Here are some things that I'd like to see in the next movie:
1. No redemption arc for Kylo Ren. His character arc from whiny apprentice to bad@$$ Supreme Leader was one of the best things to come out of the Last Jedi. It's like one of those pretty frequent what-ifs from any Vader related thing where he thinks about killing Palpatine and becoming Emperor, only Kylo Ren has the guts to actually carry it through. I really hope they don't throw that away in Episode IX.
2. DO NOT BRING BACK PHASMA AGAIN. You didn't use her well in Episode VII, you barely used her at all in Episode VIII, so don't bring her back again in Episode IX. Gwendolyn Christie has done much better in other things, like Game of Thrones, so stop trying to bring her back for five seconds in each movie. She is there for no other reason than to be the new Boba Fett, but the only problem is that Boba Fett actually did stuff in the movies, while Phasma is there just to look cool. Boba Fett is not cool based only off of what he looks like, but what he does: its why the Phasma books and comics staring her are better than her on screen appearances.
3. This is a total pipe dream, and there is no chance of this happening, but I'd like to see Boba be in this film. I'd like to see kind of like a grizzled old man bounty hunter, which, yes, we've seen before in the old canon, but not really to a great extent. Maybe him and Lando can team up and do stuff together.
4. I love to see Force Ghost Luke show up, since he's the only original cast member who can feasibly come back for the last film. I would also like to see Snoke come back as well, not as a force ghost (since Sith aren't supposed to be able to do that) but as some sort of dark side spirit like Darth Bane from the Clone Wars. I would love to potentially see Snoke and his mother dying driving Kylo in a futher downward spiral into the dark side.
5. Please do something cool with the Knight of Ren before you kill them off. I like the fact that Rian Johnson didn't do anything with them, because supposedly he used the Praetorian Guard instead of them, so J.J. or whoever is making the next film better top that action scene if you're going to kill them off like that, or at least answer some questions we have about them before you do.
- Patriot 96 likes this