1. How common are Liches in Wulfgard?
2. How powerful was Ildrius? I.e. did he master multiple different kinds of magic besides the types that have been confirmed (Arcane and Demonic)?
3. Was Albador the Twisted called that because he was deformed or because he was insane?
4. Why was Puck trapped in that room in Castle Blood? Was Albador studying him? I forget if this was mentioned in the Campaign or not...
5. Were the wards keeping Albador's experiments inside the Castle destroyed when the Castle collapsed?
6. How powerful are Illusions? I.e. would a Lich be able to create an illusion of his mortal form and keep it up over a long period of time?
1. Extremely rare. Only the most powerful magi and warlocks manage to successfully become liches. The process involved is extremely dangerous and usually results in catastrophic death (often with one's soul becoming prisoner to a demon - or even dissipating out of existence entirely). Since mages are already rare, liches are rarer still.
2. Ildrius was extremely powerful, but nothing has been established about him discovering a whole new type of magic, if that's what you're saying. He lived well beyond the usual mortal lifespan, and during that time he mastered the arcane, elemental, demonic, and even some degree of runic magics.
3. Unknown. He may have been hunchbacked, but the moniker was mainly given to him because of the twisted experiments he performed.
4. Yes, Albador had been trying to learn the ways of the Fay, whose magic is mysterious even to an expert archmage. He wanted to know how Puck was able to slip into the spirit world and back again at will, and utilize shadow magic and spiritual magic all at once, and why he was immortal. He didn't know what he was getting into, of course - Puck being even more powerful and manipulative than most demons.
5. Almost certainly. It's possible some experiments escaped the wreckage alive.
6. Yes, he could. It would eventually wear off though, and he would have to re-cast his magic periodically - preferably while out of sight.
- Dalton Westmoore likes this