Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,904 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:49 PM

POPULAR

fantasy_action.jpg
RESULTS!

Our judges for the Fantasy ACTION Contest are:

Myself, Capulet, and Hurricane also provided some commentary to go with our ratings. Entries were mostly judged for the presentation and intensity of their ACTION, as well as general all-around quality and originality.

I have decided to award a First Place (Gold) and Second Place (Silver) medal for each category (LEGO, art, and writing). The LEGO category (since it has the most entries) also has a Third Place (Bronze) medal. The others do not. I will PM the first place winners about their prizes, and give the medal icons to the rest of the winners some time soon.

Without further ado, the results! The numbers by each entry's name are the average ratings. Judge comments can be found in the spoiler boxes.

LEGO:

pFEHb3f.jpg

FIRST PLACE: Battle of Terenthál Bridge (LEGO) by Thrawnie = 9.75

Spoiler

nBUJkQm.jpg

SECOND PLACE: Blood Pit (LEGO) by Nightstalker = 9.25

Spoiler

Khf7Yu6.jpg

THIRD PLACE: The Desert Snake (LEGO) by Darkwoods = 8.5

Spoiler

The Siege of Torenthil Mythras (LEGO) by Nightstalker = 8.5

Spoiler

The Chase (LEGO) by Isundir = 8

Spoiler

The Bandits vs. the King's Men (LEGO) by Darkwoods = 7

Spoiler

Untitled (LEGO) by Princess Floweraven = 7.75

Spoiler

"It's a Treasure!" (LEGO) by Isundir = 7.5

Spoiler

The Battle of the Shining Rocks (LEGO) by Stone Killer = 5.75

Spoiler

Out of the Breach (LEGO) by Dalton Westmoore = 5.25

Spoiler

Over Hill and Under Hill (LEGO) by Bilbo_Baggins = 5.25

Spoiler

ARTWORK:

uKibx8m.jpg

FIRST PLACE: Dagoth Ules meets his end (art) by Dagoth = 8.75

Spoiler

SMtXbSZ.jpg

SECOND PLACE: Untitled (art) by Ouflah = 7.25

Spoiler

Untitled (art) by DragonJedi = 6.75

Spoiler

WRITING:

Leaning aside from the first bandit's strike with seemingly contemptuous ease, The Timberwolf's blade flicked out to guide the bandit's weapon into the path of the second bandit's slash, entangling the two weapons and leaving both men off-balance for a moment. Twisting aside from a thrust by the third bandit, The Timberwolf shifted its grip, moving its second hand from the hilt to halfway down the estoc's blunt-edged blade —holding the sword as if it were a quarterstaff. Fluidly continuing the spin, The Timberwolf brought the tip of its sword up to parry an overhead chop by the forth bandit, with a twist redirecting the bandit's blade through a loop that put it off to one side. Quickly stepping inside the fourth bandit's guard, The Timberwolf levered the other end of its weapon around to smash the sword's solid steel pommel into the bandit's face —the man reeling back from the blow, clutching at his broken teeth.

FIRST PLACE: Lone Wolf (writing) by Sareth = 8.75

Spoiler
The bandit rider tore straight through the other side of the tent, ripped linen covers now providing them with an excellent view of the chaos in the camp. A dozen mounted raiders had torn in from the silence of the night, smashing their way through the temporary housing the caravan had established as they made a scramble for any valuables they could find. The caravan’s guards, though caught by surprise, were already in their own rush to take up spears and bring down the attackers.

SECOND PLACE: Of A Certain Half-Blood, Part 2 (writing) by Akira/Exan/Siegfried/Grant/Fluttershep = 8.25

Spoiler

The Black Tavern (writing) by TehCoolDawg = 7.25

Spoiler

The Battle of Blackstone Citadel (writing) by SgtOceanus = 5.25

Spoiler

The Price of Victory (writing) by Dalton Westmoore = 4

Spoiler

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#2 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

POPULAR

CGY7O3s.gif

I'd like to thank Amarok for not entering and edging me out this time.

:P

2004-2018

#3 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:57 PM

Geez looks like I still need to up my game. I will get you next time Thrawnie. Please believe that!
Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

• Nova Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:14 PM

over.png

I admit I should of put more effort into that, but oh well there's always next time. Congrats to the winners!

#5 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

POPULAR

I will get you next time Thrawnie. Please believe that!

c2p1KKK.gif

2004-2018

#6 Isundir

Isundir

Rookie

• 337 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:02 AM

Hmm yes, the Plague Doctors can't be posed sadly a limitation of the custom outfit, aside from looking back which I could have done but didn't think off.

The intended story was that roaming charlatan/quack salver doctors gave sort of wonder medicine to townsfolk and a side effect turned them all (partially) in to animals.

I agree that the Mimic scene was a bit empty, I don't have enough smooth tiles to fill out the studs with though and I should probably have made a smaller setting.

Right or wrong, which side are you on, does it even matter if it's on the same coin?

#7 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:12 AM

Congrats to all the Winners!

#8 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:40 AM

Okay so, first of all, thank you so much and great job to everyone who participated. Yeah, this piece was a bit janky for me. It was my first attempt at coloring something in years, but I'm learning the ropes of it. Also, my sketchbook app doesn't let me color in the image (ugh!). No, I have to make a layer above or below the picture, decrease its opacity, and then do the painting. This all results in a loss of depth of color or detail that's really annoying. I just need to get a better program I guess :P

Spoiler

Anyway, hope ya'll understand a bit more what's going on now. But besides, having no explanation lets the piece stand on it's own, I guess.

Lol, or Dagoth was just on vacation and too lazy to write anything :P.

EDIT: also, Cap and Scorp, thank you so much for picking up on the dead and living worshippers. I was worried nobody would get that.

Thanks again for allowing me to enter,

Dagoth

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#9 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,444 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:35 AM

Congratulations to the winners, and thank you to all the participants!  Analyzing all these works was an honor, a privilege, and just plain fun.  

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#10 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,904 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for the extra details, Isundir and Dagoth!

I thought yours might be something from TES, Dagoth... because of the name, and what looked like possible Dwemer ruins and glass armor. But it's been so many years since I played Morrowind, I'd forgotten all about those Ascended Sleeper things - I thought it might be one of the "Seekers" from the Dragonborn expansion to Skyrim. The hero's helmet was the main thing throwing me off. :lol: Morrowind had some straaange designs.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#11 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

SECOND PLACE:

tumblr_mfmhzkXCq41qjtv36o1_250.gif

Spoiler

Thanks to all the judges, this was fun!

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#12 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:16 PM

"Yeah I might get like fourth or something wait second place"

bruce_heyoooo.gif

Spoiler

Eight years on this forum and I finally managed to place well in a contest. So incredibly satisfying.  :soawesome:

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#13 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:32 PM

Congrats to all the winners, and thank you to everyone who participated. Loved seeing your work. :)

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#14 TehCoolDawg

TehCoolDawg

• 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for the feedback, I'm always happy to participate. Looking forward to winning entering the next one as well.  :)

5532c42c82396022d29ff7119b184722.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users