The LEGO Video Game Vignette Contest
Create a LEGO vignette or diorama based on a video game. That’s really all there is to it.
- Your vignette can be almost any size. If I get enough entries, I may make different size categories so that very small vigs do not end up competing with very large dioramas.
- The scene you depict in your vignette or diorama can be straight from the video game, taken from the game's lore (novels, comics, other spinoffs), or even a 'fan fiction' type scene as long as it is recognizably based on the game in question.
- If you use decals from my shop, great! But they are not required. Your minifigs can be customized or purist, whichever you prefer. Just make sure they are LEGO minifigs. No MegaBloks 'figs, please.
- Your vignette should be able to stand on its own, without photo editing. You can include some edited photos in your entry, but you must also include at least one overall shot with no Photoshopping at all.
- While not explicitly required, I'd love it if you could post your creation in the LEGO board here on SSLF. Either way, you must link to your entry (where ever it is posted) in the Entries Topic.
- You may enter multiple vignettes, but only one of them can place. So while entering more than once might increase your chances of winning, it won't earn you multiple prizes. The judges will choose only your "best" creation to be a winner.
I will be the main judge for the contest, but I will also be accepting other judges from the ranks of the Admins, Mods, and Nova Members. Possibly freebies too, but the others get first dibs. All creations will be judged on originality, accuracy, quality, and overall coolness.
All of the final scores by each judge will be averaged to come up with the winners.
Everyone who places will get a prize "medal" under their username here on the forums. The first place winner will get a code for 20% off a single order from the Saber-Scorpion's Lair Shop. Second place winners will get a 15% off code, and third place winners 10% off. Whether or not there will be fourth place winners has not been decided. I may also add a bonus grand prize of some kind, but I haven't decided what.
HOW TO ENTER:
Step 1: Post your creation in The Construction Zone here on SSLF.
Step 2: Post a reply in the Contest Entries Topic with a link to your post in the Construction Zone.
Some time in June. Exact day variable.
Please reply with any comments.
The results are in! See them all here: