• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

#881 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:34 AM

Why all the Peace Walker hate? That game was awesome.

Boss battles were designed with co-op in mind and incredibly difficult on your own. Base management was awful in this game, but improved/watered down in TPP making it tolerable there. Story was crap and some characters really didn't need to be there and I still don't remember fully why Snake was in South America to begin with... Sadly it was the precursor to TPP and GZ and introduced the whole "episodic"-aspect of missions into TPP which I hate.

Aside from the mostly terrible gameplay, it also introduced things to TPP which I thought were just awful in both Ike base management and "missions". Though I can't knock PW for some stuff like the variety of side-ops and it's CQC, which TPP totally ripped off and improved upon further. That was fun.

Could you imagine "A Date with Ocelot" or "A Date with Quiet"? That woulda been a nice break from the srs bsns with some much needed giggles. Or even a "ghosts" mission on an FOB or in Africa would have been a nice change of pace.

Oh well. Peace Walker was crap overall, played it on both PSP and Xbox, the game played worse on PSP if you can believe that. I blame the lack of a second analog stick.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#882 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 03:00 PM

Accidentally repurchased MGSV:TPP. Guess it's time to plug away at MGO for a while again before I get bored.

You playing on PC or a console? PC has such a small handful of players, every time I go on I usually recognize someone that I've played with before.

xgd0s9.jpg

#883 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:54 AM

This made me chuckle http://www.pointandc...l-gear-survive/
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#884 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:41 AM

This made me chuckle http://www.pointandc...l-gear-survive/

Uup, you almost had me going there. :P

Yeah, that's pretty funny.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#885 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:42 AM

So...

Anyone know what's happened to Metal Gear Survive?

#886 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:54 AM

So...

Anyone know what's happened to Metal Gear Survive?

Probably still in production, just nothing major happening to it yet.

Konami wouldn't scrap it because scrapping it is what the gamers want and we all know Konami doesn't care what the gamers want.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#887 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

Konami will probably show something at E3, but I honestly couldn't care less. Survive has all the trappings of a money grab and I'm done with giving Konami any kind of money.

#888 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,964 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:17 PM

I'd guess they'll show it again at E3, maybe TGS at the latest, and have it out by the end of the year. I think it's only a $30 or $40 game, so I can't imagine they'll do much marketing for it. It'll be a minor news story for a week or so when we find out just how awful the microtransaction economy is, then it'll be largely forgotten until Game of the Year discussions when everyone's like "Oh yeah, that game did come out this year" before immediately moving on. The Metal Gear brand will join the likes of Silent Hill and Castlevania in Konami's graveyard.

#889 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:18 PM

I'd guess they'll show it again at E3, maybe TGS at the latest, and have it out by the end of the year. I think it's only a $30 or $40 game, so I can't imagine they'll do much marketing for it. It'll be a minor news story for a week or so when we find out just how awful the microtransaction economy is, then it'll be largely forgotten until Game of the Year discussions when everyone's like "Oh yeah, that game did come out this year" before immediately moving on. The Metal Gear brand will join the likes of Silent Hill and Castlevania in Konami's graveyard.

Which is a shame.  For all three of those.

Although, knowing Konami, while MG:Survive will be a $30 or $40 game, we all know they are going to push $60.

Hell, they did that with MGSV: Ground Zeroes (Which was more of a $20 game).

5Sa8Z49.gif

#890 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:13 AM

I've been replaying MGSV from scratch on account of getting a PS4. I swear this game is at its most enjoyable right at the start.

• No Quiet that will scout every outpost and shoot everyone for you buddies except a horse
  • Realistic equipment
  • No headshotting everyone with a tranq from half a mile away

I'm actually having to play the game and be skillful and I love it so much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Metal Gear

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users