Storytelling Entries!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#21 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

Ugh, I guess I'll have to wait until the next contest then. I'm not even done with the prologue yet.

#22 Sir Solitaire

Sir Solitaire

Plumber

• Nova Member
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:49 AM

Hi guys! Just dropping in to say that I'm setting the deadline tentatively to April 15. Which is my brother's birthday. And also tax day.

I may still be willing to extend it if you're writing up 'til the last minute, but I'm definitely ending the contest some time in April. Plan your future accordingly. :P

Thanks!

Sweet. I have my third chapter written, I just need to find the dricve to type it into my computer and upload it. Heh.

Also: Can I toss in a fourth chapter? Chapters 1-3 pretty much build Aegir with Chapter 4 starting his first few missions.

gplus-1832912543.gif

Non ergo in te vocabo

#23 Semiautomagic

Semiautomagic

Truth is singular, its "versions" are mistruths.

• 609 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:47 AM

I'm going to have to back out of the contest. I've got a job now and I just don't have the time.

robin-car-dance-o.gif
Semiautomagical Writings:

Don't Bring Grenades to School

#24 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,114 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:55 AM

Crap... now I am paying for my month-long thinking about one damn conversation, when I am still in the start! I must really start posting the chapters faster :P

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#25 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:00 AM

I'm going to have to back out of the contest. I've got a job now and I just don't have the time.

This. Plus both of my ideas sucked :unsure:

#26 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,919 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:30 AM

Come on, guys! If you've only finished part of your entry, you could at least enter that part! :P I was hoping for a few entries here.

But if you don't have time, I understand. Just edit the links out of your original posts, or I will count them as an entry.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#27 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:01 AM

My entry is totally still in. 100%. It should be up in a few days, just as one big part. ^_^

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#28 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:31 AM

Could we extend to the end of the month please? :)

I host the SSLF Minecraft Server. Head on over to Red Base to get added to the whitelist. If you would like to help out with paying the hosting bills, please do donate.

Also, have you considered becoming a Nova Member?

#29 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,114 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:33 AM

Saber-Scorpion, I have one question on NR, which will help me in writing my story. Can you look on it in NR Q/A topic?

#30 Sir Solitaire

Sir Solitaire

Plumber

• Nova Member
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

Entry complete. Link is on the first page. Chapters 1-3 are up.

gplus-1832912543.gif

Non ergo in te vocabo

#31 Horatius

Horatius

I am smarter in the books

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:05 AM

My Nova Refuge short story, Foundation, is complete. It's right here. It ended up quite a bit longer than I expected, so I hope it's still considered short story length. I'll be away for the next week, so I needed to get it in by today. At least the deadline kept me motivated. I know El Taco and V. Metallic are still doing their Nova Refuge stories, but are we the only three?

Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods."

#32 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,114 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:17 PM

Most likely. Others ended after second entry, or even first. I dont know how far El Taco is, but I am so far in length right behind you, even I see only a small dot (you and your Foundation) on the horizont :P At least in Nova Refuge Contest section.

#33 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

I'm in the editing stages of mine. It's fourty-five pages long.. :unsure:

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#34 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,919 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

Could we extend to the end of the month please? :)

I am going to go ahead and do this now. You all have until the end of April. After that, I'm just gonna have to wrap this up. I'm looking forward to reading the entries though!

I'm still planning to start the LEGO Video Games Vignette Contest this weekend though. I'll probably give it a very long deadline also.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#35 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,114 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:21 AM

I'm still planning to start the LEGO Video Games Vignette Contest this weekend though. I'll probably give it a very long deadline also.

What? What is that?

#36 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,919 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:01 AM

Seems pretty self-explanatory... :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#37 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,114 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:56 AM

Actually, no... :blink:

#38 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

You build a Video Game Vignette, it's as self-explanatory as it gets.

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#39 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,114 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:49 PM

Maybe for you and everyone else, but I dont have LEGO, so I dont have an idea what it means, that part "vignette".

#40 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,919 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:46 AM

The LEGO community uses the word 'vignette' to describe a small scene usually built on a square base only a few studs wide, like the ones in the gallery Doodstormer linked to (click on the word "vignettes").

The objective of the contest will be to build a vignette or diorama based on a video game. ;)

(funny to think that this topic was supposed to be for entries only :P)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users