• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:50 PM

I thought it would be useful to have a topic on canonicity in Nova Refuge, where we discuss what events, characters, specific details, and even whole stories are still considered to be part of the official canon, so we don't get things all messed up. And perhaps Scorp could check by once in a while to shed light on people's questions about what is canon and what is not.

I'd assume there are things in The Takeover of Mordark that Scorp would probably like to be erased from canon, like some of the messy scenes with all the fan-made characters, some of which we don't even know what happened to after the series ended, for example the biological weapon and bounty hunter Project X. I also assume that the old short stories, like Dark-Dragon's Tale - The Soldier to End All Soldiers have been completely retconned today, though some of the events portrayed in them might still be considered canon. Am I right?

I know that Scorp once said that the information given on the LEGO model pages are also out-of-date and need to be updated, so we could talk about them too.

It would also be cool to create a list of all the media that are considered canon.

In the end, I don't know what we should really do with a topic like this, so maybe we'll just take it as it comes, and see what happens with it.

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#2 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,112 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:44 AM

That Achmer comic written by a fan as part of a contest, that I would like to see being a canon thing.

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#3 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:56 AM

That sounds cool, but I was talking mostly about Justin's own official stuff. However, if people help him and he canonizes some of his stuff, that's awesome! We had that in the BIONICLE fandom, however it was done through short story contests.

But our own glorious Ter Loki/Wang Fire likely wouldn't have to enter to have his amazing stuff accepted :P
Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users