How many soldiers are at Hugin Keep, would you say?
They are all from the Legion of the Bear, I presume?
Are there any counties in the Kingdom of Northtown, or is it really just the one city?
In my story, the Empire has just defeated around a hundred men from Utlagr Hall (though they do not know where they were from). If they were to discover the Hall, would they make an assault, and how many soldiers would it take to get the job done? As well, would the tribes come to the defense of the Hall?
Does the Empire care what happens to those Northerners outside their realm? (I.E if a commander was too harsh to those who fought against the Empire, would he be charged with war crimes?)
Is being sent up North to defend the cities there a 'punishment' for bad behavior by a soldier, in his eyes or the eyes of the higher-ups as well?
- The size of the garrison varies. Depends on whether or not they're expecting an attack from that front.
- Have I mentioned a Legion of the Bear before?
I uh, may have forgotten. I thought I never finished that list of Imperial Legions...
- It's the one city and some outlying villages and hamlets.
- Wow, that's a lot of questions. It's the Hall of Outlaws, so it seems unlikely that any of the tribes would leap to its defense. It's well-hidden and well-defended, but its inhabitants are naturally lacking in discipline and would not last long against a real assault from the Imperial Legion.
- If the story takes place under the current King of Northtown, then yes, a commander would be punished for war crimes against the Northmen. King Eltan Skiera is trying to win their favor by showing respect for them and their ways.
- Could be, yes.
What would be the standard color of an Imperial Hoplite's shield? And then what other colors would the markings be?
Every Legion has its standard shield colors and designs. Most are red and gold, the colors of the indomitable First Legion, but some choose to adopt colors more in line with the local kingdoms or their own preferences. So it depends on the Legion.
A couple more about Felesians:
- Are they much taller/bigger than humans?
- About how long do they live?
- Do they wear clothing and/or armor, or use weapons?
And a couple about the Knights Templar:
- How does the command structure work for the Templar who serve as temple guards? Can the priests at the temples give them orders, or is there some other system?
- Similarly, could a priest engage some Templar as bodyguards if he/she were going somewhere dangerous?
- Roughly the same lifespan as a human
- Yes, but their armor and weapons are usually fairly primitive, and some choose not to use them at all.
- Knights Templar do not take orders from priests, no. The priest would have to ask for help from the Templar commander, and there is no guarantee they would grant it. Some priests resent them for this.
- Yes, especially if he were an important. high-ranking priest.
What is the ideal water temperature for legionaries in Deltalund to wash their underwear?
As hot as they can get it! Hard to keep clean in those marshlands, and there's lots of diseases and mosquitoes there as well.
And yes, I will answer any question that does not involve the dreaded Numbers! Just ask the Nova Refuge board.