Photo

Harry Monster's Monstrous Sketchbook: In Glorious Technicolor!

• Please log in to reply
645 replies to this topic

#21 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

POPULAR

I can't sleep soundly unless I know the sun has actually risen. That and the cats keep me up.

Amen to that. Except I have Guinea Pigs. :P

I've noticed that most of the Novas come alive near midnight.

Anyhoot, nice drawing of Charlotte! A good reminder for me to finish my version. :P Her hands are top notch, as is her facial features, keep up the great work!

Not Midnight, almost 5 AM. :P

Thanks! :D

Ooh, it's Charlotte! That's pretty good, I gotta say. Oh, and that picture of the couple embracing in that teardrop is totally adorable. Good stuff, as usual. :D

Thanks, Blue! :D

Yahoo! OMG! I lovelovelovelolovelovelove it! Thank you so much, Harry!

My pleasure! :D Glad you like it! :) So let's kick it up another notch!

Posted Image

Bam!

EDIT: Aaand since no one has posted, I'll just turn this into a full on update. Appropriate for the start of the second page.

So, bit of an announcement for y'all. Henceforth, I will Regularly update this topic Every Friday with new arts! My goal is to meet each update without fail, best case scenario you'll get colored illustrations and worst case scenario an acceptable doodle. :P But there will be something here for you guys to look at every Friday!

So with out Further ado, the First Official Friday Update! This one has a fantasy theme!

This one's for the Lord of the Rings fans (i.e. everybody) and the environmentalists.
Spoiler

Lately, I've been toying with the idea of redoing Saber-Scorpion's much beloved comic So You Wanna Be an Adventurer? Partly just for the fun of it, partly for practicing drawing and coloring a comic, and partly in the hopes of maybe getting permission to continue it. Because come on, it left off at a cliffhanger! :P

No idea what I'm talking about? http://www.saber-sco...baa_archive.php Read and enjoy!

So entertaining this idea, I did a few rounds of concept sketches! Try and spot the characters, which should be easy if I did my job right. :P

Spoiler

Disregard the girl in the skirt with the poofy hair in the upper left corner, she's from a comic of my own that I'm developing. She kinda popped in there. :P

Spoiler

And with this last one I was just figuring out how to proportion the short folk in relation to normal sized people.
Spoiler

"We ain't short! Yer all just too bloody tall!"

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#22 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

If you did a bit of SYWBAA, I'd die. You would do a really good job and I miss those comics so badly! I remember freaking out with excitement every time Scorp posted up a new one! Down with lord Morvo the Black! :P

But I really like Hawkin, Daemonique, Bomm and Citoach! Gah! Color them :P

#23 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

If you did a bit of SYWBAA, I'd die. You would do a really good job and I miss those comics so badly! I remember freaking out with excitement every time Scorp posted up a new one! Down with lord Morvo the Black! :P

But I really like Hawkin, Daemonique, Bomm and Citoach! Gah! Color them :P

Thanks! :D

Thanks! Haha, sure, I'll see what I can do. :) Personally, my favorites are how Bob, Daemonique, and Citoach turned out. His pointy goblin nose and ears are just fun to draw. :P

#24 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

I love the colored in with Charlotte. I'll see if I can make myself a quick avatar with her.

Yes yes! Do eeeeet! The SYWTBAA idea of yours is fantastic! I love how everyone came out! I only remember maybe half of the comics, but they were so good! I hope you get the permission to do it!

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#25 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

I love the colored in with Charlotte. I'll see if I can make myself a quick avatar with her.

Yes yes! Do eeeeet! The SYWTBAA idea of yours is fantastic! I love how everyone came out! I only remember maybe half of the comics, but they were so good! I hope you get the permission to do it!

Cool, I'd be honored if you did! :D

Hahaha, thanks! I hope so too. :)

Aaand since no one else seems to be posting, just another little drawing. Come on guys, you can talk to me, I may be Harry but I'm not that Scary. :P

Posted Image

A little cast line up from the Wulfgard Comic I'm working on. From left to right: Geirmund the Northerner Mage; The Monster Draconis Argenti (Silver Dragon.) His friends call him Draco; Alys the Waif Werewolf, and Euryleia the Amazonian Warrior.

#26 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

I think the Amazonian warrior's left leg is a little... large? But everything else looks pretty sweet! When's this comic coming out?

#27 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

I think the Amazonian warrior's left leg is a little... large? But everything else looks pretty sweet! When's this comic coming out?

Oh yeah, look at that. I never even noticed that until you just pointed it out. :P Mind you, those are actually little drawings I did on the side of my Chemistry Notes during school. :P

Spoiler

That space on the left was totally useless, I doodled so much. :P Pretty much the only thing I really got out of my Chem class was some good doodles.

And I dunno. If I get my act together and get better with GIMP, possibly this summer. But that's unlikely, and I'd like to do a few test comics first.

#28 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

Wow this stuff is really inspiring me to work on my drawing, I need to find some Manga-drawing books but they are soooo expensive. The best one I have seen is somewhere around $60 but comes with paper and drawing utensils and everything. I'm also saving for MoA so it'll have to wait.

#29 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Come on guys, you can talk to me, I may be Harry but I'm not that Scary. :P

SO HERE I AM TALKING, MR. HARRY MAN.

Very nice artwork you got there! It really looks three dimensional, rather than just a flat drawing. I'm going to keep my eye on this, even though I probably won't post a lot.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#30 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

And I dunno. If I get my act together and get better with GIMP, possibly this summer. But that's unlikely, and I'd like to do a few test comics first.

