• Please log in to reply
7584 replies to this topic

#7581 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:08 AM

When did linear become such a dirty word?

It's almost as if you can't stuff in microtransactions.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#7582 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,933 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:43 PM

Reports are flying about the next Xbox, or perhaps Xboxes:

First, Microsoft is building a traditional console that you would expect from the Xbox brand. I think it’s important to point this out so that those who prefer to have all their hardware locally, will have an option with the next generation Xbox.

As for specs for this device, that’s still not known at this time as it’s the early days of development for that piece of hardware. But what I am starting to hear more about is the second device, a streaming box that is designed to work with the company’s upcoming game streaming platform.

Scarlett Cloud as one person called it, is the game streaming service that we have all been envisioning ever since Microsoft showed off a demo game streaming at its all-employee meeting back in 2013. But this time, Microsoft has a path to bring it to market.

The second ‘console’ that the company is working on is a lower-powered device that is currently planned to ship with the next generation device that is designed for game-streaming. But the catch here is that Microsoft thinks it has figured out how to handle the latency sensitive aspects of gaming.

So one traditional Xbox and one much cheaper streaming system, both thought to be launching in 2020. From what I understand the streaming box is going to have more hardware inside than just the stuff that allows it to stream a game, in an attempt to deal with the latency issue inherent to streaming, which sounds interesting.

#7583 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,933 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:34 PM

I'm salty, you guys. They're doing another Smash Direct:

Where are the real games, Nintendo? E3 was all Smash, and now the very next Direct is all Smash. You've let me down, Reggie.

#7584 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:31 AM

In the Nintendo Direct they announced new fighters Simon Belmont and King K. Rool, new echoes Richter Belmont, Chrom and Dark Samus.

There are 103 stages announced so far (times 3 for omega and battlefield variants) and you can set stages to shift into a new one as the match goes on.

Probably some other stuff, but that's my main takeaway.

#7585 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,933 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:39 PM

Here are the Simon Belmont and King K.Rool trailers, btw:

(RIP in peace Luigi)

It seems like the gaming industry is gearing up for Gamescom in a couple of weeks, because there are big doin's a happenin':

The first gameplay footage of Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming tomorrow

There's a trailer for a game called Devil's Hunt, with veeeery non-native-English dialogue ("Not always a choice is something good"), and maybe kind of cool combat?

There's a livestream tonight for that game called The Quiet Man, the live action one about the deaf guy fighting people from the Square-Enix E3 show:

EDIT - Here's the RDR2 trailer:

The hype just hit me really hard, you guys!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users