NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Next Errant Campaign (part II)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Next Errant Campaign, Part II

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which Errant campaign would you like most? Be sure to read the post for details on each

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What race are you planning to play as?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,033 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

This is the second part of that first poll. Like I mentioned in the first one, I have some campaign ideas now based on the responses, so here are your choices. I'm allowing for multiple choices in both categories so that I have some choices, as well; I'm still conceptualizing these to various degrees, so we'll see how it all goes. :P

Here are the details. Note that some of these might sound vaguer than others just because I'm bad at conveying these ideas right now, but they aren't necessarily less planned unless I explicitly say so. :P If anyone cares, I'm also listing the returning NPC companions who would be involved with each particular campaign. That doesn't mean, of course, that there isn't the potential for more NPC companions in the campaign itself.

D&D-style adventure

I admit, as of right now, I'm still deciding how exactly to get this one started. Essentially, it would be a call to adventure. Players are conveniently in some generic location at the same time, such as an inn, and everyone hears of this adventure and decides to answer the call. Would almost certainly involve a hunt for an ancient artifact.

This campaign would allow for all the standard races (men, elves, dwarves), plus the "disguised" monsters that can hide in human society (including werewolves, demon-kin, etc).

Returning NPCs: Caiden Voros

The campaign based around Kye (working title: The Mouth of Hell)

Kye is plagued by the demons of his past - literally... or so he thinks. He comes to his friends with the idea that he's being hunted by agents of the Underworld, who want to take him back to where he belongs. This would lead players on a quest involving lots of high fantasy elements - magic, demons, and possibly even a trip to Nidavellir... or someplace worse. This campaign would center heavily around Kye, similar to how Chasing Shadows centered around Caiden.

The only issue for this campaign is how to get new players into the group. I have a few ideas, but I'm not terribly fond of them. I'm open to suggestions.

This campaign would allow for all the standard races (men, elves, dwarves), plus the "disguised" monsters that can hide in human society (including werewolves, demon-kin, etc).

Returning NPCs: Caiden Voros, Kye Vakurseth

Mystery RP - Inquisitors

I'm still deciding a location, but this campaign would take place in a contained urban environment, instead of offering the adventuring aspect of the previous two campaigns. Based largely off Sareth's suggestions, this campaign would involve the Inquisitors answering reports of a mage, only to get caught up in politics when it turns out that the mage is actually the city's prince. What's more, however, it seems they aren't the only ones answering this call, as members of the Hidden and the Schola Arcana are also lurking in the city, attempting to win the young mage over to their respective sides - and save him from the Inquisition. Twists and turns culminate in the Inquisition and the Schola Arcana working together to find the truth... but who will end up with the mage prince?

This campaign would allow only for humans, plus the "disguised" monsters that can hide in human society (including werewolves, demon-kin, etc), as long as they were also human. I may also, however, allow for people to play as Gifted and/or Demonic magic users, depending on if I allow for players to play as other factions, namely The Hidden or Schola Arcana (note that I'm not saying that's a definite in this campaign, but a possibility).

Returning NPCs: Ben Blackburn

Mystery RP - Venatori

Veteran Venator Caiden Voros returns to the Venatori for the first time in months, only to find something is different... Venatori are disappearing. Six Venatori are now unaccounted for, not returning from hunts, but their contracts were fulfilled. Some suspect monsters, others suspect assassins or some other form of conspiracy. A shroud lays over Castle Greywatch, and even the Venatori are starting to mistrust each other - and Caiden, having been missing for so long, is far from exempt as a suspect. The Empire has not sent aid, as the Venatori are meant to take care of issues exactly like this one - and, after all, are they not a bit outdated? If the Order fails to address its own problems and get to the bottom of what is happening to their brethren, the Venatori Order could collapse - and be lost forever.

This campaign would allow for all the standard races (men, elves, dwarves). However, playing as any kind of "disguised" monster would, essentially, be suicide, as you're surrounded by professional monster hunters. Doesn't mean you can't try it, but you're likely to get killed.

Returning NPCs: Caiden Voros

Werewolf pack campaign

I'm leaving this as an option because I've actually come up with a lot of ideas for it in the brief time since I said I only had a few and made this poll. :P Honestly, one of my biggest issues with this campaign is that I'm unsure if I'll particularly care for the way I portray werewolves in the campaign itself. I like to keep werewolves in Wulfgard as shrouded in mystery as possible. That being said, I do have ideas for a campaign, which is that all the players are members of a werewolf pack (the same werewolf pack; none of the players are in rival faction(s) to start with) living in Northrim. Unfortunately, it seems someone or something is encroaching on your territory... and even drawing the attention of some monster hunters. You and your pack must find this rival - within or without - and face them, avoid monster hunters along the way, and find a way to return to your previously peaceful life.

This campaign would, obviously, only allow for werewolf player characters.

