Photo

Harry Monster's Monstrous Sketchbook: In Glorious Technicolor!

• Please log in to reply
645 replies to this topic

#41 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

Not a single comment? Surprisng...

Anyhoot, nice sketchs, the ripped dude with the belt buckle is cool, but his left foot is kinda wonky... :P

I still love your eyes... Er... That you draw! Yeah, that'll work! :P

emily-blunt.gif

#42 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

Not a single comment? Surprisng...

Anyhoot, nice sketchs, the ripped dude with the belt buckle is cool, but his left foot is kinda wonky... :P

I know. :( Thank you for commenting, Rokky. :)

Thanks! And yeah, it was my first attempt trying to draw bare feet, didn't work out too well. :P

Posted Image

Anywho, since there was just one post, I'll show you just one drawing. :P

Posted Image

Geirmund and Draco! Off on an Adventure! Doing something! Enjoy! :P

Post more if ya wanna see more. :)

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#43 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:23 AM

Posted Image

Oh man, these are so great. I mean, you nailed Daemonique and Hawkin. Just nailed 'em. Love the expressions. Bob and Citoach look great too. Bomm looks more long-legged than I imagined him, but I know dwarf proportions can be tricky at first. Maybe you should look to World of Warcraft for inspiration on cartoony dwarves. I had a dwarf Death Knight named Bomm in WoW back when I played... maybe I can find a screenshot of him...

Anyway, great stuff as usual, Harry. :D

(sorry I'm late commenting :P)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#44 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Well that last one was definitely worth the wait. I love the way you draw Giermund, and Draco looks really awesome as well. I can't help but feel like Giermund is trying to ward off some sort of Mage seeking photographers equivalent to the paparazzi. :P

"Please, no photography! If the Empire sees this on Facebook, I'm dead - Literally!"

Well yeah... bad jokes aside, your sketches are looking really good! Draco's shoulder armor looks awesome, but I might be biased since I've always loved the asymmetrical shoulder guard style. The only thing that I don't really love about the sketch is the flames. I can't wait to see what you do with my request if you get around to it at some point. ;)

#45 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

Anywho, since there was just one post, I'll show you just one drawing. :P

What is this? I even started a new page! :P

Okay, this is a pretty great drawing, even if it is the only one we get to see!

Draco's shoulder armor looks awesome, but I might be biased since I've always loved the asymmetrical shoulder guard style.

I totally agree with TG, the shoulder armor is sick! I think this is my new favorite of your drawings!

The only thing that I don't really love about the sketch is the flames.

I have to agree here too, the flames seem really static while the rest of the drawing seems like it's in motion. It’d be an easy fix I think.

emily-blunt.gif

#46 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

Oh man, these are so great. I mean, you nailed Daemonique and Hawkin. Just nailed 'em. Love the expressions. Bob and Citoach look great too. Bomm looks more long-legged than I imagined him, but I know dwarf proportions can be tricky at first. Maybe you should look to World of Warcraft for inspiration on cartoony dwarves. I had a dwarf Death Knight named Bomm in WoW back when I played... maybe I can find a screenshot of him...

Anyway, great stuff as usual, Harry. :D

(sorry I'm late commenting :P)

Heh, thanks! :D And yeah, that was a bad sketch of Bomm, it wasn't going well and I kinda gave up on it. :P I mean look at the scribble of an ax. :P And I see, thanks! And a reference pic would be awesome, preferably standing next to a human for comparison. :)

Thank you! :D

Post more often and forgiveness will be given. Kidding. :P

Well that last one was definitely worth the wait. I love the way you draw Giermund, and Draco looks really awesome as well. I can't help but feel like Giermund is trying to ward off some sort of Mage seeking photographers equivalent to the paparazzi. :P

"Please, no photography! If the Empire sees this on Facebook, I'm dead - Literally!"

Well yeah... bad jokes aside, your sketches are looking really good! Draco's shoulder armor looks awesome, but I might be biased since I've always loved the asymmetrical shoulder guard style. The only thing that I don't really love about the sketch is the flames. I can't wait to see what you do with my request if you get around to it at some point. ;)

Hahahaha, I was thinking more like he's got his hand at the ready to use some magic, but I guess it's open to interpretation. :P

Hahahaha, quite. :lol:

Heh, thanks! And yeah, the flames could be better. And yeah, maybe, sorry, I tend to forget about requests. Posted Image

What is this? I even started a new page! :P

Okay, this is a pretty great drawing, even if it is the only one we get to see!

I totally agree with TG, the shoulder armor is sick! I think this is my new favorite of your drawings!

I have to agree here too, the flames seem really static while the rest of the drawing seems like it's in motion. It should be an easy fix I think.

