• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

I'm working on bringing the wiki up to speed - Click here to check it out and help add content!

I just finished giving it a rudimentary skin. I eventually hope to move all of the major content from the official website there. Any help doing so would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

You can also upload your own self-made Nova Refuge info, as long as you put {{fanon}} at the top of the page and add it to the Fanon category. :)

Thanks to Luka for making the wiki, and adding me as an admin! I tried to upload my own wiki system to the official Nova Refuge site, but it didn't work out very well, so I'll just use Wikia instead, as I am doing with Wulfgard.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#2 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

I am prepared to hand out forum medals (Posted Image) for those who help contribute official info to the wiki (either copy-pasted data from the official Nova Refuge site or generated yourself using other sources, such as the Warrior Born novel).

So be sure to create a Wikia account under your forum username, if you decide to pitch in! ;)

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#3 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,111 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

I would have one tip for fixing, as I cant do it myself. On Saber-Scorpion's page (the character :)) there is too much space between, and his helmet would be at the section with his armor. Same applies to Magnum-Coyote and Shadow-Cat. And viewing the source code... errrm.

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#4 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

Ah, sorry, Luka locked all of the pages down back when I said I was creating my own wiki, and I forgot to re-open them. They are now unlocked, I think. Let me know if you still have trouble editing them.

And yes, the code on the old pages needs some cleaning up. So far I've only fixed Xarkon and Grimm's Army.

-Scorp

#5 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,111 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

For the Infobox, there is a thing which I encountered on Rise wiki as well. The Infobox may show only 10 informations, but as is case with Electric-Eel, he has 11 and the eleventh dont shows up because of that. And technically he would have 12., "Date of Death".

And Magnum-Coyote and Blade-Mantis are still locked, and they need the fixing a lot.

EDIT: And, why is there so many categories referring to Xarkon military? :) Overall the categories seems to me too complicated. If you want, I would try to simplify it, but I would need to know what each category represents.

Edited by V.Metalic, 28 October 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#6 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

Thanks for pitching in, V.!

I unlocked the pages you mentioned.

As for why there are so many categories, you would have to ask Luka. Most of what is there was made by him. You're right though; the wiki would probably be easier to navigate without so many categories. I will try to consolidate them once I find time. :)

-Scorp

#7 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,111 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

I have some ideas for it, to make it more easier to navigate through it, and maybe give it some order at least :)

One quick question. For the categories, would you prefer "Xarkon Soldiers/Officers/Super-Soldiers", or "Xarkonian Soldiers/Officers/Super-Soldiers"?

Edited by V.Metalic, 29 October 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#8 JoeloftheAlliance

JoeloftheAlliance

Commander of the 117th Planetfall division

• Nova Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

How about just 'Xarkonian Armed Forces'? I've already done a crap-ton of work - I'll clean up some of the categories today.

For the record, let's just assume that I've done an archive crawl for every webcomic I've ever read. Yes, I read fast.

#9 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been checking the wiki lately, but I decided to keep my promise and award special medals to the forum profiles of people who have contributed a lot to the wiki.

The icon looks like this: Posted Image

It has been awarded to the following members:
  • Joelofthealliance
  • V. Metalic
  • Luka1184
Thanks again for the help, guys! Saves me a bunch of work. I appreciate it. :)

-Scorp

#10 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,111 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Ohh, I didnt expected that :) Thank you :)

#11 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,111 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Can you give me an admin status on the wiki? There are some categories that needs to be deleted, as they are redundant. To clean it up :)

#12 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hey, Scorp. I edited in Luke's preferred weapons list. Also, is there something wrong with the official site? I kept trying to get past the main page and it keeps say "Forbidden." 

Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#13 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

I haven't finished rebuilding the NR site since restoring my server. I'm planning to clean up the wiki and change the links on the novarefuge.com main menu to link there, as I did with Wulfgard. I'll try to do all that sometime soon.

-Scorp

#14 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Dump the punch, you GET the punch!

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

Just a heads-up to those of you keeping an eye on the wiki: I've been working on a total rehaul and cleanup. I've finished fixing up the Characters, Species, Technology, and some of the Locations categories and their pages. I'm currently working on Factions, and trying to round up all the random pages floating around without categories and lacking in information.

If anyone makes any edits to the pages and/or categories I've recently worked on, it'd be great if you let me know before you do anything drastic to them. :P

So far, here's what I've done:

- Cleaned up a bunch of pages, fixing formatting, grammar/spelling issues, and adding links to other articles

- Cleaned up the various categories (including Characters; for Characters right now, I've simplified it down to the subcategories of Xarkonians, Victorians, Zygbari, etc.). Having so many categories was messy and confusing.

- Deleted unnecessary articles that were too short to even be justified and/or contained no information other than a placeholder. If there's no information about a subject but other articles link to the page, there's no need to make that page until some actual information about it comes up. Placeholders and one-sentence articles simply aren't necessary, and they create a lot of clutter.

