Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Patron
  • 962 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:08 PM

Destiny 2 Gameplay reveal was today:

Gameplay Trailer

Full Gameplay Reveal livestream

With the sequel comes new things, including new powers.

So far in the trailer, I saw a Void Shield for the Titans that can be thrown Captain America style, as well as a hardlight wall a Titan can put up to use as waist high cover in a fight.  Only new power for Hunters I saw was an electric Bo Staff.  

New weapons are obvious.  Swords are making a comeback, this time they seem to have smaller one handed ones you can get.  A new weapon type, probably being a heavy weapon, are Grenade Launchers, something, funny enough, one of my friends on Xbox talked about with me on a weapon that would be cool to get.  There's also a Minigun that you can get (or it could be either a new model of Machine Guns, or even a new Exotic MG).

New vehicles are also coming.  The Sparrows may be getting a new look, but that's no the big thing.  That new big thing, no pun intended, are TANKS FOR THE GUARDIANS (no more cowering behind rocks every time a Fallen Spider Tank or Cabal Colossus Tank shows up)

EDIT: Also, full confirmation from Bungie that Destiny 2 is on PC was revealed during the Livestream.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#742 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,988 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

I admit I can't really give less of a toss about Destiny 2, but it's nice to see that they're continuing their trend of Titans being the coolest class. :P

Also, Destiny 2 is coming to PC via Blizzard, instead of Steam (ugh). That's pretty nifty. I might pick it up at some point, though whether I do and how much I actually play it will depend upon the factor of subscription fees.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#743 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:24 PM

Can we actually use our spaceships in gameplay this time around, too? Or are all those cool dogfights restricted to cutscenes only? ;u;

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#744 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

• Webmaster
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

As someone who uses Battle.net Blizzard's platform more than Steam, and likes to see healthy competition for Steam on PC, and would kinda like to play Destiny 2 when I feel like shooting dudes, but doesn't want to pay the console fee for online gaming... this is all pretty good news to me! :P

(the graphics and gameplay in this "sequel" sure do look exactly the same as the first game tho, lol)

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#745 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Patron
  • 962 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

Also, Destiny 2 is coming to PC via Blizzard, instead of Steam (ugh). That's pretty nifty. I might pick it up at some point, though whether I do and how much I actually play it will depend upon the factor of subscription fees.

See, that both surprises and doesn't surprise me.  It's suprising given how EVERY OTHER ACTIVISION GAME IS ON STEAM, but unsurprising when you remember that the Activision and Blizzard are one company.

And hey, given how it's going to be multiplatform, my guess is that they will treat it like what they did with Overwatch and just make it a flat payment.

Can we actually use our spaceships in gameplay this time around, too? Or are all those cool dogfights restricted to cutscenes only? ;u;

Wasn't talked about, so maybe not.  Then again, given how we are getting Tanks, we could be.

(the graphics and gameplay in this "sequel" sure do look exactly the same as the first game tho, lol)

I's probably using the same engine, this time only using the new consoles instead of being hindered by the 360 and PS3 like the first game was at launched.  It did notice some slight visual improvements in the the trailer, but yeah, it looks similar.

Then again, I wouldn't expect massive improvements when the release of the new game and the release of the final DLC for the first game was within a year.

Also, I was going to have a list of all the changes and new features for the first game in the post with the trailers and live stream, but because someone moved it when I was editing it, I lost all that I typed so I'll give brief rundown:

• New Weapon Classes, Grenade Launchers and Submachine Guns (well, at least by the looks of it for the second one)
  • Revamped Weapon Loadouts, now Kinetic, Energy, Power.  Power includes Fusion Rifles, the Launchers, Shotguns, and Snipers.  Kinetic and Energy are similar to the first game.  Sidearms seem to have been moved out of Secondaries, now can get Kinetic damage, Energy is the Kinetic weapons but with elemental power to them.
  • Revamped PvP.  All modes are 4v4, and a new Attack/Defend mode called "Countdown" is coming.
  • New Vehicles, Tanks.  Seem to act similar to the Fallen Pikes or Cabal Interceptor
  • New Subclasses: Titan gets Sentinel, which gets the previously mentioned shield.  Hunter gets Arcstrider, which gets the Bo Staff.  Warlock gets Dawnblade, which gets a flaming sword that can also launch fire projectiles.  Some subclasses are staying, however.  Gunslinger for the Hunter is confirmed, with an increase to 6 shots instead of 3 for the Golden Gun, as well as The Last Word's "Fan the Hammer" fire animation.  Striker for Titan also confirmed.
  • New dedicated In-Game Clan Support, with rewards that all players contribute to and all players get
  • New way to play End Game modes, such as Nightfall Strikes, Raids, and Trials of Osiris, Guided Games.  This allows Clans who need one or two extra players to allow a drop in of players who are looking to do the End Game modes but don't have the friends to do them with
  • New areas/planets.  The European Dead Zone on Earth, Io, Titan, and Nessus.  No confirmation on if we'll go back to Mars, Venus, and the Moon
  • Freeroam now available on the worlds you can got to.  You can launch patrols, missions, or other activities from there.  In addition, you also no longer need to return to orbit to go to a different world
  • New activities to do when free roaming too.  Treasure hunts to locate, lost sectors to find, and new encounters to meet when exploring
  • An in game map is being provided.  This can also be used to start missions/activities, show all waypoints for Lost Sectors, Treasure Hunts, and Public Events, or even to jump to different worlds.  Timers and exact locations are also given for those events.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#746 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,835 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

POPULAR

I'm glad to see Destiny is finally going Gold. That was a long Beta period.

#747 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,988 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

I'm glad to see Destiny is finally going Gold. That was a long Beta period.

gallery_3_16_197590.gif

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#748 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Patron
  • 962 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

Got some more gameplay for you.  Namely of one of the Strikes and of PvP, with the mode Countdowns (basically Attack/Defend demolition mode)

5Sa8Z49.gif

#749 Risk

Risk

• Nova Patron
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

It literally looks the same with some different flashy stuff T~T

Bungie y

xgd0s9.jpg

#750 DeadFire87

DeadFire87

Game Intel Master

• 1,095 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

Warcraft gold is an official way to pay for Destiny 2 now. Probably pc exclusive deal. :P

Destiny 1 was fun up until you did everything then it was repeat, repeat, repeat. Don't know how I feel about destiny 2 just yet. Seems interesting, but idk. Pve isn't that fun to me after the story is done. Pvp though is interesting 4v4 game modes mean 2 things. No dedicated servers for pvp as peer to peer play usually tops out at 12 players. 4v4 guarantees it's pretty smooth. Also 4v4 adds tension. Could be fun.

Next Batch of consoles...........

PS4 Pro - 4.2 Tflops - 2016

Scorpio - 6 Tflops - 2017

NX - 2017 - Mario Mushrooms, and Link's Hat powered device. 

PS5 - 2019/2020 (Powered by AMD Zen family APU)

XBNext - 2019/2020/2021 (Powered by AMD Zen family APU)

-My old forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Destiny

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users