Fallout Equestria

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Acid Ant

Acid Ant

The Insomniac

• 236 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

Hi gang (man I haven't been here in a while) I just wanted to point out an awesome fan fiction series that I have recently finished reading by the name of Fallout Equestria. As you might of gathered from the name this is a fan fiction that ties together MLP and Fallout. 

Here is a brief intro:

Equestria went to war and a megaspell exchange devestated the world. Some predicted the risk and built the Stables, bomb shelters that could sustain small populations for generations. After closing shut on the day of the megaspell exchange, the Stables eventually reopened on a bleak, irradiated landscape, except Stable 2, which did not open for two centuries...

I found it to be extremely enthralling and read through it in less than a month which due to its size is a acomplishment in my eyes, and have also read fan fictions that have been set in the same universe. 

Here is the link to the wiki which contains links to different ways of reading the book and lots of other cool stuff.

-link removed-

#2 Pterodactyl

Pterodactyl

*screech*

• 1,454 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

I... am amazed. I'm not entirely sure how to respond to that. That is wonderful. I just read the first few pages and was amazed. I don't even like MLP. This is certainly interesting.

-Pterodactyl

#3 Acid Ant

Acid Ant

The Insomniac

• 236 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

To be honest this is what got me into MLP. I was listening to the audio version on the bus with my friend not know that it was pony related which caused me to start reading. After reading the entire thing I watched the series and then understood who the majority of who the pre-fallout characters were. 

It isn't essential but watching up to season 2 of MLP Friendship Is Magic will give you background on most of the characters.

#4 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

POPULAR

I'll be completely honest here with my opinion...

Most fanfiction is bloody horrible. Especially My Little Pony fanfiction. But Fallout Equestria really takes the cake for me. It's most vocal fans are obnoxious fangirls who tried to get it on Wikipedia's Biggest Literary Works page, and the fic itself is an ugly, ill-thought out piece of GRIMDERP wank, and is more often than not GRIMDERP for the sake of being GRIMDERP, despite the scenario being literally impossible in the show's Universe.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#5 Acid Ant

Acid Ant

The Insomniac

• 236 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Just because the people who like it are "obnoxious fangirls" doesn't mean that it isn't a good read, and I have never heard of any nonsense about what they do. To me its just a book and I look at it in such a way.

The story is supposed to be dark, it is set in a post apocalyptic environment after all. Also if you think the original story is to dark you should read Project Horizons.

Also the scenario is a mix between MLP and Fallout creating a new universe just with characters and base story from MLP.

Edited by Acid Ant, 14 January 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#6 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

>sees people having an alarmingly-serious-looking-debate starting over an MLP fanfic

2el9ov6.jpg

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#7 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:43 AM

I like Fallout and I like ponies, but I can't say the same for this combination. I've heard some pretty bad things about this fan fiction. Let's just say that if it were posted here on SSLF it would be breaking several rules regarding adult language and content. In a story about My Little Ponies.

Sooo, sorry Ant, but I'm locking this down. :lockie:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users