• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,845 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:18 PM

POPULAR

Wargear here, I finally decided to start a photography topic. Enjoy! First off, my German II midterm!
JOHN CONRAD'S LEBEN (John Conrad's Life) ((John Conrad ******** is my grandfather and I did this project in remembrance of him and of his duty during WWII, everything within is truth and what he did during the war))
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Neyo Wargear, 21 April 2015 - 05:54 PM.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#2 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,455 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:15 PM

Interesting!  There were some focus issues with a few of the lego pictures, but they were fun to look at.  Seeing a WW2 uniform still in wearable condition was definitely the highlight for me, though.

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#3 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,845 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

Interesting!  There were some focus issues with a few of the lego pictures, but they were fun to look at.  Seeing a WW2 uniform still in wearable condition was definitely the highlight for me, though.

Yeah, there were some of these 'sets' that I could not for the life of me get to focus. Yeah, I actually wore the uniform when I presented this for my grade. People really loved the uniform, and so do I.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

#4 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

You remind me of someone I know called Thomas ****. 

#5 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, there were some of these 'sets' that I could not for the life of me get to focus. Yeah, I actually wore the uniform when I presented this for my grade. People really loved the uniform, and so do I.

When I have focus issues (happens all the time), I take the camera back a few inches, and then go back in. If it still doesn't work, try different angles and see if it gets back in focus.

I agree with Lord_Capulet. Seeing the WWII uniform was the highlight.

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#6 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,845 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

You remind me of someone I know called Thomas ****.

Hmm, who is this Thomas? A fellow WWII buff?

When I have focus issues (happens all the time), I take the camera back a few inches, and then go back in. If it still doesn't work, try different angles and see if it gets back in focus.

I agree with Lord_Capulet. Seeing the WWII uniform was the highlight.

I'll have to attempt those solutions next time I have focus issues.

Yeah, I really love the WWII uniform as well. Time for an update, instead of LEGO WWII, my grandfather, and his uniform. Today is dog/puppy day. Prepare yourself for adorable Filipino puppies.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

WARNING. WARNING. INCOMING PUPPIES. REPEAT, INCOMING PUPPIES. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

That's all for now! Did you die from adorableness?

Edited by Neyo Wargear, 21 April 2015 - 05:46 PM.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#7 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

Here's that 'selfie'. That is I, Neyo Wargear, wearing my grandfather's WWII dress uniform. He was 5'10", and so am I. He was 9th Infantry Division, 60th Infantry Regiment, Anti-Tank Company when he joined. His last organization was the 68th Armored Infantry Battalion, Company A. I can find no info whatsoever on Co A 68th AiB, it's as if they never existed...

After a bit of googling I was able to find a bit about the 68th AIB, it did in fact exist. Here it is listed on wikipedia under Light Divison, and here's a company photo of HHC. I can't find much, but there were so many different battalions and companies during WW2 its hard to keep track of their less than stellar records. I found out they were part of the 14th Armored Divison, I'd recommend looking into that more.

My Grandfather was an Ammo Sergeant for a howitzer with Alpha Battery 494th Armored Forward Artillery (12th Armored Divison) and through some direct searching of his name with terms like "Name+12th armored division" "name+494th AFA" etc, I was able to find some records that had been uploaded, but my best progress was made by finding a 12th Armored Divison facebook page and forums. (turns out the 12th Armored had a newsletter and all the issues had been scanned and uploaded, my grandfathers name was mentioned a few times)

Best of luck with finding more info about your grandpa, hopefully I helped and if not, feel free to message me, I loved learning more about my Grandpa.

Posted Image
Come visit us at the Firearms topic in the Nova board!
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#8 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,845 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

After a bit of googling I was able to find a bit about the 68th AIB, it did in fact exist. Here it is listed on wikipedia under Light Divison, and here's a company photo of HHC. I can't find much, but there were so many different battalions and companies during WW2 its hard to keep track of their less than stellar records. I found out they were part of the 14th Armored Divison, I'd recommend looking into that more.
My Grandfather was an Ammo Sergeant for a howitzer with Alpha Battery 494th Armored Forward Artillery (12th Armored Divison) and through some direct searching of his name with terms like "Name+12th armored division" "name+494th AFA" etc, I was able to find some records that had been uploaded, but my best progress was made by finding a 12th Armored Divison facebook page and forums. (turns out the 12th Armored had a newsletter and all the issues had been scanned and uploaded, my grandfathers name was mentioned a few times)
Best of luck with finding more info about your grandpa, hopefully I helped and if not, feel free to message me, I loved learning more about my Grandpa.

