• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

This contest is aimed at helping promote my website and products. That means it's 'some purchase necessary' - you will need to have some of my decals, whether you buy them now or already have some from a past order. Sorry to those of you who can't buy from me, for one reason or another. The next contest won't have this requirement.

RULES:
It's a simple contest. Just build a LEGO creation that meets the following criteria:

1: It must prominently feature at least 1 minifig using decals purchased from my decal shop.

2: It must be based on an existing franchise, like Halo, Star Wars, Firefly, Mass Effect, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Resident Evil, one of those popular shooter franchises like Call of Duty... whatever. It does not have to be a scene from the movie/game itself, just set in-universe. Even if it's something you made up, like a fan fiction. I will count Nova Refuge and Wulfgard creations also, but nothing else besides movies, video games, etc. If you're not sure, ask here in this thread.

3: It must be posted on a website other than the forums here, and it must include a link back to my shop. You can post it on MOCpages or Flickr if you must, but try to mix it up if you can. Another LEGO forum would be great. Even a YouTube video! Blatant free advertising? You betcha.

3: You do have to build something. You can't just enter a minifig. Your creation must be 6x6 studs or larger. You can build a vehicle, vignette, diorama, or whatever, so long as it prominently features at least 1 minifig with decals from my site. Creations you have made earlier are eligible, but it would be nice if you could re-post them and ensure they have the link back to my site somewhere.

I haven't decided how I will be picking the winners. Either I will judge the entries myself, recruit additional judges (don't bother asking to be a judge yet though), or possibly just hold a public poll. We'll see how it goes.

PRIZES:

- SSL Shop discount codes! 20% off for first place, 15% for second, 10% for third. 5% for all other entries that meet the criteria above to my satisfaction. Yes, just entering the contest will probably earn you a 5% discount code!

- A medal icon under your username here on the forum!

- Your creation will be showcased in the LEGO section of the Lair!

The contest ends November 30 December 10th (tentatively).

You may link to your entries in this thread, and/or ask questions. If you do not wish to sign up for a forum account in order to enter, please email the link to your entry to sales@saber-scorpion.com. Thanks!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#2 slater474

slater474

Well I, I, want Fly, Fly, on the Wings, Wings of summer

• 827 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:55 AM

Would a brikfilm be a possible medium? Cause I thought, if I every got off my lazy ass, that I would do a brikfilm for 'The Hero of Canton' from Jaynestown.
Posted Image

#3 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:03 AM

Heck yeah! Absolutely. That sounds awesome, in fact.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#4 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:25 AM

Hmmm. Only figs from video games I have are Altair, and Master Chief. Though Altair's hood looks like crap...

I could do a Halo themed thing, but I don't have any other Halo related creations.

Plus, I don't know what website I would post it on. I have no accounts anywhere but here.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#5 wakkomovies

wakkomovies

*ZOMG*

• Nova Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:40 AM

Definately will enter!
"Lone star...I am your brother's uncle's nephew's son's former roomate."- Dark Helmet
"So what's that make us?"-Lone Star
"Absolutely nothing which is what you're about to become!"-Dark Helmet

May the schwartz be with you!-Spaceballs the Movie

#6 Doc

Doc

Private First Class

• Nova Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:22 AM

Hmmm. Only figs from video games I have are Altair, and Master Chief. Though Altair's hood looks like crap...

I could do a Halo themed thing, but I don't have any other Halo related creations.

Plus, I don't know what website I would post it on. I have no accounts anywhere but here.

Brick Forge ?

#7 Doc

Doc

Private First Class

• Nova Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:58 AM

Can you use mega blocks (some mega block figs).
EDIT: Never mind.

Edited by Doc, 07 December 2010 - 11:46 AM.

#8 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,862 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:09 AM

As of seeing this contest, I was inspired to dig out my dusty LEGOs and the old Star Wars decals I orderd from you long ago. About 30 minutes in I realized I've lost the feel for building intuitively, and over-thinking never leads to good results. Oh well, maybe I'll still try to throw something together...

#9 Spartan5511

Spartan5511

That was pretty ninja

• Nova Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:29 AM

So basically it doesn't have to be spectacular, just somethign nice with your work in it? Cause all I have are some Clone Troopers, Altair, two ODSTs, a red and grey Sith trooper (assassin? KoTR2?) and the one main sith guy (KoTR2). I think I would just build a vignette with the KoTR people and a sigfig for my guy I guess. So if I'm reading this correctly that would be worthy of entry?
Posted Image

#10 Doc

Doc

Private First Class

• Nova Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:38 AM

I'm gona do some thing HALO, only because thats all I have from scorp, plus I like HALO.

