looking for some advice on desinging MOCs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ajax228

ajax228

the red rose

• 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

im not the best lego builder outside of the offical sets i made very little in MOCs so i was wondering when someone makes a MOC how do they plan it out, for example im going to attempt to my OCs ship in lego form but not sure how to plan it out.

SinshenronBurst_Angel_-_03_-_City_Where_

#2 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

For starters, don't build anything yet! I'd go to any LEGO site, such as Brickshelf, Eurobricks, or MOCPages and look for some inspiration before you go straight to the pieces. Personally, this helps a ton if I'm completely clueless as to what I want to build or how to build it.

Second, find a scale or a size. Are you building a micro build, a SHIP, or are you just going for something that's minifig scale? Keep in mind the amount of pieces you have available along with the types of bricks you have available. 

Lastly, before you sit down and get to actually building your MOC, I'd mess around with some pieces. I can't count the number of times I played around with the positioning of certain bricks only to end up using the same technique in an actual build.

Again, none of these things are concrete, but it's just what I do.

If you're looking for more specific building tips, I'd have to see an MOC and give ya feedback  :lego_smile:

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users