NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ATTENTION: Site Sneak-Peek and Wylfgard LEGO Gallery Cleanup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:15 AM

Just a heads-up to those of you who actually look at the galleries here on the forum:

Due to major changes made to many important Wylfgard characters such as Tom and Magnus, the images (and the descriptions for them) have been deleted from their galleries. Their galleries will also undergo various edits.

This is to make way for the new and improved versions of their characters (and minifigs) that will be coming soon, along with the Wylfgard official site, as well as more official minifigs of Wylfgard characters, such as those in The Legend of the Five series.

As for the sneak peak of the upcoming Wylfgard website, Scorp and I are still making pages and content, but just to stir up some discussion (and to see what people think), I'm going to go ahead and post the link to the Beta version of the main page.

Click here

Yes, there are many things you will notice immediately as being strange (such as BLA BLA BLA and the fact that under Story there is only the test text of a speech), but the banner and buttons are the main attraction anyway. All of the artwork was done by Scorp, including the logo. Be sure to scroll over the buttons and get a feel for how the site will work so that you can easily navigate on it when there's some content up! wink.gif

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:22 AM

Me gusta el pajaro.

The buttons need to make obnoxious sounds though! They need to make sword clangy noises and wolves snarling and Sam Neill!

But seriously, I opened the page and was like, "Snap. A crow." It was pretty scary.

Edited by Sir_Muffonious, 20 June 2009 - 10:22 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (Sir_Muffonious @ Jun 20 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me gusta el pajaro.

The buttons need to make obnoxious sounds though! They need to make sword clangy noises and wolves snarling and Sam Neill!

But seriously, I opened the page and was like, "Snap. A crow." It was pretty scary.

Good to hear. I like him, too. That was Scorp's idea; heh.

Hmm, good idea...

It's a raven, silly. tongue.gif I was going to say be sure your volume isn't up to high when you open the page, but then I decided it might not be as fun... heheh. Also your video was most... absurd.

Thanks for the comments, though, Muffo. I'll be sure to talk to Scorp about obnoxious sounds - I think we could use some of those. tongue.gif

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#4 Iron Corsair

Iron Corsair

Forever Alone

• 1,362 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

It looks like a really good set up, Wolfy! But I have to say the sound is weird.

Edited by Iron Corsair, 20 June 2009 - 10:35 AM.

#5 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:24 AM

The Raven needs to be a secret link that leads to a secret page about WereRavens or something like that. tongue.gif

Posted Image

#6 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

Very nice. I actually quite like the raven. It gives a lot of character to thew night sky, as do the clouds and moon. I love the little links, like an ancient (Greek?) forum, a gaming arena with gladiators or something, and stuff like that. Those were my favorites. I also love the wolf head. The introduction is awesome. I can't wait for it to be fully up. Wow. Really awesome. wink.gif

#7 Greyfox327

Greyfox327

• 181 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

Wow. Very, very cool. I really can't wait for it. The stained glass title looks really good, and the links look great too. Gives it a lot of character. Can't wait for the site to be up, though. I love reading the lore of the Nova Refuge universe, and I'm sure I'll enjoy reading the Wylfgard lore too. Can't wait, Wolfy. Looking great so far.

Edit: Did I mention I can't wait? tongue.gif

Edited by Greyfox327, 20 June 2009 - 12:51 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

You'll display my Fanart, won't you? unsure.gif

Yeah, I'm an attention seeker laugh.gif

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#9 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Iron Corsair @ Jun 20 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like a really good set up, Wolfy! But I have to say the sound is weird.

A good kind of weird or a bad kind of weird?

QUOTE (Sir_Muffonious @ Jun 20 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Raven needs to be a secret link that leads to a secret page about WereRavens or something like that. tongue.gif

Yeah, he's marked as a button right now, but so far he doesn't lead anywhere. tongue.gif He might someday, though... th_shiftyninja.gif

QUOTE (Lightning McCoy @ Jun 20 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice. I actually quite like the raven. It gives a lot of character to thew night sky, as do the clouds and moon. I love the little links, like an ancient (Greek?) forum, a gaming arena with gladiators or something, and stuff like that. Those were my favorites. I also love the wolf head. The introduction is awesome. I can't wait for it to be fully up. Wow. Really awesome. wink.gif

Thanks, Bolty! Glad you like it.

