Margaret's Agents of C.A.R.T.E.R.

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#101 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,981 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:12 AM

EDIT: Btw, Ocy, they ditched the SHIELD spinoff, so Mack, Bobbi, and Hunter are staying right where they are.

Bobbi and Hunter can stay - they've earnt their spots - but Mack needs to check himself. I still like the guy; he can be redeemed :P

Good news about SHIELD being renewed, and... ah, whatever, I suppose it's good news about Agent Carter. I still want to see Peggy and Dottie being cool, it's just, y'know, the entire rest of the show I don't care so much about. Less Crutches Guy and Chad Michael Murray, more Dottie being delightfully evil.

#102 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:26 PM

Tonight was the Finale. That was rather...eventful. And 'eventful' is quite an understatement.

SPOILERS (in vaguely cryptic comments and horrible puns)

Spoiler

TL;DR: Kyle MacLachlan. There's Acting, and then there's what he does. They don't compare.

EDIT:

xFxA8ca.gif

EDIT 2: OH, OH, OH! Did anyone else catch

Spoiler

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#103 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,181 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:35 PM

My girlfriend and I were wondering why they left the Fitz Simmons lovey dovey until the end.

Now we know why.

lWZ8e6F.png

#104 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:54 AM

Fantastic finale. Heartbreaking, but it just goes to show that deeply flawed characters are usually the best written.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#105 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,981 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:17 AM

Jeez, Mack. After all Coulson's done for you? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. But I suppose the good news is that Coulson's going to be all right. Nice to see he's keeping Mack close at hand, too; I'd hate to see that guy get the chop. It'll be interesting to see him take a swing at his new job.

Spoiler

#106 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:36 AM

Yeah...

Spoiler

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

#107 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

Spoiler

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#108 Isundir

Isundir

Rookie

• 337 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

Would this be recommendable to somebody who doesn't really know much about or cares much for superhero stuff?

Right or wrong, which side are you on, does it even matter if it's on the same coin?

#109 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

I'm amazed at how this show went from episodic and average to one big awesome story arc...

Seriously, I want more of it.

My only complaint is that Deathlok wasn't there for the finale... Just a fight Gordon vs Deathlok...

#110 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

Finally caught up with this thing...

Spoiler

#111 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:14 PM

Boop. Anybody still watching this.

Ep before the midseason is airing right now, and let me just say...

Spoiler

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#112 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

Boop. Anybody still watching this.

Ep before the midseason is airing right now, and let me just say...

Spoiler

I've missed none this season.

And every episode just seems to top the previous one. How are they doing that.

Tonight's was just crazy over crazy. Next one, can't even imagine.

#113 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:12 PM

Jeez, Mack. After all Coulson's done for you? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. But I suppose the good news is that Coulson's going to be all right. Nice to see he's keeping Mack close at hand, too; I'd hate to see that guy get the chop. It'll be interesting to see him take a swing at his new job.

The brilliance of this post went right over my head before. I don't know how. 

Unfortunately I don't have the time to watch tonight's tonight, especially if I watch the Flash/Arrow crossover episode... I'm caught up otherwise, though. Still a good show and all. Will discuss more when I've seen tonight's.

#114 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:32 PM

7HM3y.gif

Spoiler

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#115 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,981 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:15 AM

Coulson's robot hand is the dumbest thing. It's just a hand! Superhuman grip strength? Sure. Punching people across rooms and doing what he did in this episode? Nope. Absolutely not. That's not how hands work, not how arms work, not how physics works.

Spoiler

#116 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:39 AM

^I only liked that for the Fitz bit.

#117 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,981 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:56 PM

k, wash the ho hum Agents of SHIELD Season 3 out of your mouths, because now it's time for a follow-up to the ho hum Agent Carter Season 1!

It's on tonight, I think, maybe it's already been on, I don't know. I haven't seen it yet but the first result you get when Googling 'Agent Carter S2' is an article entitled "Agent Carter Season 2 Review: Marvel's Return Disappoints", so... well, there you go, I suppose.

#118 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,981 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:17 PM

So this topic died, then, huh? Has anyone been watching Agent Carter or the return of Agents of SHIELD? I thought old Pegs was pretty good this season. Nothing mindblowing, but more enjoyable than the first season. Peggie is still such a great character, played by such a great actress, that she can carry the show when it gets a bit dull. All they need to do is tell Hayley Atwell to call someone a "plonker" and I'm smiling again.

Then SHIELD came back, and made me wish we were still back with Peggie, because this whole thing with zombie Ward having an ancient slug in his head driving him around is really dumb. The only thing dumber is the weird makeup they have him wearing that gives him giant cheekbones; it's like they're trying to make his face skin look sunken, but they can only do it by building up the cheekbones. He looks ridiculous, is what I'm getting at. Also he has the power to turn into CGI dust or something, and he maybe killed Mark Dacascos at the end of the episode (I honestly thought he died last season).

#119 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:25 PM

and he maybe killed Mark Dacascos at the end of the episode (I honestly thought he died last season).

Didn't the UN issue a joint declaration condemning any attempt to kill Mark Dacascos as a crime against humanity?

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#120 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:59 PM

Okay, I don't generally get very emotionally invested in TV shows... But I'm ticked at AoS right now... >:| Anyone else still watching so I can rant at them or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users