The Video Game News Thread

• Please log in to reply
7510 replies to this topic

#7501 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,627 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:26 PM

I have no idea what to say about Death Stranding because it's completely inscrutable, but it looks incredible and I love it and I need it now and I don't want to wait for 2021 for it to actually come out but I will anyway.

Here's the Bayo 3 teaser:

EDIT - Norman Reedus said "Did you like it" after the Death Stranding footage. Is this memes?

EDIT - So the show is actually still going. I thought they'd end on Death Stranding, but now they have to come up with another big thing to end on, right? I think you guys know what I'm thinking...

EDIT - Lance Reddick is here! He's just given the Best Student Game award to an Australian guy, and it's always so weird when my ears are so used to hearing American accents and suddenly one of my own countrymen starts talking and it feels like a foreign language :P

EDIT - The developer of Brothers and A Way Out is way too intense and Geoff had to cut him off mid-monologue.

EDIT - You guys, this show isn't ending. We're at the two hour mark and they're still saying there's way more to come. Geoff has somehow put together the best video game show of the year and IT'S NOT OVER YET (SNAKE)!

They had a new trailer for Dreams (the PS4 game from the Little Big Planet people), which I honestly thought might have been canceled, and now they're doing a mini-documentary thing about Andrew House.

EDIT - Hellblade wins best... story, I think? I tuned out a bit, and then the ridiculous haircut that the Ninja Theory guy is sporting is kind of drowning out everything else here; he's gone full Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg. Remember when he made them give Dante his own haircut in the DMC reboot?

#7502 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Patron
  • 998 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

For those of you how want to see the mindf*** that was the new Death Stranding trailer, here you go, and brace yourselves for Kojima Unchained.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#7503 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,627 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

Now Andy Serkis is here?

What is this thing?

EDIT - He's presenting the Best Performance award, which is kind of rich coming from a ham like him. The Hellblade lady wins.

EDIT - They're talking about something called GTFO, which I think was some kind of multiplayer FPS thing. I'll be honest, I was not paying any attention to it.

Bayonetta 3, you guys. How did that just come out of nowhere? I didn't know joy could still exist in the world.

EDIT - Ed Boon, of all people, is here presenting Best Game Direction to the guy who did Breath of the Wild (which also wins Best Action/Adventure). His translator is way too tall and he has to stoop to reach the microphone, but they do at least have matching dorky haircuts.

Now there's a new trailer for Metro Exodus.

Just Game of the Year to go now, and hopefully one last reveal of you-know-what. They've got a live orchestra playing what I understand to be music from Overwatch right now.

EDIT - This is so good. The orchestra is doing a medley of songs from each of the GOTY contenders, ending on a woman in a red dress scurrying out on stage for a live vocal performance of Jump Up Super Star! (She was lip-syncing, but I'll still take it.)

Breath of the Wild wins GOTY. These guys are adorable. Eiji Aonuma started his speech with "SANKYUUU AMERICA!"

EDIT - They didn't do a 'one more thing'. No DMCV. BUT IT'S DEFINITELY GOING TO BE AT PSX!

#7504 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Patron
  • 998 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:41 PM

Just Game of the Year to go now, and hopefully one last reveal of you-know-what.

So...  How'd that DMC prediction workout for you?

5Sa8Z49.gif

#7505 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,627 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

So...  How'd that DMC prediction workout for you?

PSX BABY!

For realsies, the DMCV rumour always said that the game's reveal has been pushed back to E3 2018, so that's what I'm really getting my hopes up for, but I still have to get hype for all major conferences just in case. It's probably not going to be at PSX, either, but that's not going to stop me from getting UNREASONABLY SUPER HYPED ANYWAY!

And, hey, shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. Who would ever have thought we'd get BAY. OH. NETTA. THREE!?