Well now that there's three more posts, you'll all get three more drawings. :)

Thanks! :D

Awesome! And I'm still not done designing it yet! :)

Ah, yeah, I see what you mean. I'll have to go pyromaniac and practice drawing flames. :P

Now here's some new junk!

Posted Image

My head's gonna explode, I have another comic idea. This one's for a Parody Comic of The Walking Dead. THE TRIPPING DEAD!

This is just some practice zombie doodles, another character doodle at the very bottom (see if you can guess), but mostly it's sketches of the protagonist, Bicycle Cop Dick Grinds. Would you guys be interested if I actually made this comic?

Posted Image

Aand some more drawings from the comic I will eventually make whether you like it or not. :P Just some little sketches of two other major characters from The Hexagon: Miranda on the left and Joseph on the right.

Posted Image

Finally just a little drawing of the Amazon from the Wulfgard comic I'm workin' on.

That's all for now! Enjoy! :)

#47 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

My head's gonna explode, I have another comic idea. This one's for a Parody Comic of The Walking Dead. THE TRIPPING DEAD!

This is just some practice zombie doodles, another character doodle at the very bottom (see if you can guess), but mostly its sketches of the protagonist, Bicycle Cop Dick Grinds.

Would you guys be interested if I actually made this comic?

I'd more interested if he were a mounted police officer, you know, with a horse. *TRAMPLE ATTACK* Yeah, that would be pretty neat. :P

As for the drawings, top notch as always! Your posing is great, which adds so much realism to any drawing!

In the second drawing, that gal with the X-Treme-upper-cut is fantastic; her expression is so not amused... Keep it up!

Edited by Amarok, 21 July 2012 - 04:44 AM.

emily-blunt.gif

#48 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

Yay, Harry's back! Everything's looking great, I really do dig your drawing style, and it looks even better than last time (Didn't think it could get better, really.) :D

Also I'm still waiting for that picture of Althalos. Y'know, from that Darkwatchers roleplay you slunk off from and let die before disappearing yourself. :P

nY1rpGl.gif

#49 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Well you know the Tripping Dead is something I can't wait to see, though, Dick Grinds' shorts are making me cringe. He looks great, it's just the tight shorts... I know it's a comedy thing though, so it works. :P Still digging the paranormal drawings, and the Amazon woman looks great! Keep it coming Harry :D

#50 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

You know what I love? That Harry's always working and got somthing new very frequently. It's good to stop in and actually see art instead of "Hey more please!"

Be sure to message me when you get that comic up. I'm already intrigued.

giphy.gif

#51 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

I'd more interested if he were a mounted police officer, you know, with a horse. *TRAMPLE ATTACK* Yeah, that would be pretty neat. :P

As for the drawings, top notch as always! Your posing is great, which adds so much realism to any drawing!

In the second drawing, that gal with the X-Treme-upper-cut is fantastic; her expression is so not amused... Keep it up!

Hm, you haven't watched the Walking Dead, have you? :P In the actual show, Rick did have a horse, aaaand minor spoiler, it didn't end well. :[

Hahah, thank you! It's more magic swirling that punching though. :P

Yay, Harry's back! Everything's looking great, I really do dig your drawing style, and it looks even better than last time (Didn't think it could get better, really.) :D

Also I'm still waiting for that picture of Althalos. Y'know, from that Darkwatchers roleplay you slunk off from and let die before disappearing yourself. :P

Yay, thank you! :D

Oh my glob, you people are like elephants! :P

Well you know the Tripping Dead is something I can't wait to see, though, Dick Grinds' shorts are making me cringe. He looks great, it's just the tight shorts... I know it's a comedy thing though, so it works. :P Still digging the paranormal drawings, and the Amazon woman looks great! Keep it coming Harry :D

Well he's a bicycle cop, they're bicycle shorts! :P Thank you! :)

You know what I love? That Harry's always working and got somthing new very frequently. It's good to stop in and actually see art instead of "Hey more please!"

Be sure to message me when you get that comic up. I'm already intrigued.

