NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Delving Too Deep OOC - Rules, Character List, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Delving Too Deep poll

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Should we just skip ahead, and if so, to what point?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:41 AM

This is the OOC topic for Delving Too Deep. This thread contains the rules of the RP, a character list with links to everyone's sheets, and conversations about what's going on.

RULES

Delving Too Deep will run on the usual Errant rules, but here are a few refreshers.

Please note that you do not have an abilities list, but that doesn't mean there are no rules about what you can and cannot do...

I've tried to leave things more open, but when it comes to combat, general Errant rules apply. In combat, take only one action at a time. Always assume an enemy (or enemies) aren't cannon fodder unless I state otherwise. If you're allowed to instantly kill something in your post, I'll say so in the DM post.

This RP will have boss fights. These boss fights have the same rules as any other fight, but your chances of being killed or critically injured are much higher, so be sure to think about your actions wisely.

That said, please always do something in your posts - even if you are just technically chickening out IC or something. This is meant to be a character-driven experience, so I encourage you to interact with other players and also with NPCs (companions or otherwise). I'm going to be trying to give everyone time to interact with each other, since interacting with other characters is - in my opinion - the most fun and important part of a RP.

Your posts should always have at least one action or some dialogue so that you're doing something instead of just standing around thinking to yourself. No one can react to that, so it's really very pointless for a RP. I'm also not taking eating, drinking, and sleeping into careful account, here, so don't focus too much on trying to end your posts doing something like that. If you sleep when everyone else is interacting, you aren't giving yourself a rested bonus, you're just missing out on the fun.  :P

If you have some form of magic or you are a unique race with special abilities, please consult me if you're confused as to what you can and cannot do. It's always better to ask than to assume and just make a post if it's something crazy. But hey - if you have magic, you probably can do something crazy! So just ask. :P Otherwise, use the wiki as needed to help.

If you receive a PM about this campaign, chances are it'll be in-character (I'll state otherwise if it isn't). I'll be PMing people information that only they are privy to, and it's their choice whether or not to share it with their fellow players. I may also have some interactions via PMs, so that players are not privy to those private interactions, either (if this happens, I'll specify this too, and if the conversation gets interrupted in-game the PM chain gets interrupted, also). If you want to keep something in-character secretive and drag one of my NPCs off to some private place, feel free to do so and then you can begin the PM chain. However, in-character PMing between players isn't permitted unless I'm also in the PM conversation (as DM, I have to know everything to give everyone the best experience).

Again, this shouldn't be used too often, as all players should be included when at all possible.

There will be no group penalties for people not posting, but your individual character may be punished if you suddenly stop posting without warning. If you get behind and want to catch up, just PM me and I can get you up to speed so you can get back in the game. It shouldn't be that hard to stay caught up with the RP.

WHAT YOU WILL KEEP TRACK OF

With the new Errant system, it's now your job to keep track of things about your character! That being said, when making the new system, HP totally slipped my mind. Therefore, I'll be adding it in the next update. So, for now...

EVERYONE be sure to edit HP onto the BOTTOM of your character sheet that you're using. Remember, your HP is CON x 5. So if you have 5 CON, you have 25 HP. If you have 8 CON, you have 40 HP. List it like this:

HP: 25/25

If you receive a status such as Poisoned, Bleeding, Crippled, Blessed, Cursed, or otherwise, please note this below your HP, in bold. I will always specify in the DM post if your character is affected by any kind of status, negative or positive. For instance:

HP: 18/25

CRIPPLED

The status, whatever it may be, is to remain there until specifically removed via IC in a post.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know.

So here's the list of what you are to keep track of:

• Your HP
  • Any statuses
  • Your inventory
  • Your currency
  • Any potential race, appearance, talent, or other changes (these are not likely to happen except under extraordinary circumstances, but are still possible)

Be sure to edit these things on your character sheet, in your character sheet thread. I will make it very clear when and if you lose HP, you lose or gain something in your inventory, or you lose or gain currency. It is YOUR responsibility to keep track of these things.

ON THE NATURE OF THIS CAMPAIGN

This campaign will be divided up into chapters: a prologue, three chapters, and an epilogue. I have each one planned out, but there's a lot of openings for players to throw monkey wrenches into my plans (which I welcome) and you guys are going to be making a lot of choices along the way and possibly even picking up various NPC companions at different points (that's up to you).

Here's a chapter guide:

• Prologue - Gates of the Fjord
  • Chapter I - Across the North
  • Chapter II - Into the Edge
  • Chapter III - Lost in Darkness
  • Epilogue - Of Wounds Eternal

Each chapter (except for the prologue) will have its own different sidequests, and this campaign will have heavy focus on optional sidequests along the path, instead of keeping everyone moving down a linear storyline. Players will get to choose what path they are going to take across Northrim to reach the Jagged Edge; this will, of course, heavily influence and change Chapter I and the beginning portion(s) of Chapter II.

