69 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,886 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

Posted Image

THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN MET. CONTEST IS CLOSED FOR NEW ENTRIES.

"That's no joke - it's a rope, Tuco."

The LEGO company is constantly coming out with movie-based sets now: Star Wars, Harry Potter, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Avengers, and Lord of the Rings are just a few!
I also have many television and movie-based creations and decals on my website, including Star Trek, Serenity, Stargate, and Die Hard!

So this contest is simple: re-create a scene from any of your favorite movies (or TV shows) using LEGO bricks and minifigs, and enter it here! It's just like the previous LEGO Video Game Vignette Contest, which turned out some truly awesome winners... only movies instead!

RULES
=====
- Entry must be based on a particular scene from a film. It can also be based on a TV show or cartoon, but not a video game or book, even if the video game or book is based on a film franchise. If you can include a picture of the movie scene you're re-creating, it would be helpful!
- Entry must be made of LEGO. Non-LEGO-brand parts like MegaBloks should be used sparingly. Customized minifigs with 3rd-party accessories are acceptable, of course.
- Entry can be any size you want, at any scale you want (minifig, microfig, etc.). If there are enough entries, I may create size categories like Vignette and Diorama, but we'll see.
- Use of Decals, Brickarms, or other items from my Shop is encouraged, but not required. It will not affect your score. ;)
- You can enter as many times as you like, and you may submit "old" MOCs built previously, as long as they were not entered in a previous contest here on SSLF.
- Try not to pick a movie scene that would be strongly objectionable for any reason. If you are not sure, run the idea by me first.

HOW TO ENTER
=============
Just post a link to your creation right here in this thread! You can make a topic about it here on SSLF in our LEGO boards and link to that topic, or you can link to another site like Flickr, MOCpages, or Brickshelf. If you can also provide an image of the movie scene you are re-creating, it would be appreciated.

If you do not want to post your entry here for whatever reason, you may email it to sales@saber-scorpion.com

JUDGING & PRIZES
================
A panel of judges will be chosen from the SSLF Moderators and Nova Members. Do not ask to be a judge yet - just wait until you see a topic about it in the Watchtower or Cantina Nova.

I will be one of the judges. The rest will be listed here later. The judges will look for entries that are well-built, creative, and accurate to the scene they are meant to portray. Their ratings will be averaged to choose the winner(s).

Three winners will receive a medal icon added to their SSLF account, and a discount code for the Saber-Scorpion's Lair Shop. Two runners up will also get discount codes. Other prizes may be added later.

Our panel of judges:
  • Saber-Scorpion
  • Maverick-Werewolf
  • Lightning
  • Akira Hannah
  • Tr0jin H0rse

DEADLINE
========
The current deadline is August 15.
THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN MET. CONTEST IS CLOSED FOR NEW ENTRIES.

ENTRIES
========
RESULTS: CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE WINNERS!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#2 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

Yes, I love these contests! Count me in for sure... I just need to think of a good movie scene.

#3 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

I might do this. We'll see.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#4 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

I'm already setting up 2 movie scenes. I am hoping to get a Star Wars one prepared because that would probably be my best bet.

#5 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Oooh! I'll sure try to get something posted!

emily-blunt.gif

#6 Maximazed

Maximazed

Private

• 60 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

I totally just created a scene from The Big Lebowski in LDD. Too bad I don't have the parts to actually build it :(

#7 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

Haha if we could use LDD I'd be able to make a much better scene for my first entry. Is there a limit on how many entries we can have?

#8 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Haha if we could use LDD I'd be able to make a much better scene for my first entry. Is there a limit on how many entries we can have?

"- You can enter as many times as you like, and you may submit "old" MOCs built previously, as long as they were not entered in a previous contest here on SSLF."

;)

#9 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

Oh goodie. I am working on my second already. :P It is kind of hard for me because most of my minifig collection/parts are for Star Wars guys. I need to find a good scene from the Original trilogy I might still have enough of my Death Star intact to make a small vignette.

#10 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

OT would be cool to see. I finally have my scene... you guys are going to love it!

#11 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

Gimme a hint, pleeease!
And I am almost done with the pictures for my first entry, I decided to call it a night however and finish tomorrow. Like a :scorp2:

#12 TommyMeetZombie

TommyMeetZombie

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Can I Use A Movie Based On A Game?
~R-293

Posted Image
MysteryBlue & TommyMeetZombie
Born In Flames

#13 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Can I Use A Movie Based On A Game?
~R-293

As long as it is based off of a scene from the movie, and not the game.

#14 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,886 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

- Yava is correct about the movie/game thing. Movie based on a game is fine. Game based on a movie is not. ;)

- You can go ahead and post LDD entries, I guess, but I encourage building with real bricks whenever possible. :P

Also, here's an entry someone asked me to post for them (because they're on vacation):

Posted Image
Grimes (Black Hawk Down) by Joeman

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#15 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

Yay I'm right! Would things like the Halo short films back from the Halo 3 days that everyone called a Halo movie trailer be counted as movies?

#16 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

Here's my entry, though I might do one or two more at some point:

DOOM- Nanowall Defense
"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#17 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9186
http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9187

#18 The Brick Guy

The Brick Guy

Rookie

• 11 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

POPULAR

Over 9000

Posted Image

"Vegeta, what does the Scouter say about his power level?!"

Posted Image

"It's over 9000!"

Posted Image

"What, 9000? There's no way that can be right!"

Yes, the classic Dragonball Z scene in Lego! Vegeta's hair and armor are custom pieces made by Breakthrough Armory. If you haven't watched the original scene, shame on you! ;)

My Flickr My Youtube
"If that hand touches metal, then I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you!"

#19 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

Where did you get those parts???

#20 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

Where did you get those parts???

Yes, the classic Dragonball Z scene in Lego! Vegeta's hair and armor are custom pieces made by Breakthrough Armory. If you haven't watched the original scene, shame on you! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users