Welcome to Errant patch 2.1! Yes, we're running patches now. Hopefully we'll never have to endure Tuesday maintenance, though.
Highlights of the Patch:
- Society section in the Sign-Up Thread
- Special Races unlocked (virtually every intelligent creature in the realm currently listed on the wiki is now available to play as; see sign-up thread for details)
- Ability score bonuses rebalanced for all races
- New Race (Dryads) unlocked
- New Chaos Subrace (Chaos Beasts) unlocked
- New Beastfolk subrace (Sirens) unlocked
- New Factions unlocked
- New Education languages unlocked
- Fast Travel implemented
- Certain players can now create up to two player characters
For starters, the Sign-Up Thread...
The biggest new features include the Special Races section and the Societies chart. Please see the section on Society for more info (a link to the chart can be found under the spoiler box - be sure to check it out!). Even if you aren't signing up as a second character and you're already in the RP, you should check out the Society section in the sign-up thread.
SIGN-UP UPDATES/NEW ADDITIONS
- Dryads have been added to Races
- Chaos Beasts have been added under Chaos Races
- Sirens have been added under Beastfolk
- Special Races section added (HUGE update, but not for the faint of heart), including Werewolves, Vampires, Demons, Celestials, Dragons, Dragon-kin, Jotnar, Cyclopes, Vargs, Revenants, and Trolls
Changes to Existing Races:
- Stats for all Beastfolk subraces have been individualized and their advantages and disadvantages now vary
- Elves receive +2 Agility and dwarves receive +2 Constitution, as opposed to +1
- Chaos Races' advantages and disadvantages have been altered
The Society section has been added. This accompanies your Race, but it is very important. Be sure to open the spoiler box and click the link to the Society chart.
- Order of the Dragon (listed as Knight of Dracon)
- SPECIAL RACE ONLY FACTIONS (listed under a spoiler box) - Nightsong Pack, Bloodhunt Pack, The Accursed, Lady Nefertari's Coven, Grimwing Coven, Umbra Coven
Note on Existing Factions:
Regarding existing factions, any players choosing a Special Race should take note of something added to the introduction to the Factions section: If you are a Special Race that can assume a human disguise, you may be a member of a human faction and hiding your true nature. If your true nature is discovered, you may no longer be a member of that faction, depending upon how they react.
- The Education section now includes options to be educated in the following languages: Beastfolk (other than Southwestern Wilds), Demonic, Angelic, Draconic, Wolven
Those of you who want to sign up as a secondary character and especially if you want to sign up as a Special Race, then please look over the entire sign-up thread for any changes and new info. You'll find bits scattered about on the new races and other important information.
Anyone whose character has Education and wants to switch to a different language (i.e. such as one of the new ones), please PM me. You may only do so once, however.
The stat alterations will be entered for each existing character. In other words, elf and dwarf players now get an additional +1 agility or constitution, respectively. I'll edit this into the character sheets myself, so no need to worry about it.
Fast Travel has now been implemented. When a player sets off for a location, you will instantly travel to that zone instead of having to slowly pass through all the land in-between. You may choose to stop along the way in order to rest. You may also be interrupted by random encounters, and you cannot progress to your desired zone until the encounter has been dealt with.
Multiple Player Characters per Person
Certain players can now create a second character to play as in addition to their current one. This is completely optional. A few rules apply:
- Your two characters must not meet or interact, regardless of whether they are friends or enemies (especially if it's deliberate on your part; if circumstances may result in such a meeting, details will be worked out as it comes, but you are never to have this goal in mind for your characters)
- You must not neglect one character in favor of the other; this doesn't mean you always have to post something for both if the other is pending interaction with another player, obviously, but you must not simply throw aside your other character
If you break these rules, your second character will be taken away from you, even if it is returned at a later date.
Thus far, players with access to a secondary character slot are as follows, for being active, dedicated, collaborative, and supportive for an extended period of time...
- Burger Warrior
More players will be added to this list in the future.
Further patch notes will be posted in this topic. Upcoming patches will add more playable races, including more beastfolk, as they are added to the wiki. To discuss the patch notes, use the Errant OOC thread.