Returning NPCs: I'm not going to specify, as it would be a surprise, but I will say that at least one very important NPC we've previously met would return for this campaign

Combine the Kye campaign and the D&D campaign

This would certainly be the most logical way to address the issue of how to start the D&D-style campaign, as Kye's campaign would be quite the adventure, anyway. However, that still doesn't fix the issue of how to get new characters - who don't know Kye - involved.

This would, of course, have the same minimum level of restrictions as the other two campaigns (any standard race and "disguised" monster race).

The second question is just to get a feel of how many people already have characters planned of each race. I already know at least Sephsekla really wants to play a werewolf, and Burgs also already has one and so does Sareth. I'm just using this to gauge how many other things people are interested in playing as, and which campaigns would fit these choices best.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,301 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:44 PM

Well, I figured I'd dump my vote in all three of the campaigns that I originally was leaning towards, albeit I voted for the Inquisition mystery over the Ventor mystery. Partly I voted for the Inquisition one because it arguably allows more freedom of characters (at least, in terms of race if nothing else XP ), though I also like me some magics over monsters.

And I'll probably make even more weird characters to fit into things if my current requests don't work 'cause that's how I dooooo~

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#3 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Patron
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

I... basically ended up voting for everything.  :lol:

...Except the Venatori one —mostly because I couldn't quite tell from the description whether or not everyone would have to be playing Venators (since I currently have zero ideas for a Venator char.).

I also voted for every race but "dwarf" and "other."  :P  'Cause, in addition to the three human chars. that I've used previously, I've got a whole bunch of potential chars. waiting in the wings —some complete, some semi-complete (mostly missing bios). So I'm covered for most anything (except, again, Venatori).  :D

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#4 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:35 AM

To be honest all of these sound brilliant.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#5 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

But where's my helmet at, though

• Nova Patron
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:27 AM

I voted for the Kye Campaign, and the Venator and Inquisition campaigns, as those ones interest me the most.

I pretty much voted for human because I'm have more human characters that I would like the bring back for those campaigns than I do inhuman ones.

#6 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,033 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

Hm, interesting results. Thanks for the responses, you guys.

It looks like Kye's campaign is pretty much the only one that's definitely out at this point. So, we need to tie-break these choices:

• D&D-style adventure
  • Mystery RP - Inquisitors
  • Mystery RP - Venatori
  • Werewolf pack campaign

So far all I know is that Sareth has no Venatori characters (although Venatori are awesome and I'm sure he could come up with one :P), so I'm leaning toward one of the three other options. Anyone else got some more thoughts?

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#7 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,301 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

Well, D&D style adventuring is the most open to new people, and since this is practically an Errant reboot I don't think that'd be a bad thing to start with. It's not like we can't ever do the other campaigns later on. ^^

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#8 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Patron
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

Hm, interesting results. Thanks for the responses, you guys.

It looks like Kye's campaign is pretty much the only one that's definitely out at this point. So, we need to tie-break these choices:

• D&D-style adventure
  • Mystery RP - Inquisitors
  • Mystery RP - Venatori
  • Werewolf pack campaign

So far all I know is that Sareth has no Venatori characters (although Venatori are awesome and I'm sure he could come up with one :P), so I'm leaning toward one of the three other options. Anyone else got some more thoughts?

I mean... I could, but that takes effort and stuff.  :P

Anyway, while I get Burg's point, I'm more feeling campaign-y ATM. I guess I'd rate the contenders something like:

1. Inquisitor / Werewolf

2. D&D

3. Venatori (unless I manage to come up with a Venator char. I feel good about—at present I have sort of a vague concept for one, but I'm not really feeling it.)

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#9 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,033 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Anyone else lurking around, please feel free to post your thoughts.

I'm pretty much just posting here to also say that I'll get back to everyone in the threads in the Character Creation board really soon (within the next few days).

I'll also see if I can't cook up more specific descriptions for the campaigns we've narrowed it down to, or else just start figuring out which one I would enjoy the most. :P I'm holding out for now for more opinions on the narrowed-down options. I might even try to illustrate player characters, important NPCs, and important moments in whatever the next campaign ends up being, as I'm trying my best to work on improving my artwork, and Errant would give me some specific things to draw. But we'll see how that goes (I'm still not confident in my art).

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#10 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,033 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:50 PM

Guess we're doing the D&D campaign this time around; might draw in some people who are more interested in playing a variety of characters, and technically it's now won the poll. I'll plan to do either Inquisitors or werewolves next, depending on how this one goes.

I have a lot of character sheets to reply to now, it seems. I'm certainly not complaining. :P I would've already replied to several by now, buuuut it looks like now I've caught some kind of illness and I'm getting sicker pretty much by the hour. I'll try to get some posts up anyway, but expect further delays, especially if this thing starts hitting me as hard as I think it might.

In the meantime, I'm also going to start coming up with ideas for this campaign. Just to get everyone started, though pick 1-2 characters you really like to play as, new or old. We're going to be kicking things off with everyone getting a mutual reason to go on this adventure, but you can essentially play as who/whatever you want (short of a monster that cannot disguise itself among men), faction or no faction.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users