#21 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (The Arbiter @ Apr 18 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire...on my N64. unsure.gif

Y'know, I really think Retroman might be a better name for you than The Arbiter.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#22 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Exan Revile @ Apr 18 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y'know, I really think Retroman might be a better name for you than The Arbiter.

Retroman is a comic/story character, fool.

Anyways, I'm more than half way done with Rock Raiders now. I've got two more layers to go before I tackle the last cavern.
Old timer

#23 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Member
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Ocelot @ Apr 19 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction. I've been meaning to buy it for a while but I've always had something else to keep me busy. I've also been meaning to buy a Dual Shock 3 for a while, but they've always been far too expensive. Then all of a sudden a store named Harvey Norman offers game and controller for the original price of the controller, so I snatched that sucker up. The game's great so far. It's a little repetitive, but I'm unlocking new weapons at an incredible rate so it never gets boring. I've never played Ratchet & Clank or Jak & Daxter or Sly Raccoon before, so this is my first taste of the big three Playstation platformers.

That was the first PS3 game I got. Then my PS3 got stolen, with all of my save data. It's a real pity you never played any of the Ratchet and Clank or Jak series, because they were amazing (I can't speak for Sly, never played it). Jak 2 and Ratchet and Clank 3 are the 3rd best and 2nd best games on PS2, IMO (MGS3 is the best).

#24 swisscheese

swisscheese

Rookie

• 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

ikariam. best lvl of town is 20, if you were wondering to join, link is www.ikariam.org
if you do join, join on server beta. i'm on it called swisscheese
Posted Image

#25 Dense_Electric

Dense_Electric

It's pretty much the most metal thing ever.

• Nova Member
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:35 PM

Just finished Banjo Kazooie on the 360, and I finally found those last four notes I could never find on Rusty Bucket Bay on the N64 (they were up the anchor hole of the ship).

ponyavatar.jpg

#26 Mr. 1337

Mr. 1337

Avenged Sevenfold Fan

• 322 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:36 AM

Banjo Kazooie N&B
Halo 3(If anyone wants to play ill be on later my gamertag is wickedweasal1)
CoD4
And of course
Banjo Kazooie

Tear down these steadfast walls

#27 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (Exan Revile @ Apr 19 2009, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Meh. I love old games, mostly because they're preserved. They have not just the "oldies" thing going for them. They had dreams, and skill, and just interest. Monkey Island, No One Lives Forever, Might and Magic II, Beyond Good and Evil, Megaman 1, American McGee's Alice, etc.

I put so much time in the past to the N64, and all that. And as much as I cherish my Wii, or my 360, or my DS, they'll still never hold that charm that a yellow trident-shaped controller and years of fun with the neighbors will ever hold. A time when you had to blow on your cartridges to get dust out was true beauty. When you had to take care of them, instead of dishing them into a case and letting them disappear forever.

When creativity was at the reigns, not the need for money. That's why I try out independent games and all that. I like when a team takes its first whack at a game, and they use their ideas instead of history of past games and their success ratings.

Video Games can be art and fun, so cherish the best ones.

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Apr 19 2009, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyways, I'm more than half way done with Rock Raiders now. I've got two more layers to go before I tackle the last cavern.

I hate the Ice Caverns. Worrying about breathing and all that stinks. I like just digging in dirt and lava areas, and rubble. And when chief says stuff "Loose Rock". "Haaarrdd Rock". "RRRRUUUBBLLLE" tongue.gif

giphy.gif

#28 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (The Arbiter @ Apr 19 2009, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate the Ice Caverns. Worrying about breathing and all that stinks. I like just digging in dirt and lava areas, and rubble. And when chief says stuff "Loose Rock". "Haaarrdd Rock". "RRRRUUUBBLLLE" tongue.gif

Thats actually Docs when you go across the different types of walls. Chief says things like "Ore Seam" and "Energy Crystal Seam" and "Slimy Slug Hole." tongue.gif Also, all the missions past the first ice mission where you need the support station sap you of air.
Old timer

#29 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:29 AM

Are you sure? I remember one time in this Lava chamber that my air didn't decrease at all.

giphy.gif

#30 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:31 AM

Very few will not have your oxygen decrease. Either way, though, I can't wait for the last cavern. Thats the one with 100+ crystals, meaning I can build about four or five support stations and have 40-50 Rock Raiders on station. With heavy duty mining operations, I usually have one Chrome Crusher, two Loader Dozers, and either two or four transport trucks.
Old timer

#31 The Godfather

The Godfather

hello i am master chief lololololololol

• -244 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:42 AM

KotOR (For the trillionth time)
Oblivion (Third time)
Fallout 3 (I still can't decide on whether I should blow up Megaton or not)
Assassin's Creed

Edited by The Godfather, 19 April 2009 - 04:43 AM.

Posted Image

#32 Void Viper

Void Viper

Sergeant

• 1,075 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:30 AM

Legend of Zelda TP (first time)
Legend of Zelda OoT ((OMG two Zelda's at once ph34r.gif )fourth time)
Megaman Battle network 5 (fourth time)
Posted Image

#33 XeroCataclysm

XeroCataclysm

Little Lion Man

• Nova Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:21 AM

Well I recently got Halo Wars so that. Halo 3 multiplayer with some friends is always fun, and I've been playing more recently because of Mythic. I've also picked Fallout 3 back up after getting it back from a friend so i can finish up the quests and get the rest of the karma ones, also download the DLC. Also Left 4 Dead is pretty fun to play with a few of my buddies.

"Darkness is a harsh term don't you think."

#34 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Apr 19 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very few will not have your oxygen decrease. Either way, though, I can't wait for the last cavern. Thats the one with 100+ crystals, meaning I can build about four or five support stations and have 40-50 Rock Raiders on station. With heavy duty mining operations, I usually have one Chrome Crusher, two Loader Dozers, and either two or four transport trucks.

Last cavern if you dig deep enough there's a crapload of rock monsters, or i think there was as well as plenty of crystals.
I played it when I was younger and slimy slugs were so annoying they drain crystals quickly, so durable to any beam, and ingnore electrical fences, and I didn't always have people carrying the thing that repels them onhand not to mention I can't have my camera everywhere at once.

Ontopic: Going back to Battlefield 2142 now.
What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#35 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:38 PM

I've beaten the game before, just a bit of nostalgia.
Old timer

#36 Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Corporal

• Nova Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:13 AM

I've been playing Resident Evil 5 since Easter, and have been playing through Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the past several weeks, I just can't get enough of it.

#37 Kikayoaka

Kikayoaka

There must be some way out of here

• Banned
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:10 AM

I just started the Shivering Isles part of a Oblivion, pretty good so far.

#38 Veloranen

Veloranen

I came out of Lurkdom for this?

• 675 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:11 AM

Well, last week I finally got around to getting Rock Band 2, so me and my buds have been playing that a ton lately... however, after Steam finishes this download, I'll be playing a ton of TF2 biggrin.gif .

Posted Image

#39 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:28 AM

Currently playing Garry's Mod, and TF2 pretty much all the time. And also Chrono Trigger, Sonic the Hedgehog, and... That's about it at the moment.

#40 Evil Eye Guy

Evil Eye Guy

Too legit to quit

• 1,537 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (Rune Walsh @ Apr 21 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And also Chrono Trigger

I just beat Magus, only took me one go, but it sure burns through your MP.

In a world built sky-scraper over slum; the city is about to go UNDER

|D i v i s i o N|

A Cyberpunk Text-Adventure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users