• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

... Black Widow's hairs aren't red enough...

Yeah, agreed. And Thor's is FAR too blonde... It almost looks banana-yellow. They could have gone with sand-tan and I think it would have been more accurate. :/

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#42 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

I thought the same thing about the hair colors. Black Widow's should be more red, and Thor's less yellow. Also, I wanted Thor's helmet, dammit. I hope they make one, but since the movies seem stubbornly determined never to let him wear it, I guess they probably won't. :(

Cool stuff otherwise. I want that modern bow; that thing is awesome.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#43 Cubo

Cubo

"Lie still."

• 138 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

I will definitely be picking up the set with Hulk as he is my favourite Marvel character (If you couldn't already tell).
Hours Spent in Skyrim: 75
CUBO: level 39 Nord, Master Smith and Warrior
Questlines Complete: The Companions, Dark Brotherhood, Civil War, Main
Questlines Close to Completion: Thieves Guild
Questlines not yet started: College of Winterhold
Daedric Artifacts Obtained: 12

#44 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hey, it's my alternate universe clone that loves the Hulk instead of Halo!! Hi clone!!

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#45 Cubo

Cubo

"Lie still."

• 138 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

How you going mate. Yes I am quite a fan of the Incredible Hulk. :D

Edited by Cubo, 17 April 2012 - 05:12 AM.

Hours Spent in Skyrim: 75
CUBO: level 39 Nord, Master Smith and Warrior
Questlines Complete: The Companions, Dark Brotherhood, Civil War, Main
Questlines Close to Completion: Thieves Guild
Questlines not yet started: College of Winterhold
Daedric Artifacts Obtained: 12

#46 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:20 AM

I got a set today. I love it!

gTAoKX.gif

#47 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

Mr. President of the Evil Comic Makers' Society

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

Am I the only one who finds it funny that Avengers Assemble fits in perfectly with the whole Lego thing? XD

Also, here's hoping for Lego Avengers: The Video Game. Complete with Iron Man 1 + 2, Thor, Hulk, Incredible Hulk and Captain America missions... -drool-

Posted Image

#48 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

Also, here's hoping for Lego Avengers: The Video Game. Complete with Iron Man 1 + 2, Thor, Hulk, Incredible Hulk and Captain America missions... -drool-

That would be so awesome. Smashing stuff to literal pieces with Hulk.

#49 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

The Hulk is the coolest minifigure I have ever gotten. Thor's hair is defiantly too yellow, though. And Hawkeye's hair looks like orange vampire hair. But the Hulk is da best. :lol:

gTAoKX.gif

#50 cheeso194

cheeso194

Corporal

• Nova Member
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

Awesome. Positively awesome. Deadpool is sweet, and I'm thrilled to have new black katanas (assuming Deadpool has black katanas). I might end up doing a Deadpool episode in my One Offs and Pilots. Also, that Iron Man helmet will probably end up painted and on top of a Ninjago skeleton chest armor to make some microscale Mecha sorta guys.

I DO NEAT THINGS WITH COMICS

Cheeso's One Offs and Pilots

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9064

#51 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

Hmmm... Something tells me I need to purchase these sets, but the only time I ever get a chance is when I'm in town during breaks at college, when all of my college friends are there, who aren't aware that I like Lego.

Methinks I'll be ordering on Amazon. :3

Posted Image

#52 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

Wow. Every store in my area was sold out of LEGO Avengers after the movie came out. I only found one stray Captain America set that had been misplaced. Even the Wolverine/Deadpool/Magneto sets were gone, and that's the main one I wanted.

I might also get the chase scene with Loki's helmet and Hawkeye's bow. I'm trying to save up for all the LotR sets. :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#53 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Okay, I might be going crazy here, but the only Avengers sets I can find here in the UK cost exactly the same as in the US. As in, with the $ sign swapped for a £ sign. So a US$19.99 set is GBP£19.99. Now I don't follow much economic news, but since when was the $US worth the same amount as GBP£?

EDIT: In fact, the Captain America motorbike set, which is $12.99, is actually £19.99. WTF, TLC.

Posted Image

#54 Tr0jin H0rse

Tr0jin H0rse

Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthorpist

• Nova Member
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

I just got the Quinjet and Captain America's set, and I couldn't be happier! Iron Man is just awesome, and his helmet is great in real life, especially with the opening faceplate. The trans-light blue repulsors really offset the size of the helmet, making it fit perfectly. Thor is excellent, he looks almost exactly like his movie counterpart. Mjolnir is simple, but effective. His hair may be too yellow but keep in mind, this is LEGO not perfectly to scale and accurate action figures. Thor and Iron man are my faves.

Next up is Black Widow. She is sweet, but the only downside is her cheekbones. But I can easily overlook that. She doesn't come with any weapons, so I gave her two of the Star Wars pistols that Captain Rex uses, but in black. They are the closest things I could find that are actually proper LEGO. Black Widow is detailed and great to have.

My last Avenger is the 90ish year old Captain America! Even though he has been frozen in ice for 70 years, Cap is as good as ever. He has good detailing and his Vibranium shield works well. The only thing I can pick at is that his colors are dark, so in poor light you can't see his details. Oh well!

Next is the banished god of mischief, Loki. On many Internet reviews people complain that his face is the same as Lex Luthors and his look needs more green and he has no back printing. But when I searched the Avengers film Loki to see what he looks like, LEGO have actually done a really accurate job! In the Avengers, his outfit only has two green bits and a green cape and the torso has gold highlighting, just like the minifigure. They did a really good job.

The Chitauri (alien foot soldiers and alien general) are cool figures and would work well as any alien in MOCS or comics. They look like their film counterparts and their crafts are very detailed and thought out.

The Quinjet itself is a massive craft and is a great parts packet. It has heaps of trans-ice blue grills which are awesome. The drone drop function works well too.

Now all I need is to save up for the Hulk set, and I have all of the Avengers!

#55 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Okay, I might be going crazy here, but the only Avengers sets I can find here in the UK cost exactly the same as in the US. As in, with the $ sign swapped for a £ sign. So a US$19.99 set is GBP£19.99. Now I don't follow much economic news, but since when was the $US worth the same amount as GBP£?

EDIT: In fact, the Captain America motorbike set, which is $12.99, is actually £19.99. WTF, TLC.

Yeah, pretty sure the American dollar is on the rise and the GBP is going down what with that whole Greece thing or something. I don't know real news unless Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart satirize it for me.

I wouldn't mind picking up a Captain America set and taking it to some BrickArms classic Nazi gear for ultimate WW2 Cap'n.

giphy.gif

#56 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Yeah, pretty sure the American dollar is on the rise and the GBP is going down what with that whole Greece thing or something. I don't know real news unless Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart satirize it for me.

I'm pretty sure GBP is still worth more than USD though... It hasn't affected any other Lego sets that I've noticed, just these ones. Maybe they aren't available here yet so the high price is due to importing? iDunno.

Posted Image

#57 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

I need to buy that Captain America set. As much as I like Captain America, I'm actually buying it for the gold head on those robot guys.

gTAoKX.gif

#58 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

Curse you Walmart... it said online that they had Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape in stock, but I get there only to find that they're still in the back somewhere. Cappy's cool, but I really want Hawkeye...

EDIT: I re-did the little Chitauri speeder to be more movie-accurate, and I'm very pleased. (May post pictures sometime) Going to Walmart again in a bit... *fingers crossed*

Edited by Jase, 26 May 2012 - 11:29 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel / DC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users