Therefore, please participate actively in decisions such as sidequests, the path(s) the group takes, etc. Don't just sit on the sidelines. Your choices will heavily affect the RP, and I won't choose which path(s) you take - that is up to the players.

CHARACTER and PLAYER LIST

Feel free to discuss OOC here whatever you want. The campaign will start very soon! I'm waiting on one late sign-up.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

That was Christmasy.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:02 AM

The group picture will be coming this week, so keep an eye out for that.

#3 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:43 PM

I added WyvernSith to the player list - I forgot him before. Sorry about that! Fixed now.

Because I am impatient due to my own lateness getting this going, I have now started the RP. Any latecomers can still feel free to join, but I figured I'd give everyone plenty of time to talk, sign the contract, and mingle, etc., before the prologue ends and everyone sets out in the morning.

Be sure to choose your path before that happens, but however you guys go about introductions, signing, and choosing the path, I don't care. Have fun with it. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#4 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

Added you to the player list, Ambad. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#5 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,324 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

Hey, Ambad, you seemed to misunderstand what Korvarl's path was, soooo I took the liberty of adding some subtle clarification as to which path he's supporting to my post :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#6 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:13 AM

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

Does the HP calculation take into account racial bonuses to constitution (i.e. the +2 for werewolves)?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#7 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

Yes, it does. Be sure to factor in your bonus.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#8 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

That was Christmasy.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:02 AM

Added you to the player list, Ambad. :P

It's a good thing I haven't started working on the group picture too much, or else I'd be pretty annoyed that we have a last minute addition.

Though I am going to have to change my initial drawing idea... :P

#9 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

Hey, Ambad, you seemed to misunderstand what Korvarl's path was, soooo I took the liberty of adding some subtle clarification as to which path he's supporting to my post :P

Ah, see, I was considering Fort Coldstone to mark the official Imperial border, with all cities north of that being "territories" or "colonies", including Fort Munin, Rimegard, and Arrowfall. Thus, it sounded to me like you were proposing an alternate route south of the border mountain range, traveling within the Empire proper. My mistake. :P And one my character would likely have made, too, considering that would also be his perception of the true "Imperial border".

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#10 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:45 PM

Hey, Dalton? You mentioned that Malvolio "cast his vote," but what did he actually vote for? Which path?

Because I will be deciding which path we take based on which one wins the vote. If nothing else, everyone can clarify their votes here, OOC.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#11 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

That was Christmasy.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

I was planning on having all my characters vote, but I forgot to add that in post.

Agethar voted for custom path, Malvolio voted for River/Imperial path, and Huo Shiye voted for Nordling path.

#12 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Patron
  • 430 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

I think I'm going to pull Njarine out of this one in the post, as I've gotten busier. Just Elisario for this one will be best I think.

Never mind, I can keep up with this. Also, WyvernSith is getting back into somewhere with even cell signal tomorrow and then he can get a post up.

Edited by DragonJedi, 16 June 2017 - 06:21 PM.

#13 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:45 AM

I think I'm going to pull Njarine out of this one in the post, as I've gotten busier. Just Elisario for this one will be best I think.

Never mind, I can keep up with this. Also, WyvernSith is getting back into somewhere with even cell signal tomorrow and then he can get a post up.

Sure thing. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Small update: I've added Ambad's character and Sephsekla's second character to the list now.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#14 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

That was Christmasy.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

The Group picture is in my Art Topic, along with Sephsekla's last minute character, if anyone wants to take a look.

#ShamelessPlug

#15 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:41 PM

I went ahead and added a poll to this thread to make absolutely sure I'm counting everyone's votes for the path properly.

Go ahead and put in your characters' votes and let me know. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#16 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Patron
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

The poll doesn't show it but both Elisario and Njarine are for the Imperial path.

#17 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 626 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

My characters are voting differently because I'm difficult like that.

#18 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

That was Christmasy.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

"No, I'm actually on leave," Malvolio said as he paid the bartender for his drink "I've just finished up with my latest mission, and I'm currently up for a promotion. While the Knights-Templar decide on whether or not I should get it, they decided to let me go for a while."

I'm just guessing with this, and I'm assuming that this is not possible. Still, this is my explanation of why Malvolio is here in the first place.

And also what he was doing before In Sickness and In Health takes place (i.e. before he got the promotion that I gave him so he could be a leader in that RP).

#19 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

Looks like the River/Imperial path definitely won out. :P Interesting.

I'm going to get to work on the next DM post, which will hopefully be up in a few days. In the meantime, feel free to continue mingling.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#20 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 626 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:28 AM

I don't know what I expected from this campaign, but love triangle it was not.

Love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users