Actually, if you need some stuff done in GIMP I've got a few years of tinkering experience (Arby calls me the Queen of it), so I might be able to help out. Just depends on what sorta stuff you need to do with it.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#31 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

I'm not going to comment and tell you how awesome these are, that way I won't feel bad that I haven't gotten back to you regarding those pictures... Oh, wait... Nevermind.

emily-blunt.gif

#32 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

POPULAR

Wow this stuff is really inspiring me to work on my drawing, I need to find some Manga-drawing books but they are soooo expensive. The best one I have seen is somewhere around $60 but comes with paper and drawing utensils and everything. I'm also saving for MoA so it'll have to wait.

That's wonderful! I'm glad you find my work inspiring. :D If you want, I could recommend a bunch of sources I've used to help me learn to draw better, and they're all completely free and on the internet.

SO HERE I AM TALKING, MR. HARRY MAN.

Very nice artwork you got there! It really looks three dimensional, rather than just a flat drawing. I'm going to keep my eye on this, even though I probably won't post a lot.

SO HERE YOU ARE, SIR OUFLAH MAN.

Thank you! Great to have a new viewer, although posts are nice. :P

Actually, if you need some stuff done in GIMP I've got a few years of tinkering experience (Arby calls me the Queen of it), so I might be able to help out. Just depends on what sorta stuff you need to do with it.

Thanks, that would be very helpful! I think I just need to put some more time into figuring out GIMP, but I'll let you know if I have any questions. :)

...But what's the catch? You're probably gonna demand to eat my leg as payment or something...

I'm not going to comment and tell you how awesome these are, that way I won't feel bad that I haven't gotten back to you regarding those pictures... Oh, wait... Nevermind.

I win. :3 But thank you! :D

And since I would feel bad about making a post without any drawings...

Posted Image

Just a VERY rough sketch I very quickly and spontaneously drew without any reference. It's Sir Thomas Drake of Wulfgard. =D

Proper Update Coming Friday!

#33 Surtur

Surtur

King of the Fire and Flames

• Nova Member
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

Lovin' the art, man. Especially that new Tom Drake sketch. Mighty fine work, dude ^_^

#34 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

...But what's the catch? You're probably gonna demand to eat my leg as payment or something...

Nah, I mainly chomp on Ryoma's legs now. You just have to offer your firstborn child and pretend to do a colored drawing request that gets put to the bottom of the stack and is never finished, at which point I will resume staring at you intently.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#35 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Lovin' the art, man. Especially that new Tom Drake sketch. Mighty fine work, dude ^_^

Thanks man! :D

Nah, I mainly chomp on Ryoma's legs now. You just have to offer your firstborn child and pretend to do a colored drawing request that gets put to the bottom of the stack and is never finished, at which point I will resume staring at you intently.

Hm. I'll need to get my Lawyer to look over this contract first. Grom! Mr. Outback Lawyer! I need you!

Anywho, it's Friday! Time to reference a Rebecca Black song! Or I could avoid being killed by not doing that and just posting new arts.

I think I'll do the latter.

"Ghosts in the Closet"
Posted Image

I actually inked and colored this one by hand. Sharpies and prismacolor colored pencils, woo!

Also, meet Peter, one of the main characters from an original comic I'm developing called The Hexagon, a comic about Magic, Monsters, and the Paranormal.

Posted Image

Just a little Conceptual Doodle of Peter.

Posted Image

And finally, meet Jenna! The Protagonist of The Hexagon! A geeky bookworm that finds herself introduced into a whole new world of the supernatural and the magical.

#36 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Man, I like the look of this webcomic. When does it start? Soon, I hope. Because it looks like it would be awesome. :D

And Jenna's a smart girl. Not letting silly things like "reality" get in the way of true love. :P

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#37 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

And Jenna's a smart girl. Not letting silly things like "reality" get in the way of true love. :P

Harry's been taking lessons from me. ;) :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#38 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

Man, I like the look of this webcomic. When does it start? Soon, I hope. Because it looks like it would be awesome. :D

Thanks! That really means a lot. :D And I hate to say, but this is still very firmly in pre-production, I'm still mastering consistently drawing the characters the same. :P Let alone a lot of story elements and world building I need to do. But what the heck, if I really get moving and grooving, maybe in a year or two? But I do have a bunch of other things, including other comics, planned that'll be coming out much sooner. ;)

Never! :D

Harry's been taking lessons from me. ;) :P

For better or for worse. :P

Oh, also, just feel like I should mention this:

Posted Image

The girl with the poofy hair in these SYWBAA sketches is Camila, one of the other main characters of The Hexagon. :) That one of her immediately left of Bob is one of my favorite drawings I've done of her.

#39 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Looks great, Harry. The Drake reference made me laugh x) Nice work, and I'm excited for your comic!

#40 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

Looks great, Harry. The Drake reference made me laugh x) Nice work, and I'm excited for your comic!

Thanks Tom. :D

Well folks, another Friday has arrived. :) You all know what that means! Free Sea Monkeys for everyone! Hide your shiny objects and children!

Or look at this stuff. It's seriously super stuff-tacular!

Posted Image

Alchemical Fun with Camila ofThe Hexagon! And always remember, Safety Third!

I both like and dislike this one. The posing was a stretch out of my comfort zone, and I'm pleased with how that came out. But I don't like how some of the colors turned out. I had more technical difficulties with this piece than any other one I've made so far, but I think it came out alright despite all the crap the editing program threw at me. :P

And now for something sorta but not completely different.

Posted Image

Just a doodle of a Venator and Alys.

And finally:

Posted Image

Concept art for an entirely different comic. :P

That's all for now! But if we get this to the next page before next Friday, I'll show you guys something special, of an actual real comic page nature, not just concept art. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users