Photo

Star Wars Movies and Positivity Thread

• Please log in to reply
2153 replies to this topic

Poll: Star Wars

What's a cool spaceship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#2081 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:52 AM

You should change the thread title to "George Lucas Directs Fourth Star Wars Prequel"

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#2082 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:52 AM

I found this video and I thought it was interesting:

#2083 Florent

Florent

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:16 PM

Oh god I hope they give some dumb Mandalore plot to Dumb & Dumber so then I suuuuper don't have to watch it.

#2084 Patriot 96

Patriot 96

Lego fan

• Nova Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

Oh god I hope they give some dumb Mandalore plot to Dumb & Dumber so then I suuuuper don't have to watch it.

Not a fan of the Mandolorians, I take it?

Personally i'd like to see Lucasfilm do something with Boba Fett. "No disintegrations!" needs addressing.

#2085 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 715 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:24 AM

I'd prefer not to delve into Boba Fett's past, the mystery is far better.

I would love to see a Mandalorian Wars film. Rebels made a Jedi/Mandalore war canon again.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#2086 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,910 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:50 AM

Boba Fett's past has been well and truly delved into, as the second victim of Lucas' "What was this beloved character from the Original Trilogy like as a child, tho?" mania. If they do one day do a Boba Fett movie, it can only be up hill from Episode 2's depiction.

#2087 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:18 AM

How did this turn into a discussion about Boba fett even though it was supposed to be about Benioff/Weiss possibly making a movie about Mandalorians (which, if you watched the video, you would know)?

Also, memes:

#2088 Florent

Florent

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:21 AM

Boba Fett isn't even a Mandalorian in the new canon. He's just a guy who wears Mandalorian armor. Cause that isn't confusing at all.

(PS this is also the reason why we will probably never see Mandos on screen. 90% of the audience would be like "Why are there a bunch of Boba Fetts but none of them are Boba Fett")

#2089 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,910 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:02 AM

Here's the official announcement about the Blu Ray of The Last Jedi. 14 deleted scenes, two featurette thingoes, Rian Johnson's commentary track and some other stuff. It's also the first Star Wars movie to release on 4K Blu Ray, which should be neat (I'm buying that one, even though I don't have a 4K TV, because I'm a huge mark).

The-Last-Jedi-4K-Combo-3-768x999.jpg

Digital on March 13th, Blu Ray on March 27th.

EDIT - By the way did anyone know that Jek Porkins was Top Men?

SaZue4z.jpgvfwRuxa.gif

#2090 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,180 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:56 PM

This take on the Solo trailer might be the best thing Star Wars has given us this century.

lWZ8e6F.png

#2091 Florent

Florent

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

It's impossible to not anticipate Solo a little bit after watching that.

#2092 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

picard-facepalm.jpg

#2093 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,180 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

picard-facepalm.jpg

Yeah, but instead of "also memes" I also gave some sort of opinion on it.

lWZ8e6F.png

#2094 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

Yep, but I still posted it first. :P

You could have just quoted it and then offered an opinion on it.

#2095 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,910 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:14 PM

Here's some shots from The Last Jedi's deleted scenes. I'm looking forward to that Bluuu Raaaaay.

btw I finished Star Wars Bloodline, and it was OK. It's the rare bit of Star Wars media that actually makes the political side of things interesting, because it's all about Leia doing political things rather than just shoving scenes from an episode of C-SPAN into an action movie. But then it is still a Star Wars thing, so it still has a great big battle scene at the end that pops up out of nowhere and ends just as fast. Leia finds this underwater smuggler's city that the proto-First-Order are secretly working from within, gets into a big gunfight when suddenly Han Solo arrives without warning from the other side of the galaxy, and then they fly around shooting stuff for a bit until Leia accidentally shoots some critical structural component of the base and floods the entire thing and kills everyone in it. 

And it's really weird, because Leia acknowledges that she accidentally just killed hundreds of relatively innocent smugglers, but she only feels bad for a couple of moments and then the book moves on. Why even write in a bunch of innocent people in the first place if their deaths are just kind of a footnote? There's also this underling of Leia's who seems like a cool action chick until it's revealed that she actually suffers from a disease called Bloodburn, but... nothing really comes of that, either.

But it's probably one of the better New EU books, I suppose. It sets up why Leia is leading a Resistance in TFA, rather than just being the regular government, at least, and it makes it clear that young Ben Solo didn't actually know he was Vader's grandson before he went off to train with Luke, which is interesting. I think I still like the Phasma book the best of all the new ones.

#2096 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,910 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:17 AM

Mark Hamill got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and he did this to celebrate it:

cNhwbjA.jpg

Also I think The Last Jedi is out digitally today, so hopefully some high-quality Reylo gifs will come flooding in pretty soon.

#2097 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,910 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:27 AM

Introducing your new favourite fact about The Last Jedi, hot off Rian Johnson's commentary track:

V8B72KP.png

#2098 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

5Sa8Z49.gif

#2099 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,180 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:34 PM

Fellas, I'm completely sold on this Solo film we got here.

The guy really gives me young Han vibes.  I know some people here are going to make a big to do about how it ain't a Han lookin' character but with all due respect go scruff yourself this is Han Solo

F38aP3x.jpg

lWZ8e6F.png

#2100 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,910 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:53 AM

I think this movie looks pretty cool you guys. I liked the part where he said he had a good feeling about this :P

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users