimm's Army had to offer - including the fact that they had just recently run into a Victorian spacecraft on essentially the same mission, so they would no doubt be joined by some Victorians on the planet surface. From the mercenary crew, several individuals had volunteered to undertake the most dangerous part of the mission: actually descending to the planet.

It wasn't only dangerous for every obvious reason - it was also dangerous because the Devil Dog didn't have a shuttle bay. All this ship had was something colloquially known in Grimm's Army as "puke machines." Puke machines were pods that a person strapped themselves into, and they held on for dear life as they careened down toward the planet. They were so named because of how extremely fast, and extremely rough, the windowless pods were. After being trapped in a dark, tiny space hurtling at incredible speeds through the atmosphere and landing on a planet surface, it was pretty much a guarantee that the passenger (sometimes called the victim) was going to throw up the instant they staggered out of the pod.

As for how they got back up onto the ship afterward, the Devil Dog itself would land and retrieve them once the coast was clear, as it wasn't a terribly huge craft. But landing on the planet right away was far too risky. Better to lose only those sent down in the puke machines than to lose the entire ship.

That, or they could just end up taking that Victorian shuttle they'd probably meet down there.

But that was for another time. For now, everyone began to gather in the puke machine bay, the pods open and waiting for them. One of the first arrivals in the room was an immensely tall and impressive Wrognoth ((Jak, NPC)), who silently checked his guns in a far corner. They were certainly a motley crew... but that was far from unusual with Grimm's Army.

Until the captain of the Devil Dog gave the orders to strap into a puke machine and prepare descent to the planet, they had this time to themselves.

((Welcome to Awakening! You should only post here if your character is in Grimm's Army. Right now, we're just doing introductions and initial interactions, so use this time to get to know each other. DM posts will usually happen about once a week (unless I'm replying to someone as one of my NPCs, in which case I will reply a lot faster).

For convenience, here's a list of the characters present at this time...

• Sofia Martinez-Rivera (Klaykid)
  • Kragzek (Burgs)
  • Kimberly "KO" Ocelot (Hawk)
  • Tarquinn Superbus (Dalton)
  • Rhys Hansard (DragonJedi)
  • Valmak (DragonJedi)
  • Jak (NPC)

))

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,322 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:16 AM

Kragzek’s arrival in the puke machine bay was preceded by the clanking of his heavy metal boots. The armored Mahlok quickly took in the view of his fellow mercenaries accompanying him on this mission, keeping a good grip on his hefty weaponry as he began to make his way to the opposite side of the room. His footwear continued to make a racket as he stomped along, though fortunately it did not take the bulky alien long before he leaned against a wall, relaxing as best he could. He seemed to constantly eye the others, his pupil-less eyes making it difficult to discern who exactly he was sizing up as he did so.

Finally setting his Shredder beside him, the Mahlok took advantage of his free time and now-freed hand to light a small but surprisingly focused flame in his palm, carefully scorching a bit more black finish onto one of his shoulder pads, which had begun to grey from lack of soot.

However, Kragzek found himself lost in his work, and a pleasant - if distinctly deep and rather quake-like - humming emanated from the Mahlok as he played with fire.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#3 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:47 AM

((A little uninspired at the moment. I'm in a bit of a writing funk.))

Oh, she was definitely well acquainted with the puke machines. And their reputation was well deserved. Sofia was not sure whether it was a good idea skipping chow before a ride to the surface. Sometimes she got lucky and did not have to deal with the immediate vomit inducing impact. But most of the times she made the drop, she vomited everything in her stomach that day. Going on mission on an empty stomach was always a bad idea (and feeling to top that off). Just looking at the damn machines themselves gave Sofia a queezy feeling inside her stomach.

Shaking her head, Sofia decided to make the best of her situation. She grabbed a few cans of spray paint that were lying about the ship and began to tag her own pod with depictions of death, skulls, and candy. Though, despite having the damn reaper on her pod, it was more of a cartoony depiction and was not intimidating at all.