#11 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:41 AM

Oh cool, this'll finally give me an excuse to use some of those NR decals I ordered from you like four years ago. :P

I'm still not sure what I ordered them for originally. It must have been something big, because I've got a ton of the things lying around.

2004-2018

#12 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:11 AM

Jociva: As long as it prominently features one minifig using my decals, that's enough. And you don't have to post it anywhere really out-of-the-way - Brickshelf, MOCPages, Flickr... those are all acceptable, though I encourage diversity.

Doc: Yes, you may use some MegaBloks parts. As long as your main minifigs are LEGO, since obviously I only make decals for LEGO figs.

Phae: Well, I hope you decide to try! ;) It does require a certain level of inspiration to really get building, at least for me. I spent hours working on a LEGO Falcon from Halo Reach a couple of weekends ago, but I don't even really like the Falcon all that much so it never went anywhere. I finally just gave up. Hm.

Spartan5511: Yes, certainly! A vignette works great since the focus is on the minifigs.

Thrawn: Awesome - it'd be nice to have some NR creations since I'm not sure how many of those I'll be getting. :D

My most popular decals by sales are currently, probably these:
1: Alien Invasion
2: Modern Military Special Forces (Ryan's)
3: Historic Assassins

...and those constitute the overwhelming majority of my sales at this point in time. Nothing else even comes close. :mellow:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#13 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:11 AM

Wohohoho boss, I'm looking through the decal shop and, is it just me, or did the price of the custom series 4 cyborg soldiers triple some time between now and the last time I checked?

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#14 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

...and those constitute the overwhelming majority of my sales at this point in time. Nothing else even comes close. :mellow:

Here's hoping Fortune Hunters will start climbing the ranks as I make more of them! :D

Oh, who am I kidding? :rolleyes:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#15 Doc

Doc

Private First Class

• Nova Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:25 AM

I was only going to use the Elites, but I changed my mind.

#16 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

Mr. President of the Evil Comic Makers' Society

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

Damn, you had to go and announce this just after my Lego has been packed and shipped to England. D:

Posted Image

#17 KennyH

KennyH

• 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

I wish I could do this...but I haven't bought any of your decals, and I don't think that I'll have time to make anything. Maybe I'll scrap something together when I get the time, and buy some decals before the 30th. Hope they get here in time...

#18 gunnery sergeant marine

gunnery sergeant marine

Rookie

• Nova Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:30 AM

What if I just sent you a picture of it in an email and the contest ends on my birthday!!!!!

What if I just sent you a picture of it in an email and the contest ends on my birthday!!!!!

#19 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

Wohohoho boss, I'm looking through the decal shop and, is it just me, or did the price of the custom series 4 cyborg soldiers triple some time between now and the last time I checked?

No, the Custom one has always been $6.00. My old Series 3 custom cyborg was $5.00. The reason it costs so much is because of how long it takes to put one together, plus the hassle involved when someone isn't totally clear on what they want. One time, I actually got one order for this:

Helmet: Grey
Chest: Black
Right Shoulder: Grey
Left Shoulder: Black

:blink:

But since you're you, I might be willing to give you a discount. Shoot me an email and maybe I'll give you a $2-off code or something. Just don't tell anyone. Oh crap I already screwed that up, didn't I? :P
(NOTE: This offer is currently only extended to people who are Ter Loki.)

I wish I could do this...but I haven't bought any of your decals, and I don't think that I'll have time to make anything. Maybe I'll scrap something together when I get the time, and buy some decals before the 30th. Hope they get here in time...

They should get there in time. If not, I can extend the deadline. I may end up extending it anyway.

Something to keep in mind: the best day to order is on Tuesday or Wednesday, since I begin the weekly order-preparation process every Wednesday or Thursday. So that way it will get out the quickest. ;)

Cool. :D But no, you have to post the picture on another site with a link back to my shop. Sorry! You can always sign up for www.mocpages.com, at least - it's free and easy to use.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#20 Princess Bacon

Princess Bacon

burn the internet

• Nova Member
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:24 AM

Hmmm...

I'm thinking maybe change the head on my fig into a Jayne one, and do something Jayne-like with it. Fighting, Drinking or both, I haven't decided yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users