Photo

Destiny 2: Coming to PC via Blizzard of all people

Destiny

• Please log in to reply
749 replies to this topic

#1 D-man

D-man

A soldier follows orders, a warrior follows his heart.

• 1,296 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Marty is still killin it with the music.

So, I really am excited for what this game could be. I feel like we're going to have a hybrid of Mass Effect, Borderlands, Halo, and Fallout in space. I like the prospect of having our entire solar system to explore with friends. I wonder how big the raiding parties can be. I want to go conquer planets with massive teams against other players. I really think PvP in this game could be nuts, especially with all the ambient threats that will probably be on each planet.

Oh, and I'm pimping out my spaceship.

tumblr_mlmz00PsPA1qbz8aro1_250.gif

Dracarys

#2 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Patron
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Destiny looks really good, and I get the same vibes in terms of Mass Effect, Borderlands, etc. If they pull off the co-op where it's linear and no way like Halo 3/Reach/ODST where it's a giant lagfest, it has great potential. I like the open world concept, I just hope it's not linear open world like Borderlands where there was no exploring and only doing collect/kill missions.

Also nice avatar.

Texturing - Recently Finished: UNSC Marathon-class Cruiser
Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#3 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Patron
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm with this crew. Bungie hasn't disappointed me yet, so let's see where this magical world will whisk me off to.

#4 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Patron
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm with this crew. Bungie hasn't disappointed me yet, so let's see where this magical world will whisk me off to.

Well there was the gameplay in Reach... but that was only a minor setback. Bungie has been amazing when it comes to games, they definitely know their stuff and they have a wonderful art style.

Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#5 DeadFire87

DeadFire87

Game Intel Master

• 1,095 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Bungie can do great things. I can see some exclusive content here and there for each platform, but other than that I think overall the experience won't be much different between PS and XB versions.

Gameplay so far seems like what a MMO of Mass Effect could be. You travel with a team, go on missions, but with new content every so often from the developer. A central neutral social zone. I do wonder will there be different challenges with so many factions present possibly with a rivalry or two between a few?

Next Batch of consoles...........

PS4 Pro - 4.2 Tflops - 2016

Scorpio - 6 Tflops - 2017

NX - 2017 - Mario Mushrooms, and Link's Hat powered device. 

PS5 - 2019/2020 (Powered by AMD Zen family APU)

XBNext - 2019/2020/2021 (Powered by AMD Zen family APU)

-My old forum.

#6 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Bungie is putting their heart and soul into this.

They will not fail us now.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#7 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Patron
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Bungie can do great things. I can see some exclusive content here and there for each platform, but other than that I think overall the experience won't be much different between PS and XB versions.

It would truly be a beautiful thing if they made the game cross platform capable. I know on Bungie.net, your profile links both PSN and XBL usernames. so this could be a possibility with tracking a single account across both platforms.

Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#8 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

I am super excited to see more. The concept art is gorgeous, for one thing, and the fact that you are playing in a living, breathing world that is constantly changing? Awesome. Bungie has yet to disappoint me, and I'm sure Destiny won't.

Also, I am all for the cross-platform compatibility. I have been waiting for a long time for a company to finally break the mold and do it, and it looks to me like Bungie will be the company to pioneer it. I don't know if there is a better pick than them.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#9 Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd

Rookie

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Bungie is one of the companies, much like EA and Activision, who have the means to pursue anything they want in the world of games. I'm just glad to see that they're using that immense potential to further the industry instead of cranking out sequels until the end of time. I hope Destiny is excellent, sells well, and shows the stagnating industry how great innovation can be.
Ḕ tā̀n ḕ epì tâs

#10 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

I'm just glad to see that they're using that immense potential to further the industry instead of cranking out sequels until the end of time.

...they probably would be, but they can't make Halo games anymore.

gTAoKX.gif

#11 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

But the important thing is that they aren't because they can't, and are rather pursuing something arguably more interesting that offers a much better element of gaming evolution, which is what my taste is all about. Every shooter ever has claimed that they changed the way the FPS plays but Destiny here is showing some good potential, even if it looks like a Halo/Borderlands/ME meld from the get-go.

I enjoyed the hell out of Borderlands 1/2 even if it was a linear open-world and I'm glad that Destiny's taking the roleplay-FPS-fragfrest-with-bros route and taking it to a farther extent and, as far as we can tell, without the linearity.

nY1rpGl.gif

#12 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Patron
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

The thing with Bungie is that they continue to change the FPS market. Vehicle sandbox and off hand grenade button in Halo totally devastated Valve's old-timey 'every weapon in inventory' that was in the Half Life series, which by extension wasn't new as all early FPS games were like that. They effectively broke the mold and now every game models that same type of FPS button layout with minor variations. I can't wait to see what they do with Destiny. From what I've read, you can travel to the other colonized planets in the Sol System, so I hope there's moments like the Sabre mission in Reach, as that's what I think of first when I see Bungie, FPS and space travel in the same article.

Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#13 Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd

Rookie

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

...they probably would be, but they can't make Halo games anymore.

They willingly handed the reins of Halo off to Microsoft, in exchange for their freedom from MS's clutches.

Sounds like they've been ready to do something new for a long time, to me.
Ḕ tā̀n ḕ epì tâs

#14 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Patron
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Since ODST. :P

Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#15 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

Since ODST. :P

Posted Image

Holy--

gTAoKX.gif

#16 Black-Cat

Black-Cat

Bad Luck

• 922 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

I agree with the majority. Although it is kind of sad to see Master Chief's adventures be controlled by a company other than the beloved Bungie, it excites me to see that they realize that there's more to the video game industry than making a classic and cranking out sequels every year. Destiny will definitely be a hit, and I see a lot of room for creativity to take place in the open world co-op fragfest.

Beyond Redemption, my new part time job. Awesome job by Burngirl, by the way.

SaulLeesignature.png

VictorSig.png

#17 D-man

D-man

• 1,296 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Posted Image

Three announced playable races.

Posted Image

Subclasses?

Personally, I really like the space-fantasy direction that they're going with this. Having the exploration and loot hunting in a futuristic setting where magic and technology can co-exist sounds really cool to me. Ancient ruins filled with treasure and space stations really offer two-contrasts that work really well together.

Dracarys

#18 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Patron
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Dunno how I really feel about Awoken since they seem kind of far-fetched for a universe like this, but the Exo android-esque race looks pretty cool. I'll probably end up playing a Human Warlock, though, unless the different races have different stats.

And I agree, a fantasy sci-fi setting was really needed after Shadowrun bombed. I'm glad Destiny is doing what it's doing.

Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

#19 D-man

D-man

• 1,296 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

captain_2.png?cv=3983585469&av=397419179

Fallen Pirate Captain. A race of Spider-people who's souls expel their bodies screaming when you kill them. Wat.

Dracarys

#20 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Patron
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

I just love the new lore they've come up with. Leave it to Bungie to make unique character designs. (Four arms? Unheard of!)

Open this spoiler. ;)

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Destiny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users