"Voilà!" she hollered. "Looks... better."

But the feeling in her stomach did not disappear. It was going to be a long day.

gdV21HZ.gif

#4 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Patron
  • 6,322 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:55 AM

As Kragzek worked, he realized his humming was being outdone by the hissing of spray cans. Puzzled, he slowly took in the room once more... and eventually spotted the source. A human - one with a fair amount of cybernetic augmentation - was tagging her ‘puke machine’ with depictions of death, skulls, and candy. Though, despite having the damn reaper on her pod, it was more of a cartoony depiction and was not intimidating at all. That in particular left the Mahlok vaguely confused as his fire soon dissipated thanks to his distraction.

"Voilà!" she hollered. "Looks... better."

The clatter and shift of metal plates soon emanated from Kragzek as he rose to his feet with slow but steady deliberation. A few clanks followed as he made his way over, peering over the human with ease at her work. It was difficult to make out his emotion - his armor still on in its entirety - but he had left his weaponry back where he originally rested by his own drop pod. He turned his attention to her after a moment of examining her work, his eyes as unreadable and rather menacingly glowing as usual.

“...Depends.” He rumbled, his voice like a small volcano. “Is not scary.” He clarified after a long, rather tense moment, stepping up beside the woman rather than behind her. He gestured to one of several pieces of candy. “...And what this?”

#5 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:46 AM

Tarquinn moved into the part of the ship reserved for the aptly named 'puke machine' landing pods. For the most part, he ignored the rest of the crew members that also made their way there, until some sort of debate began between two of the members.

The Cyborg Mercenary made his way over and saw that one of the other mercenaries - Sofia - had begun to doodle on her pod. This seemed to confuse one of the other members of the crew - Kragzek - who was currently relaying his confusion to the female mercenary.

Tarquinn simply stood quietly by, waiting to butt in at the right time.

#6 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

Kimberly "KO" Ocelot was forced to walk through the Grimm vessel slowly. Even among her own kind, KO would be considered tall, meaning that she came dangerously close to bumping her head on the ceiling with every step. Despite her cramped quarters, however, KO was happy to be working with Grimm's army. As much as she loved professional wrestling, Kimberly had been longing for a change of scenery and a new challenge to overcome. It was time to see if her skills in the ring translated well to the mercenary business.

Wrognoth's were apparently rare in the galaxy, but it seemed that Grimm was lucky enough to have at least two of them as part of his team. As Kimberly stepped through the hallway, she spied another tall Wrognoth who most would have probably have described as being "tall and impressive." Kimberly, however, was not impressed at all as the Wrognoth went about sorting his guns. A true warrior did not have to rely on firearms in combat. "Heh, guess Grimm's army isn't as tough as I thought."

The rest of the crew, meanwhile, was gathered tightly around Grimm's "puke machines." Between the name of these capsules and the name of the ship itself, KO was beginning to wonder if the same people who named wrestlers were working for Grimm. Regardless, the thought of falling towards the ground in one of these small pods was perhaps the one part of the mission that scared KO the most. The pods were already cramped for the average human, but for someone as large as KO? She would have to squat just to fit in. Thank goodness she had been keeping up with her leg days at the gym. 

She came up behind a cyborg who seemed to be watching the rest of the team. The man appeared to be biding his time for the right opportunity to intercede himself in the conversation. In other words, he was shy. Thankfully for him, KO knew that he would never make friends that way, and she knew of the perfect method for him to make a proper entrance.

She shoved him, causing the mercenary to fall flat on his face in front of Sofia's pod. "C'mon man. In a matter of time we're going to be watching each other's backs on the battlefield. We have to introduce ourselves, and that means sometimes we gotta step into the spotlight." KO said. As all eyes fell on her, KO winked to the gathered mercenaries. She loved nothing more than an audience. "Greetings one and all. My name is Kimberly Ocelot, but you can all call me KO. I joined Grimm's army after winning championships in ever single wrestling company in the galaxy. It's nice to meet y'all." For no real reason, KO flexed her arms a bit, showing the mercenaries the biggest guns in Grimm's arsenal. 

