New Website Design, and New Products!

Posted by Saber-Scorpion, 25 February 2017 · 763 views

SSL Update Shop Stickers Custom Minifigs LEGO Assassins Creed
Finally, the new website design (that matches the overhauled forums) is live! I've been working on this for almost six months. You can check it out simply by heading to our home page at http://saber-scorpion.com !

Please note that it's still under some construction! There may be a few odd quirks and errors, and if you find any of these, then please report them in the comments section below, or email me at sales@saber-scorpion.com with details.

The princes of many items have changed (and will continue to change for a while) - mostly, they've gotten cheaper! Several new items have been added to the shop as well, and Most of these can be found right at the top of the home page in the "Featured Items" section. They include the new Assassin Liberator minifig:
Posted Image

Again, the new website is not 100% finished, so if you find any bugs, please report them! We will keep working and making changes here and there until it's perfect.

Thanks for your help and support! Let us know if you have trouble finding anything! :)

Huh. I didn't even know you were working on a redesign. I remember back when the last redesign was implemented, and how much backlash you got. But people got used to the new one. Now I have to get used to this one. Blasted fear of change!

Wait, the list of boards were rearranged? That's a bit jarring, though only with the Cantina Nova being at the bottom (because I use it often). Also, did you get rid of the Writing board and/or merge it with the Artwork one? I seem to remember that they were combined a long time ago, but then you split them up, right? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep them apart? They are very different mediums after all but can overlap  :)

Yeah, the main reason for the change is that the shopping cart system I was using was getting really dated, as was the site design itself. I wanted one that adapted better to cell phones, since these days I get half my orders via mobile.

The writing and artwork boards have been merged once again, yes. Neither is very active so it seems simpler to just merge them.

Didn't realize you got that much mobile traffic!  You're right, this seems to work much, much better on that front.  

The writing and artwork boards have been merged once again, yes. Neither is very active so it seems simpler to just merge them.

That merge is a bit too confusing to me, since I was using the writing resources post. I guess I just gotta get used to it being there now. But it's also kind of confusing when you want to see what kind of art is in the different threads and you have to check each of them to know for sure if it's visual art or writing. You can see how that'd be a problem, right?

That merge is a bit too confusing to me, since I was using the writing resources post. I guess I just gotta get used to it being there now. But it's also kind of confusing when you want to see what kind of art is in the different threads and you have to check each of them to know for sure if it's visual art or writing. You can see how that'd be a problem, right?

It looks like the writing resources post is still there...

Anyway, perhaps I will encourage people to start tagging posts with Art or Writing... But I don't want to make two separate boards again. Not with so little activity. Maybe if we suddenly get a lot of new members posting stuff, but I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Subscribe to Updates

Click Here to Subscribe to my News Feed via e-mail!

Or follow me on any of these websites:

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

September 2017

S M T W T F S
1718192021 22 23

Search My Blog

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users