• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Dump the punch, you GET the punch!

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

Lycanthropy and vampirism represent two of the most powerful curses in all the realms... and two of the darkest nightmares.

In addition to one being able to sign up as a werewolf or a vampire, a player character can also be infected in-game (and so can NPCs).

Acquiring lycanthropy or vampirism is not something one does easily - or lightly! Most people would never go out looking to get infected/cursed by either monster. However, just because your character doesn't want it, doesn't mean you agree.

Therefore, here's how to acquire lycanthropy or vampirism in-game...

Werewolf_Pack.png

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy is a curse that causes a once ordinary individual (be that individual a man, elf, or dwarf) to transform into a werewolf. To acquire lycanthropy, one can sign up as a werewolf, or acquire lycanthropy in-game by being bitten or cursed through another means.

There are many ways to become a werewolf. For instance: being bitten by another werewolf, acquiring the curse from a cursed artifact (skin, amulet, or some other object), drinking rare and specially prepared potions, undergoing elaborate rituals, or by being a berserker and giving in to the rage of the wolf so completely that a transformation occurs.

The most common method of an individual being cursed with lycanthropy is via the bite of another werewolf. This can occur in-game from a NPC werewolf or a player werewolf. This can occur via a special request PMed personally to me, after which I will arrange for your character to be infected, or simply by very bad (or good? At least you aren't dead!) luck on your character's part.

You can become infected with lycanthropy without expressing permission for your character to be infected. It's part of the dangers of the world.

For more info on lycanthropy in general, see the Wulfgard wiki article.

-----------------------

Vampire_beastman.png

Vampirism

Vampirism is a curse that causes a once ordinary individual (be that individual a man, elf, or dwarf) to become an undead creature that requires human blood in order to sustain itself. To acquire vampirism, one can sign up as a vampire, or acquire vampirism in-game by being cursed.

There are two primary ways to become a vampire: being bitten by another vampire and then that vampire undergoing a ritual to spread his vampirism to you, or an individual cursing you with vampirism after death.

In the first case, the vampire sometimes kills the individual to speed the process of the individual becoming a vampire, but they do not necessarily have to. It is not necessary to die immediately after receiving the vampire curse. But, whenever the infected individual does die, they will rise from their grave six nights later as a vampire.

Infection with vampirism can occur in-game from a NPC vampire or player vampire. This can occur via a special request PMed personally to me, after which I will arrange for your character to be infected, or simply by very bad (or good? At least you aren't dead!) luck on your character's part.

You can become infected with vampirism without expressing permission for your character to be infected. It's part of the dangers of the world.

For more info on vampirism in general, see the Wulfgard wiki article.

IN BOTH CASES, an infected player MUST edit their character sheet to say that they are now a werewolf or a vampire. You must also read the details regarding playing a werewolf or vampire in Errant.

Special permission is required to play a werewolf or a vampire; therefore, it is not easy or common to get infected in-game. If I feel that you do not need to require special permission from me to play a werewolf or a vampire, you stand a better chance of getting infected.

Still have questions? Post them in the Errant Q&A thread.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users