• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Well as you can tell from the title I am writing a book based in the NR universe. Before I get to the point of the topic here are a few notes:
  • All of the big battles are located away from Terra Nova
  • The 2 main groups are 2 small countries/factions
  • one of which is a Grimm's army-like faction that has control of a somewhat large colony on DinoTerra and several others throughout Nova Refuge and Nova Shelter. Their 'army' is somewhat large and very skilled for a small country/faction but does not have nearly the best tech.
  • The other is much like Yavakaro in most ways and has a very large, somewhat unskilled, but with tech that is only several years behind Xarkon and Victory.
Now that you all understand what this is all about (at least, you think you do), I am asking for names, characters, (small) city names, etc. And everyone who contributes would be given credit.

Here's the "signup sheet"

Name:
Affiliation:
Preferred Weapon:
Bio:
Appearance:

#2 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

Interesting title you got there. Anyway, what do you want for characters? A sign up, similar to RPs?

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#3 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

Pretty much.

#4 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

Then I think you need to put up a sign up sheet for us.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#5 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

There you go.

EDIT: If anyone has any other suggestions for the "sign-up" sheet?

#6 Horatius

Horatius

I am smarter in the books

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

I don't know if you're still doing this, but if so I'd love to contribute. Could you give me a little more info on the basic plot?

Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods."

#7 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:59 AM

I'm not exactly sure what all is up there but here is a two-three sentence plot. 2 small countries, formerly part of the Big 4, are at war. The first has no formal military so they rely on guerilla tactics and training as harsh as the secret soviet police, the Spetnaz. The second has a formal, but not well-trained, army with technology that may very well challenge the likes of Xarkon and Victory.

#8 Luy22

Luy22

Private

• 58 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Name: Luya Gruff
Affiliation: His own.
Preferred Weapon: Blazer rifle
Bio: Was once a smuggler, and then fought as a soldier of Xarkon on several different fronts on several different worlds, mostly known for his heroics at Star's End and again on the planet of Crystalline. Eventually, he had dropped from contact, landing in Mordark, where he once again became a smuggler, and a mercenary for hire.
Appearance: He has a powerful build, with strong muscles. Wears his old Xarkon trooper armor over a blue tunic and green pants with brown boots. Likes to switch it up between a trench coat and a brown leather jacket over all of his attire.

#9 stocked

stocked

• 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

So, how’s it going with the book? I know that creating characters is the hardest part of writing, I used this article to develop mine
http://www.how-to-wr...characters.html
Everything is pretty obvious, but there are some interesting tips that can really help. They did in my case at least. Also, you may like this one
http://www.askwiki.n...o-Write-a-Novel
It’s about creating stories in general, again, just the basics, but I noticed that many people make this mistake – they don’t know the very basic things about writing and mess everything up. Hopefully, you won’t repeat their mistakes J Good luck with your book!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users