Thanks, Arby! :D

I shall! Which comic though? I've got like five in the works. :P

#52 Surtur

Surtur

King of the Fire and Flames

• Nova Member
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

Awesome job here again! Totally love the art, especially Geirmund and Draco. Your drawing style is so unique that if someone gave me a random picture of your art and asked who drew it, I'm sure I could guess right :P Your Wulfgardian-Amazon woman is coming along great, too! Can't wait to see how you proportion it to a regular human(as I always saw Amazonians as bigger, buffer women hahah). Also, hearing talk of Darkwatcher stuff, I request to see Evelyn make some large, overly dangerous experiment with Jackie right in the middle of it :P

#53 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

Awesome job here again! Totally love the art, especially Geirmund and Draco. Your drawing style is so unique that if someone gave me a random picture of your art and asked who drew it, I'm sure I could guess right :P Your Wulfgardian-Amazon woman is coming along great, too! Can't wait to see how you proportion it to a regular human(as I always saw Amazonians as bigger, buffer women hahah). Also, hearing talk of Darkwatcher stuff, I request to see Evelyn make some large, overly dangerous experiment with Jackie right in the middle of it :P

Thank you, I'm flattered to hear you say that! ^_^

And about Evelyn, she's kinda evolved into the character Camila for The Hexagon, sooo I don't really intend on doing any Darkwatcher art featuring Evelyn. Sorry. :/

But anywho, I've got nothing better to do, so have another little drawing.

Posted Image

Peter again from The Hexagon. Using his powers n stuff. Oooohh, spooky. I'm sleep deprived and it's early morning. The morning is evil.

Also, would you guys prefer if I posted art every Friday, or if I just went with the method of the comic makers and posted new art with each new page?

#54 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

Nice drawing of Peter. I'm looking forward to seeing the comic you're working on. ;)

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#55 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

Also, would you guys prefer if I posted art every Friday, or if I just went with the method of the comic makers and posted new art with each new page?

What? No! Just because we're greedy attention hogs, doesn't mean you have to be. I like that you have a schedule. In fact I envy it, I don't know how you do it.

And "The Tripping Dead" is a hilarious concept, by the way. :D

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#56 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Nice drawing of Peter. I'm looking forward to seeing the comic you're working on. ;)

What? No! Just because we're greedy attention hogs, doesn't mean you have to be. I like that you have a schedule. In fact I envy it, I don't know how you do it.

And "The Tripping Dead" is a hilarious concept, by the way. :D

Hahah, alright then. And to be fair, it's a little easier to slap together some drawings than to put together a comic. :P

Thanks! Glad you think so! :D

And for this Friday Update, some more Hexagon art! I just drew this this morning, and I call it "Am I Missing an Eyebrow?"

Posted Image

"It was supposed to be a blue explosion."

#57 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

Looks great, as always, Harry! Sorry I don't comment much. You already largely know what I think, since we talk so often... :P

I like this one a lot, though, because it's a more finished picture than some of the sketches you post. Nothing against the sketches, they're all good, but this drawing being more completed makes it all the better. The expressions and poses are great! Keep up the good work. :D

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#58 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

Looks great, as always, Harry! Sorry I don't comment much. You already largely know what I think, since we talk so often... :P

I like this one a lot, though, because it's a more finished picture than some of the sketches you post. Nothing against the sketches, they're all good, but this drawing being more completed makes it all the better. The expressions and poses are great! Keep up the good work. :D

Heh, true, but thank you! :)

Thanks! And yeah, I'm trying to practice doing some more complete stuff and drawing characters next to each other to work out relative proportions and the like. That's my next big challenge, figuring out how to draw people standing next to each other. It's more difficult than it seems. :P

#59 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

Whoa, why haven't I seen this topic before? :huh:

You're drawings are awesome, and I am intrigued especially by the Hexagon idea. I hope you get that going, cause I would totally read it. Ghost stuff is always fun.

Good job, dude, and I'll keep checking this out!

#60 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Whoa, why haven't I seen this topic before? :huh:

You're drawings are awesome, and I am intrigued especially by the Hexagon idea. I hope you get that going, cause I would totally read it. Ghost stuff is always fun.

Good job, dude, and I'll keep checking this out!

I dunno, I guess my signature isn't big or obnoxious enough. :P

Thanks so much! And yes, I plan too, it'll just take some time. And Ghosts are just a part of it. ;)

Thanks! Glad to have another viewer! :D

And for your viewing pleasure, ladies and gents, a small little colored drawing. I've had a busy week so I haven't been able to do too much, but with some extra posts I could possibly get up an extra sketch or two. :)

Posted Image

I humbly present to you, some dorky looking schmuck! AKA me. :P I desperately needed a new ID for my DeviantArt page, so I quick colored this tiny sketch, with sorta sub-par results. :P The lines came out really pixelated because the original drawing is only about an inch tall. :P I also struggled trying to figure out how to convey my hair, since it's very thick and curly and poofy and not easy to draw, and even harder to figure out how to color. :P I need to get better with GIMP...

Aaand that was probably more info than you even cared about, so sorry for wasting your time if you read that! :P

EDIT: Oh hey, look at that, it looks a lot better as my Avatar and on my profile page, so take a gander at that for a slightly better image. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users