PSX is just about 22 hours away, btw. Sony's been trying to downplay it, citing that they played their hand at the Paris Games Show and PSX is going to be a lower profile thing. It seems like they're mostly doing panels, but there is a keynote sort of thing that they're going to livestream. I don't really know what to expect, but YOU KNOW WHAT MIGHT BE THERE? DEVIL MAY CRY V oh God I have a problem.

Here's the tease for the new From Software game, anyway:

#7506 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:29 AM

I'm scared to ever play a DMC game, in case I turn into Ocelot. 😀
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#7507 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,627 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:25 PM

I'm scared to ever play a DMC game, in case I turn into Ocelot. 😀

Once you witness the soul-searing glory that is Devil May Cry, nothing else will ever match up.

OK, TROOPERS, PSX is starting in about half an hour. Hopefully we'll see some more from Ghosts of Tsushima, a bit of The Last of Us 2, maybe even a proper reveal of whatever that From Software thing was last night. And maybe Devil May Cry V, of course.

#7508 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

Ocey, my internet sucks too hard to live stream at night much anymore. Especially while other people are using it.

I'm relying solely on you to at least mention, just subtly, if they announce DMC5 there tonight. Because I have to know. Think you can do that for me? Think you won't, y'know, overlook it or forget?

:P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#7509 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,627 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:11 PM

Wolfie, for you, I will make sure to assume a thoroughly uncharacteristic level of hype if they announce this... 'DMC5', did you say? It sounds interesting.

Shaun Layden, the guy who looks like the bad guy from Equilibrium, is sitting on a couch bantering with another guy. He's wearing a shirt with some kind of logo on it under a jacket. All that's peaking out is the top of a white circle; what could it be?

EDIT - So this whole thing is a little bit unbearable. It's very pretend-casual, like "Let's bring out the developer of this game and have a totally definitely not at all scripted and rehearsed conversation with him!". The God of War guy says the game's going to be forty hours long, which sounds insane.

EDIT - God of War passed with no new footage, not even a release date, and now they're moving onto Dreams, so I might be relegating this one to background noise while I do more important things. Like my daily hours of fantasising about DMC5.

EDIT - There's a new guy out there, but I don't care enough about who he is to unmute the stream. Nothing's happening. I'm wondering if this is Sony trying to do a Nintendo Treehouse stream and forgetting that they still have gameplay footage on the Treehouse streams.

Wait, the new guy's picked up a controller. AND HE'S PLAYING THE DAVID CAGE GAME! Oh man, you got me, Sony. Back to mute again.

EDIT - Audience is going wild...

J7TLB90.gif

From front to back, it's a perfect spectrum of pretending to care. Tongue-in-cheek polite applause -> reluctant clapping -> three claps and back to crossed arms -> not even bothering to clap -> not even looking up from phone.

EDIT - Oh wait, they're showing trailers. A new one for Soul Calibur 6.

OH GOD ONE FROM CAPCOM!

No, wait, I think this is just Monster Hunter. God, my heart was pounding for a moment :P

EDIT - Now they're just showing the same Death Stranding scene from yesterday. All eight minutes of it. I mean, I'll watch it again, of course, but where's my new hotness, bruv?

EDIT - Kojima's here and he's got that weird robo arm thing on his shoulder from the Death Stranding footage!

cmwcUSV.gif

EDIT - Layden's revealed the thing on his shirt: it's Sir Daniel Fortescue's grave. It looks like they're remaking the Medievil games for PS4 like they did with Crash.

EDIT - It seems like that's it for the main show, and now they're going to do panels or something. Oh God he said that Greg Miller is coming up next. I'm out. What an absolute waste of time. Don't do this again next year, Sony.

#7510 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Patron
  • 998 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

At this point I feel like DMCV is going to be Ocelot's version of Half Life 3.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#7511 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,627 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:42 AM

AvsZxHc.gif

EDIT - Hey, Nintendo did the Akira meme:

DQf5x1wUMAAyXaF.jpg

Bike.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users