Just a heads-up - and I know the site is still down right now, but this is for when Scorp puts it back online - when you copy-paste something from the NR site, it's still in the same font formatting as it was on the NR page, which isn't the same formatting as the wiki uses. To get rid of this, copy-paste the info from the NR site into a notepad file, then copy-paste out of the notepad file and into the wiki editor. That way, the information will be free of any incorrect formatting and match the rest of the wiki pages and can be easily put into the proper formatting. Also, colons after the wiki article section headers (i.e. "History:" as opposed to "History") isn't kosher formatting; colons are unnecessary.

So yeah, still working on all that stuff. :P Once I finish the Factions pages, I'll be mostly done. Anyone wanting to add new pages, please try to stick to the wiki formatting so that all the pages work properly and match.

Also, anyone who has some fan material can feel free to make use of the Fanon category. The Wulfgard wiki has a fanon header to add to the top of pages... I'm not sure if Scorp put one for the NR wiki, but if not, I'll get to work adding one of those as soon as I can.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#15 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Just a heads-up to those of you keeping an eye on the wiki: I've been working on a total rehaul and cleanup.

Yeah, Jak... I like how you mentioned me and all the help I've given you.

emily-blunt.gif

#16 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Dump the punch, you GET the punch!

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

Sorry, Dax. You've helped a lot. I'll get on Scorp about giving you that wiki medal on the forums.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#17 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

Just a heads-up to those of you keeping an eye on the wiki: I've been working on a total rehaul and cleanup. I've finished fixing up the Characters, Species, Technology, and some of the Locations categories and their pages. I'm currently working on Factions, and trying to round up all the random pages floating around without categories and lacking in information.

If anyone makes any edits to the pages and/or categories I've recently worked on, it'd be great if you let me know before you do anything drastic to them. :P

So far, here's what I've done:

- Cleaned up a bunch of pages, fixing formatting, grammar/spelling issues, and adding links to other articles

- Cleaned up the various categories (including Characters; for Characters right now, I've simplified it down to the subcategories of Xarkonians, Victorians, Zygbari, etc.). Having so many categories was messy and confusing.

- Deleted unnecessary articles that were too short to even be justified and/or contained no information other than a placeholder. If there's no information about a subject but other articles link to the page, there's no need to make that page until some actual information about it comes up. Placeholders and one-sentence articles simply aren't necessary, and they create a lot of clutter.

Just a heads-up - and I know the site is still down right now, but this is for when Scorp puts it back online - when you copy-paste something from the NR site, it's still in the same font formatting as it was on the NR page, which isn't the same formatting as the wiki uses. To get rid of this, copy-paste the info from the NR site into a notepad file, then copy-paste out of the notepad file and into the wiki editor. That way, the information will be free of any incorrect formatting and match the rest of the wiki pages and can be easily put into the proper formatting. Also, colons after the wiki article section headers (i.e. "History:" as opposed to "History") isn't kosher formatting; colons are unnecessary.

So yeah, still working on all that stuff. :P Once I finish the Factions pages, I'll be mostly done. Anyone wanting to add new pages, please try to stick to the wiki formatting so that all the pages work properly and match.

Also, anyone who has some fan material can feel free to make use of the Fanon category. The Wulfgard wiki has a fanon header to add to the top of pages... I'm not sure if Scorp put one for the NR wiki, but if not, I'll get to work adding one of those as soon as I can.

I know all this stuff was posted a long time ago. I didn't even notice the medal Scorp gave to me. Sorry about that :D And thank you for it! Oh, and I am sorry if me changing my username on the forums is in violation of the request to create a Wikia user with my forum name. You see, today, at January 29 2014, I changed my name on the forums from Luka1184 to Lukas Exemplar. Lukas is my real name, so that's why. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that me and a friend of mine who runs another WIki (http:/www.deltoraquest.wikia.com/ *coughshamelessadvertisingcough*) are creating a very cool and easy-to-use character infobox system for the NR Wiki. It will use a technique in which you simply put in name of the faction that the character belongs to, and the infobox will automatically change completely in colors to correspond with that faction's national colors. It will also automatically sport the emblem of the faction. It'll take a few days to make. 2-4, I hope. There will also be an option to input an "other" or "unknown" into the info box which will turn the infobox white-greyish in color, or whatever other color you want it to change into.

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#18 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

• Nova Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:46 AM

I did a little prototype coding on the wiki and made a SpoilerAlert thingamabob. Can anyone see if works? http://novarefuge.wi...orpion_(Justin)

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#19 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,111 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:31 AM

I did a little prototype coding on the wiki and made a SpoilerAlert thingamabob. Can anyone see if works? http://novarefuge.wi...orpion_(Justin)

Yep, it works :)

#20 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

• Nova Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:27 PM

I have been writing up a lot of Xarkon military vehicle articles, most of which can be found in Category:Xarkonian Vehicles. They do not contain any history sections, but have all the major technical information, includding physical arrangements and details on weaponry. They don't include many images obviously, since we don't have much official art for them except LEGO models.

Lukas S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users