Dawn of War

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Kostchei

Kostchei

Not a Bumble Bee...

• -88 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:47 PM

Well I'm starting a Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War topic so we can all talk about how awesome the Chaos Space Marines are. They're not only my favorite faction but also the most fun. Anyone like the Necrons?

Posted Image

#2 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:03 PM

Eh, I'm more of an IG/Tau person myself. Nothing like a good execution to get the other men into gear. XD

Anyways, I'm not bad with the Necrons, and aware that they're purposely a slow moving force, but playing with them can get boring at times.

tumblr_nk2f3wRCMa1si48w3o1_1280.png

#3 Kostchei

Kostchei

Not a Bumble Bee...

• -88 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

The Tau are cool. I also like the Orks.

Posted Image

#4 The Commissar

The Commissar

Rookie

• 26 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:12 PM

One word: Commissars. biggrin.gif

I had it for a while, after borrowing it from a friend, but he wanted it back. I have to get myself a copy soon.
Posted Image

#5 Kostchei

Kostchei

Not a Bumble Bee...

• -88 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (Justanius @ Apr 7 2008, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One word: Commissars. biggrin.gif

I had it for a while, after borrowing it from a friend, but he wanted it back. I have to get myself a copy soon.

Yes you do my friend.
As you can probably see I like bad guys.

Posted Image

#6 Janitor101

Janitor101

King of Mops

• 908 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:20 PM

I have the game and all it's expansion packs, I am SUCH a geek, I play with my custom Space Marines Chapter most of the time, and the rest of the time I mess around with all the other "races".

I am quite looking forward to Dawn of War II.

DIE HERETIC!

#7 Kostchei

Kostchei

Not a Bumble Bee...

• -88 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Janitor101 @ Apr 7 2008, 05:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the game and all it's expansion packs, I am SUCH a geek, I play with my custom Space Marines Chapter most of the time, and the rest of the time I mess around with all the other "races".

I am quite looking forward to Dawn of War II.

DIE HERETIC!

I'm also looking foward to number II. I made an awesome Space Marine chapter about a month ago. Chaos is still the coolest though.

Posted Image

#8 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:59 AM

Well, i have Dawon of War Gold edition and Dawn of War Dark Crusade.
My favorite teams are definetly Necrons, Tau, Space marines and Orks. Necrons are okay, but if they could walk alittle bit faster would be nice.
Im probably not going to get Soulstorm. I heard the Sisers of Battle were not to good.

nY1rpGl.gif

#9 Janitor101

Janitor101

King of Mops

• 908 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (Scorpia @ Apr 7 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, i have Dawon of War Gold edition and Dawn of War Dark Crusade.
My favorite teams are definetly Necrons, Tau, Space marines and Orks. Necrons are okay, but if they could walk alittle bit faster would be nice.
Im probably not going to get Soulstorm. I heard the Sisers of Battle were not to good.

They were okay, they seem to be the Space Marines and the Imperial Guard mixed together, the flying units are pretty cool though.

#10 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:16 AM

I have long wanted tog et this game, but convincing my mom to allow me to buy such games is difficult. sad.gif

Perhaps I will just wait for the sequel...

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#11 Sir Solitaire

Sir Solitaire

Plumber

• Nova Member
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:46 AM

I have all but Soulstorm (I'm not liking the Battle Sisters or the Dark Eldar too... Combined) Depth: Sisters of Battle: A Space Marine/Imperial Guard/Chaos mix. Their strategy play is that of Chaos, but use Space Marine and Imperial Guard units (even in the board game). As for Dark Eldar: A more hit/run tatic team than the Eldar. They depend on fast-attack, meaning: no hold-out, last stand/epic stuff. You need tro be in and out ASAP, or else your entire army is toast. As for the new air units: I'm not to happy, I would rather a 'Call in air Strike' thing than a 'Build and Use Yourself'. Imagine: 'Call in Straffing Attack' and 'Call in Bombing Run'... Anywho: go game series, shouldn't have made these two teams.

As to Dawn of War II: I want for Space Marines: Scouts w/more weapons. Lascanon, and multi-melta options for squads. Bikes, Bikes MkII, and Chaplains (Terminator and bike). Anyhting else? No...

gplus-1832912543.gif

Non ergo in te vocabo

#12 Kostchei

Kostchei

Not a Bumble Bee...

• -88 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:33 PM

I think you should be able to customize armor. Then I could make the Thousand Sons the way they're supposed to look.

Posted Image

#13 LokiFROG

LokiFROG

<Commissar>

• 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

I pretty much love every faction in WH40k, but....

TAU BATTLE SUITS FTW!!!

Anyway, I'm totally look in forward to Dawn of War II.
In the name of the emperor, It-Will-Be-So!

#14 Kostchei

Kostchei

Not a Bumble Bee...

• -88 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

Yeah I like all the factions...but Chaos is by far the best. Defilers \m/ \m/.

Posted Image

#15 Janitor101

Janitor101

King of Mops

• 908 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Kostchei @ Apr 7 2008, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you should be able to customize armor. Then I could make the Thousand Sons the way they're supposed to look.

Agreed, kind of like Halo 3 where you can choose slightly different helmets and whatnot, and add stuff onto their armor.... Dang it you now have me thinking about it, and they're probably not gonna do it... you just disappointed me.... crying.gif

#16 Kostchei

Kostchei

Not a Bumble Bee...

• -88 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Janitor101 @ Apr 8 2008, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed, kind of like Halo 3 where you can choose slightly different helmets and whatnot, and add stuff onto their armor.... Dang it you now have me thinking about it, and they're probably not gonna do it... you just disappointed me.... crying.gif

Sorry dude. It makes me sad too buddy.

Posted Image

#17 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

I love Dawn of War. I got all of them except Soulstorm, cause I'm low on the money. But I'm gonna buy it when I do.

For combat/matches, It's Space Marines all the way.

For Team Skirmishes, its usually Tau.

For Goofing around, its IG/Eldar. I love their ideas, but I don't like playing as them.

giphy.gif

#18 delta38

delta38

Rookie

• 44 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:53 AM

dont forget the mods!
dawn of steel, tyranids, inquisition daemon hunt, adeptas soritas witch hunters mods are all rolled together in a package called the combiner mod, and, imo, better than soulstorm

#19 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (delta38 @ Apr 8 2008, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dont forget the mods!
dawn of steel, tyranids, inquisition daemon hunt, adeptas soritas witch hunters mods are all rolled together in a package called the combiner mod, and, imo, better than soulstorm

Link, cause I could never find the Combiner mod, but only them separate.

giphy.gif

#20 Diztractor

Diztractor

I am Diztractor, Here To Diztract!

• Banned
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:31 AM

I thought the newest Dawn Of War game that came out was going to be "FUN", but my mate has completed it all on campaign every army, I tried a go and feel asleep.

I LOVE THE KROOT!
I used to be Starburst
If Jack Can Do It So Can You!
If I had the bravery of a duck, I will Diztract Scorp *muwhaha*
Jack Of Blade's is the most legendary guy around, he can defeat almost anyone, except for Diztractor! You will not be able to do crime because, I will Diztract you...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users