As Tarquinn looked up, he saw himself staring at a Wrognoth that was almost eleven feet tall who had to crouch just to fit through the corridor. Rather than wearing her armor, KO had chosen to relax in her ring gear. Unless he miscounted, he could've sworn that she had about ten abs. 

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#7 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:51 PM

“...Depends."

A thunderous voice boomed from behind Sofia like the explosion of a breacher charge. And it was a rather slow and drawn out voice as well. Sofia quickly turned around and stared at the massive creature that stared her down. And his armor certainly did not help his appearance. Unless he wanted to look like the epitome of death itself, then he got that down alright. Sofia quickly rubbed her face and regained her composure.

"Is not scary.”

"T's not s'posed to be, Bub."

"...And what this?”

She looked to where the Mahlok pointed and widened her eyes in surprise that he did not recognize the universal symbol for human hard candy. A smile quickly grew on her strawberry lips and she stared at the Mahlok with fervor.

"Boy!" she shouted with a guttural tone. "You. Are. In. For. It."

Sofia quickly pulled a lolipop from a satchel on her thigh and quickly offered it to the Mahlok.

"My favorite flavor! Sour apple. Man! You've never had human candy before?!"

Sofia playfully elbowed the Mahlok in his armored side. Forgetting that the creature was wearing material harder than her damn robotic arms, the woman reeled her arm back in pain and silently cursed to herself. Suddenly, a more cyberneticaly modified human fell at her feet with a muscular Wrognoth behind him. Sofia tossed the man a candy as she approached Kimberly Ocelot.

"Greetings one and all. My name is Kimberly Ocelot, but you can all call me KO. I joined Grimm's army after winning championships in ever single wrestling company in the galaxy. It's nice to meet y'all."

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" hollered Sofia. "I know you! Ocelot the wrestler!"

It has been a long time since she had seen a celebrity, and the first time she met one working for Grimm's Army. It seems ol' Grimm himself likes to pick talent from every corner of the galaxy. Sofia could not help but stare at her abs.

"Damn! Your muscles are much more impressive in person..."

She swore you could cut diamonds with those.

gdV21HZ.gif

#8 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

"Damn! Your muscles are much more impressive in person..."

The human was staring at her abs. Ocelot had to admit: there were certainly worse things to stare at. However, the Zygbarian held her gaze just long enough to make it awkward for everyone in the room. With a huff, the wrestler cleared her throat. Her cheeks turned red. As accustomed as KO was to putting her body in display in front of a crowd screaming for blood, this kind of attention from a fan up close always made her uncomfortable. "Yes, well, thank you. I'm...glad you like them? Hahaha..." Ocelot's laughter, shockingly, did not at all alleviate how awkward this situation was becoming. 

Ocelot took a second to survey the rest of the crew members gathered in the room. The woman standing before her was small (by KO's standard), perky, and for lack of a better term...cute. Behind her, Ocelot could see a few stickers on what she assumed was her "puke machine." Ocelot had joined Grimm's army in part because she had heard that it was one of the toughest armies in all of Nova Refuge. And yet, the woman standing before her seemed nice. Like the kind of person she'd want to go out and party with, but trust her back to on the battlefield. Already, KO was beginning to question whether or not she really belonged here. 

She was already acquainted with the shy man she had shoved into the center of the room. As such, the only person remaining appeared to be the Mahlok standing off to the side with a lollipop in his mouth. He wore thick black armor that reeked of trying too hard to look tough. It was Ocelot's belief that those who insisted on wearing thick armor such as his were actually cowards, too afraid to fight without turning their bodies into an armored tank. Still, perhaps he would provide a worthy challenge some point in the future. "So, we sure are an odd bunch. A Wrognoth, a Mahlok, and a couple of humans stuck on a ship called the 'Devil Dog.' Sounds more like the beginning of a very cheesy joke."

