Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

THE RESULTS ARE IN!
Final scores

FIRST PLACE: Cutlass-Crocodile's "Gauntlet": 9.625/10

SECOND PLACE: Thrawnie's "Baldur's Gate II": 9.5

THIRD PLACE: Night Hawk's "Nazi Zombies": 8.875

FOURTH PLACE: O'Mulriain's "Team Fortress 2": 8.75

FIFTH PLACE: Onelegopiece's "Call of Duty 2: Pointe du Hoc": 8.667

List of judges: (final scores are averages of all judges' ratings)
Saber-Scorpion
Darth_Phaedrus
880_ZERO
Dense_Electric
Ter Loki
The Squirrel
Fire-fox
El Taco

Open the spoiler button below to see the final scores for ALL entries, with comments from some of the judges:
Spoiler

I'm working on sending out the prizes right now. Thanks to everyone who entered, and congratulations to our winners!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#2 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

First off, I want to thank Scorp for running the contest, I had a blast!
Second, I want to thank the judges, your constructive-criticism will help me build better! So, next time (If there is a next time… ) because of you guys, I’ll hopefully place higher!
Lastly, I want to congratulate the winners! You certainly earned your prizes and I can't think of a more deserving entry for first place then Croc's!

emily-blunt.gif

#3 CJCutrone13

CJCutrone13

Rookie

• 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

Thank you judges for taking the time to judge and thank you Scorps for posting what the judges thought of everyone's creation.. Now I have some constructive critisism...
You lookin at me punk?

#4 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

Man, such a ridiculous wealth of good entries. Way to go to the winners, especially, the ones that placed all blew my mind. :D

A very cool contest.

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#5 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

Okay, I've handed out all the medals now, for both this contest and the previous storytelling one. They should appear on your awards plaque under your avatar and rank icon. If you already had something in that spot, you may need to refresh a few times for the medal to show up. If I forgot you or made any other mistakes, please let me know.

Also, Wolfy has PM'ed the winners with their discount codes. ;)

Man, such a ridiculous wealth of good entries. Way to go to the winners, especially, the ones that placed all blew my mind. :D

A very cool contest.

Indeed it was! I was very pleased with all the great entries we got. I may have to do this kind of thing again soon. Perhaps movies next time, instead of games? Hmm...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#6 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

Congrats to Croc, I totally predicted that you'd win. :P

Indeed it was! I was very pleased with all the great entries we got. I may have to do this kind of thing again soon. Perhaps movies next time, instead of games? Hmm...

Noooo! Vehicle design contest! Vehicle. Design. Contest.

:P

2004-2018

#7 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:42 AM

Thanks for the congratulations, guys! And Congratulations to all the other people who won awards! You guys totally deserved 'em!
Also thanks for your judging, judges. It takes a special kind of person to step aside and look at the entries in an unbiased manner.
Great job to all the contestants, too! You guys churned out some great builds! And made it a real surprise to me when I found I had stolen first place... which is hard for me to believe, still.

And thank you, Scorpy, for hosting the contest, your generous prizes, and that insanely awesome golden controller medal... It's adorable! I'll cherish it always. :P

I may have to do this kind of thing again soon. Perhaps movies next time, instead of games? Hmm...

Yes! That would be wicked! I'd totally enter that!

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#8 Freeloh

Freeloh

Good thing the Restoration made this tech so easy to use!

• 256 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:34 AM

Movies? Yes, please. I think I already know the exact movie I'd be doing. :3 Or books? That has some great potential, considering the greater freedom it would give us. I have a few ideas for that as well. Let's just say I'm prepared and excited. ;)

On topic, though. The winning entries were good, indeed. I can't argue with them, really. Well, I could, because I didn't win anything, but... :P Either way, I'm cool with eighth place, and the judges did do a pretty good job of picking the entries for the most part, it seems. This was certainly a fun contest, that actually convinced me to post something for once, so I do hope to see more like it. :)

Edited by Freeloh, 14 July 2011 - 04:36 AM.

Posted Image
Click the image to see my art topic!

#9 Onelegopiece

Onelegopiece

Rookie

• Nova Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:38 AM

Sorry for only thanking all the judges now but I had and still have very limited internet access, I am very grateful for placing :DDD Thank you all!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users