Photo

Star Wars: Only the Hottest Takes Permitted

• Please log in to reply
2108 replies to this topic

Poll: STAR WARS

When Rey wondered what she should tell Finn, what did Chewie suggest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#2101 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

I think this movie looks pretty cool you guys. I liked the part where he said he had a good feeling about this :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

5Sa8Z49.gif

#2102 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,767 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

9PpKSdX.jpg

#2103 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,859 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:12 PM

9PpKSdX.jpg

Ah man, ya had me going there. I really thought it was Jedi Master Yarael Poof...

#2104 Florent

Florent

bWa bwa bWA

• Nova Member
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:10 AM

I got it wrong and now I feel like a sleazebaganno

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#2105 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,767 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:01 PM

Attention all: this thread is now about your new favourite Star Wars character:

fius77s.png

Please cease all unnecessary talk about other Star Wars characters and storylines immediately. All SSLF members should familiarise themselves with Therm Scissorpunch's Wookieepedia article.

At some point, Scissorpunch sat at a gambling table next to the famous smuggler Lando Calrissian.

#2106 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

We shall never surrender.

• 1,401 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

Egads, you're right, Ocelot!  I haven't seen a character this critical to both lore and marketing since Orrimarko's pruny face first appeared!  Hopefully this guy is here to do more than fix the copier.  (That's a reference to Robot Chicken, only look that up if you're old enough. Yes, that means you.)

The next question is, what critical role will the mighty Therm Scissorpunch take in the Star Wars universe?  Comic relief?  An epic fight scene?  BOTH?!?  Only time will tell, but with a name that epic, I have only the highest hopes for this character.

gallery_15330_272_177677.gif

"Live with honor, die with glory."

#2107 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:32 PM

Leaving this here:

5Sa8Z49.gif

#2108 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Member
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

So....

the-hardest-spongebob-face-quiz-youll-ev

Spoiler

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#2109 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,767 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:34 AM

I thought Solo was pretty good! Nothing amazing, but basically just what I'd hoped: a fun movie about scoundrels betraying eachother and getting up to mischief. It's got some really enjoyable bits, and some bits that are a kind of dumb (one bit that's very dumb) and sometimes it's a little boring, but overall it's an enjoyable thing that I liked and will probably watch again. This movie shies away from the plot plot plot nature of Rogue One and hews closer to the numbered Episodes in terms of focusing on characters and writing, and I think it's much better for it. Woody Harrelson and Donald Glover steal the show, but pretty much everyone in the movie is at least likable enough to keep you engaged, and I found myself more upset about the deaths of extremely minor characters here than I did about literally anyone from Rogue One :P

It doesn't really feel chopped to pieces in that weird way Rogue One did, either. Like I said, it's nothing exceptional, but it doesn't feel like a movie that had two different directors and needed an acting coach for its main star. Sometimes it's a little uneven, but just in a normal mediocre, B-movie-ish kind of way, not in a 'six months of reshoots' kind of way. That workmanlike Ron Howard touch, I guess; nobody's ever going to call Ron Howard a film-making genius, but he knows how to cobble a movie together.

If you're still staunchly against the idea of this movie existing, then it's not really going to do anything to change your mind. This is just Disney cashing another billion dollar Star Wars cheque, after all. Alden Ehrenreich was never going to fill Harrison Ford's shoes, but as long as you aren't going in their as a tiresome internet bro critiquing every moment of his performance he's a totally fine scoundrel-in-the-making (too late, Ocelot: everyone is going to be a tiresome internet bro about every Star Wars movie from here on out). It's good. I liked it. But let me tell you about this really dumb bit, though:

Spoiler

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users