"Still, I like your stickers." KO stepped forward, still forced to crouch to avoid hitting her head on the ceiling. She poked Sofia's puke box. "Got any spares? I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of dreading the thought of getting into my puke box. Some o' these babies might make it more comfortable." Also, try as she might, KO could not stop her nose from picking up the scent of sour apple candy. It had been years since she had sweets as she was always tried to keep herself on a strict diet. But, now that she had picked up the scent...she had to have it.

"Also...what is that delightful scent?" KO said. She looked down at Sofia, her lips watering. "Can I have some?"

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#9 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Patron
  • 6,322 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

"T's not s'posed to be, Bub."

Kragzek blinked - or rather, he would have if he could. It took him a second to decipher what she said, and a much longer moment to process what she meant. Her vehicle was covered in skulls - albeit ones that looked neither frightening nor realistic - and they weren’t supposed to demoralize the enemy? What was the point, then? As the mahlok stared at the strange symbols, his mind wandered… and considered the fact he was still staring. Why?

He finally found something to ask about, and at that the woman seemed surprised.

"Boy!" she shouted with a guttural tone. Kragzek almost jumped. "You. Are. In. For. It."

Sofia quickly pulled a… a thing from a satchel on her thigh and quickly held it out towards him. The alien stiffened, bracing himself for some kind of attack as one hand curled into a fist to strike back-

"My favorite flavor! Sour apple. Man! You've never had human candy before?!"

“Huh?” Kragzek grunted, all but frozen in confusion. That… wasn’t a weapon? She wasn’t… threatening him?

Sofia playfully elbowed the mahlok in his armored side. Klunk. She didn’t seem to realize his armor was even tougher than her mechanical arms, and she promptly reeled back in pain and silently cursed to herself. Before Kragzek could offer any kind of apology, another cyborg toppled over nearby, catching his attention.

Towering over the fallen man was the biggest wrognoth Krag had ever seen. She had very big muscles… and no armor.

"Greetings one and all. My name is Kimberly Ocelot, but you can all call me KO. I joined Grimm's army after winning championships in every single wrestling company in the galaxy. It's nice to meet y'all."

“...Uh-huh.” Kragzek grunted, not really sure what else to add to all that. He figured a name would be appropriate, after a moment of thought-

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" hollered Sofia. "I know you! Ocelot the wrestler! Damn! Your muscles are much more impressive in person..."

Sparks began to lazily drift out of Krag’s helmet as his face heated up. His muscles were impressive!

With a grumble, he began to ease off the metal plates coating his arms. “Right…” He murmured, slowly flexing as his upper armor plates bounced off the floor with a dull klunking. “How ‘bout this?” The mahlok grunted, looking to Sofia for approval. Or fear. Either worked.

#10 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

Tarquinn was minding his own business when something fell on top of him.

The thing turned out to be a female Wrestler: a Wrognoth who had...ten abs. It was hard to tell if Tarquinn had any sort of emotion about this, as his head was covered, but he seemed somewhat impressed.

"Greetings one and all. My name is Kimberly Ocelot, but you can all call me KO. I joined Grimm's army after winning championships in every single wrestling company in the galaxy. It's nice to meet y'all."

"Hey! Hey! Hey! I know you! Ocelot the wrestler! Damn! Your muscles are much more impressive in person..."

Right…How ‘bout this?

"I don't mean to interrupt the hero or...muscle worship," Tarquinn said as he stood "but, what exactly-"

"Also...what is that delightful scent? Can I have some?"

Tarquinn glanced at the Sofia, who apparently was handing out candy of some sort.

"May I have some as well?" The Cyborg Mercenary asked.

It would be wise to...mingle with the others.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users