QUOTE (Greyfox327 @ Jun 20 2009, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. Very, very cool. I really can't wait for it. The stained glass title looks really good, and the links look great too. Gives it a lot of character. Can't wait for the site to be up, though. I love reading the lore of the Nova Refuge universe, and I'm sure I'll enjoy reading the Wylfgard lore too. Can't wait, Wolfy. Looking great so far.

Edit: Did I mention I can't wait? tongue.gif

Heh, thanks to you too, Fox. I'm glad all of you like it so far. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Richard @ Jun 20 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You'll display my Fanart, won't you? unsure.gif

Yeah, I'm an attention seeker laugh.gif

Yes, of course. It'll be in a fan art section, under Artwork. wink.gif But what'd you think of the site itself so far? tongue.gif

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#10 Red Viper

Red Viper

...In Progress...

• Nova Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

I didn't even notice the Raven, but I agree that it should be a secret link to something. I love the design, and the artwork. I think you should tell Scorp to update the Artwork section of saber-scorpion.com. He has so much talent, but feels he has the right not to share it with us. I guess now that the site is coming alone the first LotF book won't be far behind? This means that I have to start writing again and of course do some Wylfgard artwork.

Question:
Why is The Story section on the front page in spanish.

#11 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Red Viper @ Jun 21 2009, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Question:
Why is The Story section on the front page in spanish.

Actually it's in Latin... and that's just standard test text. We haven't written a section for it yet, like I said; that's why it's just a test page. tongue.gif

As for the first LotF book, I hope to finish it as soon as possible, yes. Don't expect that to be terribly soon (certainly not anytime this summer), unfortunately... still, I'm certainly working on it. wink.gif

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#12 Iron Corsair

Iron Corsair

Forever Alone

• 1,362 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:54 PM

A good kind of weird or a bad kind of weird?

When you scroll over the icons, that was the weird sound, but it was weird in a good way.

#13 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Iron Corsair @ Jun 21 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you scroll over the icons, that was the weird sound, but it was weird in a good way.

Umm, we didn't put any sound for scrolling over the icons. th_shiftyninja.gif The only sound effect on the test page is the raven, who calls every 20 seconds (and whenever you finish loading a page on the site).

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#14 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:50 AM

It sure is purdy, though you might was to make the walls seem more stony.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#15 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 03:20 AM

Hmmm..... The page is very nice actually. The Raven crow was actually a nice addition. and as Sir_Muffo said the wolf sound would be cool, like howling, and along with that there can be a small wind sound. Also as people scroll over the categories there could be the sword clanging(as said by Muffo).
but so far its pretty awesome.

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#16 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (Richard @ Jun 21 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It sure is purdy, though you might was to make the walls seem more stony.

Kay. I'll see what Scorp can do. tongue.gif

QUOTE (fire-fox526 @ Jun 21 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm..... The page is very nice actually. The Raven crow was actually a nice addition. and as Sir_Muffo said the wolf sound would be cool, like howling, and along with that there can be a small wind sound. Also as people scroll over the categories there could be the sword clanging(as said by Muffo).
but so far its pretty awesome.

Thanks. biggrin.gif Yeah, we were planning to add exactly those two, actually... wolf howls and wind as our other two ambient noises. I'll talk to Scorp about button sounds, too.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#17 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:52 AM

Oh jesus, the crow/raven thing scared me. ph34r.gif

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#18 Iron Corsair

Iron Corsair

Forever Alone

• 1,362 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (Captain James T. Kirk @ Jun 21 2009, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm, we didn't put any sound for scrolling over the icons. th_shiftyninja.gif The only sound effect on the test page is the raven, who calls every 20 seconds (and whenever you finish loading a page on the site).

That's weird. blink.gif It made this raspy, sound similar to sharpening a sword.

The raven's call is a very nice touch though.

#19 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (Iron Corsair @ Jun 21 2009, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's weird. blink.gif It made this raspy, sound similar to sharpening a sword.

Really. I don't recall that. ohmy.gif

#20 Crackers

Crackers

NEW EARTH - RICK FETTORIAN'S STORY

• Banned
  • 785 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

That raven is horrifyingly terrifying, sending the deepest fears I have down my spine.

I'd suggest that you move the time that it sounds to like, somewhere other then when you open the page. I like the searchlight-thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users