• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#41 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

If I wasn't so busy hyping over XCOM 2's release in roughly six hours, I'd be drooling over that trailer more than I already have. I could use more visceral action-y shooters after stocking up on more tactical FPS's...

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#42 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:15 PM

wwPHSKh.png

If you're TL;DW on the trailer, or just didn't see it earlier when Herb posted it, I'm just bumping it up here. DOOM releases on May 13th, 2016.

(Gore Warning)

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#43 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

>implying ME: A actually stands a chance of releasing this year. I have it pegged for a delay into spring 2017 at just about any time now.

Bioware (and EA in general) has been good with release dates recently.  I can see it coming out on time, especially given the time they had to work on it.

BUUUUUUUUUUT that's a discussion for a different topic.

Anyway, the new Doom not only looks amazing just from what we've seen so far, but just from the little clips here and there, it really looks like it is staying true to the old school feel of the Doom games.  Definitely going to be interesting how this turns out.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#44 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:26 PM

So uh... this fan trailer is the best thing ever.

(BLOOD AND GUTS OBV)

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#45 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:05 AM

So uh... this fan trailer is the best thing ever.

(BLOOD AND GUTS OBV)

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait....

THAT WAS FAN MADE?

That looked like it could have been an official one.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#46 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:38 AM

It's clips from the official trailers, tied together in a different way by a fan. :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#47 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:35 AM

There's confirmation that the DOOM reboot will run at 1080p/60FPS across the board for every platform it's on.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

#48 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:21 PM

Id's doing a poll for reverse cover art for Doom.

I've already chosen for all of you: Option B

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#49 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:27 AM

https://youtu.be/kNFUAH3V1U4

DOOM multiplayer trailer. The Alpha was any indication, this is gonna be a blast.

It actually has a good chance of staying power. Between Doom and Halo 5, the Arena Shooter is poised to make a comeback in a big way.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#50 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

I wonder how many more demons there are for multiplayer. We have the Revenant, Mancubus, Hell Knight and a super Imp? Now we just need a mini-Cyber Demon :D

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#51 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:35 AM

I wonder how many more demons there are for multiplayer. We have the Revenant, Mancubus, Hell Knight and a super Imp? Now we just need a mini-Cyber Demon :D

The big red one is the Baron of Hell. Hell Knights used to be reskins of Barons in Doom 2, but it appears they've adopted the D3 design to differentiate them.

It makes sense nearly all the Demons will be usable. I'd wager Cyberdemon and Spiderdemon are the only two that won't be allowed.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#52 Xero

Xero

Quad Damage

• Nova Member
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

"Quad Damage"

Yessss. This pleases me.

#53 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:56 AM

I don't know how I feel about this announcer.  He just sounds so out of place for an FPS announcer, especially for something like Doom.  The big two that spring to mind for me, and the ones that really work, is the Halo announcer and the old Quake announcer.  And that one would fit quite well with Doom.

Then again, the Triple kill and Avenger announcements did sound a little different then when it said "Demon Rune Spawned".

5Sa8Z49.gif

#54 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:37 AM

Sorry for the double post, but BethSoft has announced the multiplayer modes.  Standard ones like TDM are still in, but the ones they give more focused to are new one, such as Warpath, a moving hill type King of the Hill mode, and Freeze Tag (silly name for a mode in Doom), an elimination style mode where kill freezes your enemy and you can thaw out your teammates to bring them back.  Round ends when one team is frozen.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#55 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:10 PM

So the closed beta is Pre-downloadable right now, and you can already access the menus and such.

Gamestop will be giving out codes to enter over the weekend if you wanna play it.

Here's some look into the customization. It's Quite robust. Or at least, will be upon release.

Armor options:

RDsQLg3.png

Armor DETAIL options (Also these also apply to your WEAPONS as well :D)

sr9hZXV.png

As demonstrated by my (poor) attempt at a weapon skin, I was not lying about the weapons having the same options:

mMxL3H8.png

I can't wait for tomorrow night and this weekend!

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#56 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:54 PM

You guys. You guys. YOU GUYS. This game is freaking awesome.

3mqHSjB.png

dbMnuAv.png

wgAB4wN.png

VYwZ3gz.png

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#57 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:22 AM

Wait, that's Doom? I clicked into this thread and honest to God thought I was in the Halo topic. The armor even has the same weirdly oversaturated looking blue as the newest Halo game (I forget which number we're on now). Maybe that was your intention, in which case you did a good job. My initial reaction was, "Man that new Halo helmet looks exactly like Dead Space, or the Cerberus ninjas from Mass Effect 3." Not the most original design... :P The whole chestplate of the armor looks very Halo as well.

But hey, good to know it's fun. I wouldn't mind a new Halo-looking shooter - especially on PC - to blow off some steam now and then.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#58 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:03 AM

Wait, that's Doom? I clicked into this thread and honest to God thought I was in the Halo topic. The armor even has the same weirdly oversaturated looking blue as the newest Halo game (I forget which number we're on now). Maybe that was your intention, in which case you did a good job. My initial reaction was, "Man that new Halo helmet looks exactly like Dead Space, or the Cerberus ninjas from Mass Effect 3." Not the most original design... :P The whole chestplate of the armor looks very Halo as well.

But hey, good to know it's fun. I wouldn't mind a new Halo-looking shooter - especially on PC - to blow off some steam now and then.

You know what one YouTuber said about the new Doom?  It's like Halo and Gears of War had a baby that was on Sterioids.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#59 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:27 AM

It plays more like older shooters such as Quake 3 and Unreal. With some of the more recent gameplay stuff from FPSes as of late.

Fast movement speed, no reloading, special melee executions when near death, double jumping, mantling. All that good stuff.

An then drop in the ability to morph into a demon upon picking up a Demon Rune, and a TDM game quickly becomes a juggernaut match from Halo.

This game seriously has the potential to be one of the best MP shooters in years.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#60 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:25 PM

Get ready to shuffle off of your mortal coil, scum. Repeatedly.
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users