• Please log in to reply
503 replies to this topic

#501 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:44 PM

I can hold out hope. If Netflix is getting to do this, this means they might have some claim to the rights. If the ATLA remake is successful, it could fund a 3rd series as a netflix exclusive. They'd be crazy not to given how Voltron has gone for them.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#502 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,981 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:28 AM

I can hold out hope. If Netflix is getting to do this, this means they might have some claim to the rights. If the ATLA remake is successful, it could fund a 3rd series as a netflix exclusive. They'd be crazy not to given how Voltron has gone for them.

That's a good point; it wouldn't be the first show Netflix has saved. If this is what it takes to bring my beautiful baby back to life, I'll keep paying that Netflix subscription as long as they want. I'll suffer however many live-action remakes they can throw at me if it means I get my glorious Earth Kingdom Avatar who will hopefully be another girl with huge muscles. Just like huuuge, though, because she's Earth Kingdom and they're all super buff. Like BIG. I want her to make Korra look like Aang.

So, given that this is happening now whether we like it or not, what kind of show do you want this thing to be? Do you think they'll cast child actors to match the original characters' ages, or will they age it up a bit? Are they going to change the story, maybe bring in Toph earlier or give us more Azula? I wouldn't mind a few changes here and there, I suppose.

Spoiler

#503 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:14 PM

Are they going to change the story, maybe bring in Toph earlier or give us more Azula? I wouldn't mind a few changes here and there, I suppose.

Ehh, I'm not really into the idea of introducing Season 2 characters early. I think that the only character who could work with something like that is Azula, because she was set up pretty well in Season 1 by being mentioned by other characters or appearing in flashbacks. I'd like it if Azula/Toph did appear in Season 1, that they would not directly meet Team Avatar until Season 2. If I had a preference to who could be introduced in Season 1, maybe we could have the Rough Rinos be in the Jet episode. 

The main thing that I'm afraid that they'll do with the show is try to make political statements with it, which I cannot stand because it is rarely set up well.

Also, my other fear is bad cgi. Series of Unfortunate events has given me a health fear of the...quality of Netflix's special effects.

#504 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:21 PM

Eh, no matter how faithful, I'd rather see an animated feature film :(

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users