Photo

Next Contest Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Next Contest Poll (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following contests would you most like to see?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If we go with a NR Vehicle Design Contest... which faction should it be for?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#21 Dense_Electric

Dense_Electric

It's pretty much the most metal thing ever.

• Nova Member
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

As long as we do a Zygbar contest (even in conjunction with another faction) I'm happy because I have a ton of tan 1x1 cylindrical bricks I got at the LEGOLand at Downtown Disney, and I need an excuse to actually use them for something. :rolleyes:

ponyavatar.jpg

#22 Doc

Doc

Private First Class

• Nova Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

What about just a story witting contest? Since I don't think a lot of people on the forums know that much about Wulfgard and Nova Refuge. I only know a little about Nova Refuge, and nothing about Wulfgard except that its fantasy.
Off topic: Whats with all you people and these pony's?

#23 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

What about just a story witting contest? Since I don't think a lot of people on the forums know that much about Wulfgard and Nova Refuge. I only know a little about Nova Refuge, and nothing about Wulfgard except that its fantasy.

And that right there is the reason Scorp refuses to remake the old Cantina. The thing is, NR and Wulfgard are kinda the whole point to the site and forum's existence.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#24 Dense_Electric

Dense_Electric

• Nova Member
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Just becuase you don't... :rolleyes: Look at the turnout for the last three contests, I remember the Victorian one alone had something like forty enteries. What I'm saying is that lot more members are familiar with both than I think you realize. And as Loki said, Nova Refuge and Wulfgard are the single biggest reasons these forums even exist in the first place, so it's natural we should have a contest based on them.

Anyway, is there some reason we can't do a NR vehicle contest and a Wulfgard contest? I won't be entering anything writing-related (well, maybe if it were short, but I'm pretty bogged down writing-wise at the moment), but there's certainly enough of a difference to have both at once. :rolleyes:

ponyavatar.jpg

#25 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

Off topic: Whats with all you people and these pony's?

I already explained that in my post...

Why restrict it to Wulfgard or Nova Refuge, you ask? Well, because I like to read stories set in those worlds, and they are the subject matter of the site. Plus it would require most of you to write a new story from scratch, and it would add another element to the contest (staying true to existing canon) that would not be present otherwise. And hey, you can really tell nearly any kind of story you want in either of these two settings! If you would prefer to write a post-apoc tale, write about a planet that was bombed into oblivion by Helexith and left to die, thrown back into the dark ages and cut off from communication with the rest of the galaxy. If you would prefer to write a mystery or horror story, write about an Inquisitor called into a small, eerie Wulfgard village to investigate a few mysterious murders. Or just go straight-up fantasy or sci-fi tales of epic adventure. Your call!

I wouldn't go so far as to say that NR and Wulfgard are the entire reason for this site (my LEGO creations are a huge part of it), but otherwise... yeah, what they said. And it's not that hard to learn about Wulfgard and NR. They're right here! :) And I can answer questions in the FAQ topics too (and will do so more regularly if the writing contest wins).

As for the pony avatars, you'll just have to go to the thread about it in Silver Screen and ponder the phenomenon yourself. I'm afraid I have no answers for you. It is an enigma. :mellow:

Anyway, is there some reason we can't do a NR vehicle contest and a Wulfgard contest? I won't be entering anything writing-related (well, maybe if it were short, but I'm pretty bogged down writing-wise at the moment), but there's certainly enough of a difference to have both at once.

I'll probably run all of the contests listed above eventually. I'm planning to try to keep the contests much more regular from now on (probably monthly). So the runner-up will probably come after the first contest ends.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#26 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,183 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

Wulfgard/NR story contest, please? Pretty please?

And if it's done, can someone, say, enter into both categories?

lWZ8e6F.png

#27 Sir Solitaire

Sir Solitaire

Plumber

• Nova Member
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:03 AM

Wulfgard story and LEGO video game. That would be awesome.

gplus-1832912543.gif

Non ergo in te vocabo

#28 Dense_Electric

Dense_Electric

• Nova Member
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

Well seeing as it doesn't look like the NR vehicle contest is going to be picked, I changed my vote to video game vingette. I have an absolutely perfect idea. :)

ponyavatar.jpg

#29 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

.:Yavakaro Vehicle Design:.

Yavakaro is probably the least fleshed out of all the factions and the most awesome (Space Ninja's, Space Samurai, armour you can really appreciate the look of etc.) and also probably the least cliched (Sorry Scorp, but the good guy (Victory) the bad guy (Xarkon) and the guy everyone picks on (Zygbar) are quite cliched even though there are bad Victorians and good Xarkonians).

Also, I think Yavakaro ships are better because, like Apple products, they are designed to look good as well as be good. And I like Asian culture. And the Goryo is probably as smooth as you can get with Lego. And a few other reasons...

But yeh, that's my 2. Take 'em or leave 'em.

~ Golden-Star

#30 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

Tie-breaker, anyone (please vote for the storytelling contest :P)?

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#31 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

Tie-breaker. OH SNAP!

:P

Only reason why I voted for storytelling is because most of my lego collection is currently decomissioned in our attic.

EDIT: Someone countered my tie-breaker! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

#32 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

I voted for the storytelling contest. But, I don't know if I can write the story I want, 'cause I'm waiting on a reply in the Wulfgard Q&A Topic. :P

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#33 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:19 AM

EDIT: Someone countered my tie-breaker! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Hahaha! Mine is an evil laugh! :P

But seriously, it wasn't me, I voted story and design.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#34 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:44 AM

Bah! I'm planning to close this and start the winning contest tomorrow, and if it's still tied, I guess I'll have to solve it Grimm III style: by chance. Coin flip!

I voted for the storytelling contest. But, I don't know if I can write the story I want, 'cause I'm waiting on a reply in the Wulfgard Q&A Topic. :P

I'll go take a look.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#35 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,183 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:07 AM

Gorramit, I hate not having the ability to edit polls anymore!

lWZ8e6F.png

#36 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:21 AM

Bah! I'm planning to close this and start the winning contest tomorrow, and if it's still tied, I guess I'll have to solve it Grimm III style: by chance. Coin flip!

I'll go take a look.

My brother Stretch could come and vote. But I doubt he'll enter the contest.

Thanks for answering, Scorp. :)

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#37 Princess Bacon

Princess Bacon

burn the internet

• Nova Member
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:28 AM

T-T-T-T-TIE BREAKER!

#38 Surtur

Surtur

King of the Fire and Flames

• Nova Member
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:04 AM

Writing story all the way! It'd be nice to get some more recognition for Wulfgard, as well as get more people "deelved" into the canon, so that they know what they can and cant do. Its a win-win situation; Wulfgard and its lore get a popularity boost, and story-writing, for the time Ive been here, hasn't been a contest, while LEGO building has. I haev some good ideas for a Wulfgard story... ;)

#39 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

Welp, 1 AM is close enough, and most people who have posted replies want to do the storytelling contest, so we'll go with that one first. And the video game LEGO vig contest comes right after that!

Closing this now...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users