That was very much helpful. This explains why he has a 14th Armored Division patch in one of his suit pockets. Basically, he started in the 9th Infantry and ended in the 14th Armored. In WWII for the US, an armored infantry battalion was a bunch of infantry fully equipped with M2 and M3 halftracks. Considering he was a maintainer and driver of a halftrack. Along with towing the very AT gun he spotted for, it makes a lot of sense he was armored infantry. You've been most helpful Trik Toral, I thank you. I'll have to photograph more of my grandfather's WWII items.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#9 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:28 PM

Hmm, who is this Thomas? A fellow WWII buff?

Well, everything buff would be more accurate. :D

Also, I'm a KITTEN MAN! ONLY KITTENS ARE ADORABLE!

#10 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,845 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

Small update

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Neyo Wargear, 21 April 2015 - 05:42 PM.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#11 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

These are great photos. Some of the dog shots were awesome. Others a little blurry -- but I won't spend much more time with constructive criticism.

That sunset at Bear Lake is fantastic. I love the colors against the silhouettes.

Happy shooting!

Posted Image

#12 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,845 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:57 AM

Pictures of the sky from the deck in the back of the house.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Tell me what you think.

Edited by Neyo Wargear, 21 April 2015 - 05:39 PM.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#13 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:40 PM

These are fantastic shots! Lovin' the hot colors popping in the photos often framed by darker blues and violets. You have a great eye. That fire on the horizon is probably a favorite of this latest bunch.

I have one quirk, but it only has to do with the format of your posts, not the photographic art. Is it possible you can put each photo under a spoiler so it's easier to scroll down? I'm not sure whether it's just my browser, but every time a new photo is downloaded on the page, my screen jumps up and down and it makes it difficult to see the photos until all of them on your topic are downloaded.

Again, amazing job! Can't wait to see what you shoot next! You inspire me to broaden the horizon of my own subjects and try out landscapes.

Posted Image

#14 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,845 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

These are fantastic shots! Lovin' the hot colors popping in the photos often framed by darker blues and violets. You have a great eye. That fire on the horizon is probably a favorite of this latest bunch.

I have one quirk, but it only has to do with the format of your posts, not the photographic art. Is it possible you can put each photo under a spoiler so it's easier to scroll down? I'm not sure whether it's just my browser, but every time a new photo is downloaded on the page, my screen jumps up and down and it makes it difficult to see the photos until all of them on your topic are downloaded.

Again, amazing job! Can't wait to see what you shoot next! You inspire me to broaden the horizon of my own subjects and try out landscapes.

Thank you, having a nice high deck in the back on 5 acres makes landscape shots pretty easy.

Ah, I know how that is. Though, how does one make a spoiler?

Thank you, I should have a lot more in store, was outside for 50 minutes taking photos and I still have quite a cache of older photos.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#15 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

Ah, I know how that is. Though, how does one make a spoiler?

Oh, that's simple! Just put

[spoiler][/spoiler]

tags around each individual picture. Or all of them. Each set of tags makes a spoiler thingie ^^

-----

Anyway, all of your photos look pretty great! I love the last set, especially: those scenes (not to mention the sunsets/rises/raging fires) are all fantastic ^^

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#16 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,845 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

I was planning a MUCH, MUCH larger update, but you know, gotta love when one time goes crazy and screws everything up. Anyway, have a very condensed update.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

KY0FhTX.jpg

#17 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,845 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

Been far too long for an update. Let me begin.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

All photos taken on my land. Cheers.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#18 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,845 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

Been far too long for an update. All photos were taken while returning home from WWB 2015 MN, after a short storm, all the while listening to Breaking Benjamin's album 'Dark Before Dawn'.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Cheers.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#19 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,845 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:58 PM

An overdue update.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Cheers.

KY0FhTX.jpg

#20 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,845 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:11 AM

Massive update part one. PS, I never edit my photos.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

There's more to come soon. Cheers.

KY0FhTX.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users