Skate 2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Unglued

Unglued

I got my flippy floppies

• 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:23 AM

So I bought Skate 2 today. It's a new game, and a great game, wondering if anyone else has picked it up.

Good chance I might have a snowday for school tomorrow if anyone is trying to freeskate.
CAN'T SEE ME IN COD4

#2 Chewbacca the Pimp

Chewbacca the Pimp

Look at my hat, Reginald!

• 616 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:31 AM

I am so, so, so tempted to buy this, but I have [crap]loads of schoolwork and reading to do, and I want to spend some cash on sneakers. (Ironically, the Shoe Goo SB Dunks featured in Skate II, which are redunkulously hard to find at a fair price.)

So, is it a good sequel? Or does it suffer from Tony-Hawk-itis (i.e, trying to be to crazy (and in doing so becoming stupid)?

#3 Unglued

Unglued

I got my flippy floppies

• 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Chewbacca the Pimp @ Jan 28 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am so, so, so tempted to buy this, but I have [crap]loads of schoolwork and reading to do, and I want to spend some cash on sneakers. (Ironically, the Shoe Goo SB Dunks featured in Skate II, which are redunkulously hard to find at a fair price.)

So, is it a good sequel? Or does it suffer from Tony-Hawk-itis (i.e, trying to be to crazy (and in doing so becoming stupid)?

The Shoe Goo SB Dunks are the one my character is rocking right now actually.

It is a good sequel, and does a lot of things right. Online is a bit laggy unless you do online freeskate. Some of the stuff is a little crazy, like the Hall of Meat challenges you do by basically launching yourself off cliffs, but other than that it does a lot right. Walking without the board is a bit buggy too. The city is structured really well. Today I had a line that went down 4 stair sets with rails, 2 ledges, and a few banks.

It's worth buying, although it might be worth waiting till the price drops. Just depends really.

EDIT: Online Graphics creator is mad buggy, but when it works it's great. I rock an Obama Change Deck now.

Edited by Unglued, 28 January 2009 - 02:44 PM.

CAN'T SEE ME IN COD4

#4 Chewbacca the Pimp

Chewbacca the Pimp

Look at my hat, Reginald!

• 616 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:41 AM

I got it! It's totally awesome.

#5 D-man

D-man

A soldier follows orders, a warrior follows his heart.

• 1,296 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:15 AM

Coffins off of Cougar Damn=Epic.

tumblr_mlmz00PsPA1qbz8aro1_250.gif

Dracarys

#6 Unglued

Unglued

I got my flippy floppies

• 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (D-man @ Mar 3 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Coffins off of Cougar Damn=Epic.

I'll put that video up tomorrow for all to witness.
CAN'T SEE ME IN COD4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users