NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

REVAMP: Vampires

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,067 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

So this is kind of a big deal for anyone currently playing (which is no one - someone really needs to get cursed in-game :P ) or planning to play a vampire character - I'm reworking vampires pretty extensively.

I don't have many details yet, since I'm still talking names and things over with Scorp. But what I can tell you are a few general things:

• They won't be limited to just the former vampire bat shifters. Those will still exist, of course, but they will be one of many vampire types (the names of which are yet to be sorted and decided).
  • Vampirism in itself is a more general demonic curse instead of tied to the aforementioned former vampire bat shifters. Vampirism is a curse that causes one to become an undead monstrosity that must drink blood to survive - specifically the blood of mortal, intelligent beings with souls, rather than something like animals. Different kinds of vampires will suffer different effects if they drink animal blood, in the way that the vampire bat shifters become more bestial.
  • Not all vampires will be related to shifters in some way; some are simply undead with no or limited shapeshifting abilities and no connection to animals whatsoever.
  • Conversely, there will also be more vampires related to animals. For instance, some rat shifters accepted a vampirism curse like the vampire bat shifters. In other words: shapeshifting rat vampires.
  • Not all vampires were created by the same demon lord (in the way that vampire bat shifters were granted their curse by Arashk, demon lord of Pride). Therefore, some vampires will be more closely associated with disease, etc., and certainly not all vampires are alluring/beautiful.
  • Vampires will not immediately burn up and die in the sun, like other types of undead, though specifics on this may sometimes vary by type (the vampire bat shifter variety will no longer die immediately in the sun, for instance). However, those who do not die immediately still should keep their skin covered to keep from burning and are largely blind in the daylight, thanks to their sensitive eyes.
  • One does not have to be "infected" by another vampire to become a vampire. While this has always been the case, like with werewolves, it will now be emphasized that it's arguably more common to become a vampire through other means.
  • Vampires will be more closely associated with their "mist form" and have a wider range of abilities concerning leaving their own body behind and possibly even mind control/possession. Certain vampire types are more like spirits, while others are corporeal undead.
  • Various other changes that haven't been sorted yet. :P

This is just to give you a fun look ahead at some of the things in store, so that anyone planning vampire characters can keep these things in mind accordingly. :P I'm going to work on revising the existing vampire writeups for Errant in the future. Feel free to discuss here anything that comes to mind or toss out questions.

Haha, it's funny. Revamp: Vampires. Get it? Revamp? Because it's-- nevermind.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:12 AM

So this is kind of a big deal for anyone currently playing (which is no one - someone really needs to get cursed in-game :P ) or planning to play a vampire character - I'm reworking vampires pretty extensively.

I'll have to read this extensively when I have more time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users