#41 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:13 AM

Buddha is correct, Doc.

Also, to those of you having trouble posting images:
Just use www.mocpages.com or Flickr. Both have very simple, straightforward systems. I really can't accept email entries. I mean, you can email me a link to the webpage, but it still has to be on a webpage somewhere. Them's the rules.

Finally, something to do with my vehicles! unfortunately, I don't really have many modern combat decals. Oh well, I can get more! Also - can I have more than one entry?

Yes, you can.

I know exactly what I want to do, but I can't do it! Unless a certain shop/site owner and forum leader I know begins selling his decals from a certain post nuclear role playing game...

All I've completed so far is the Vault jumpsuits and some raiders... but if that's all you need, send me an email.

Started my contest entry. I have a question though...
OK, so the idea is my entry is a Nova Refuge fan-fiction of sorts. It's not really a fan-fiction per se, but it sets the stage for one that I had in mind. Now, for some of the characters, I mixed and matched decaled figures to create the characters in my story. For example, one of the characters is in Mandalore's armor but with Emile's helmet. Is that OK?

That's fine, I guess. I mean, it depends on how different they look. Hopefully there will be something else also there to tie it clearly into the NR universe...?

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#42 SPARTAN II-100

SPARTAN II-100

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:01 AM

Indeed there is. Two of the characters are from Xarkon, and Nick Wolf features as well.

In fact, here's the entry right here: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/236681

Note 2: It should be ready by now

Edited by SPARTAN II-100, 15 November 2010 - 07:38 PM.

#43 gruntboy

gruntboy

Rookie

• Nova Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:59 AM

Can we do G4M3?

#44 stickfigureman

stickfigureman

Probability of mission hindrance: zero percent!

• Nova Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

i really wish i could enter this contest but i just used my money for some stuff from brickforge :(

Edited by stickfigureman, 15 November 2010 - 08:14 AM.

Nutella is best with peanutbutter

#45 marooner

marooner

• 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:50 AM

Alas, my funding fell through (looks up at sky and yells: curse you dad!) I'll still post the vehicle and mass effect characters after the contest.
No offense to him, but that (fully grown) guy was totally dressed up as a fairy.

#46 Doc

Doc

Private First Class

• Nova Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:04 AM

Umm, scorp can you lock the topic, "Contest entrance form Doc" as i am reentering with some thing else.
Its not finished yet i should have it up by weeks end, it will be posted he and at eurobricks.

#47 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:30 AM

Hey, guys! If anyone wants to do a certain post-apoc entry, here are the links to add the decals I've made so far to your shopping cart... they aren't in the shop yet, but I have them ready...

Unarmored Vault Jumpsuit ($1.00): http://www.romancart...code=PAJumpsuit
Armored Vault Jumpsuit ($1.25): http://www.romancart...PAArmorJumpsuit
Vault Security Guard Jumpsuit ($1.00): http://www.romancart...ecurityJumpsuit

NOTE: please specify what vault number you want used if you order these. The default is 13.

Can we do G4M3?

Yes, certainly.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#48 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

What are the decals for?

Fallout?

#49 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

Well they are blue jumpsuits with yellow stripes and numbers on the back, so you could always use them for a sports team jersey or something, I suppose.

Or, yes, they could conceivably be used in a Fallout-themed creation.

Posted Image

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#50 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:13 AM

Well they are blue jumpsuits with yellow stripes and numbers on the back, so you could always use them for a sports team jersey or something, I suppose.

I smell a Boom Ball game, quickly! Somebody order those decals and make that happen! It will amuse me! :P

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#51 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:50 AM

Hm... what do the others look like?

#52 Princess Bacon

Princess Bacon

burn the internet

• Nova Member
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:45 AM

Funny how I misspelled "from" as "form" in my entry topic title (yeah, I'm a pretty bad typist), and now everyone else has done it too.

#53 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

One would almost think they'd just copy and pasted yours. :lol:

Hm... what do the others look like?

The "unarmored" one is the same but without armor strapped on. And the security guard one has a black armor vest instead of all the bits and pieces. Like my Half-Life 2 security guard fig (in fact, it's pretty much the same vest).

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#54 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:45 AM

I just constructed my contest entry. I'm still dissatisfied with how the paint job on Altair's hood turned out, but whatever.

It's kind of packed, for the small amount of space in the MOC, but I think it's alright. I also threw in several scorpions from my collection, they're hiding in dark corners all over the MOC. :P

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#55 The Dingster

The Dingster

THEY'RE GONNA KNOW US WELL

• Nova Member
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:02 AM

Two things.
1. Does the vehicle or whatever have to have a decal on it? If so i cant do this...
2. Can you use more then one minifig? Im guessing this is a yes but im just making sure.

Thanks,
Dingdongpo
91% of Christian teens today are unsure of God being the absolute truth. If you're part of the 9% that is, put this text in your signature.

#56 shadowsun

shadowsun

If in doubt, Q them in the face.

• 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

Now this is good timing 'cos I remember where I put my Yakavaro troops! I will make a Dia-Vignett-Icle! Or not.

#57 Doc

Doc

Private First Class

• Nova Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

Heres my new entry scorp i hope you like it http://forums.saber-...=0

#58 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:13 PM

Two things.
1. Does the vehicle or whatever have to have a decal on it? If so i cant do this...
2. Can you use more then one minifig? Im guessing this is a yes but im just making sure.

Thanks,
Dingdongpo

1. No, having a decal on the vehicle is not required. As long as some of my decals are used somewhere (like on the minifigs), that's enough.

2. Yes, use as many as you like.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#59 The Dingster

The Dingster

THEY'RE GONNA KNOW US WELL

• Nova Member
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:28 AM

Awesome thanks!
I will get starting some time today.
91% of Christian teens today are unsure of God being the absolute truth. If you're part of the 9% that is, put this text in your signature.

#60 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:50 AM

My Entry.

Yep. I wanted to do more with this, but had limited resources.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users