503 replies to this topic

#1 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:29 AM

Posted Image
Source.

Alright, it's still a year away, but it's always nice to hear something. And it's also nice to hear they're not just recycling the same plot.

Also, the setting will be in some Steampunk city, which is awesome. I get Miyazaki-sque chills just imagining it.

Edited by Richard, 21 July 2010 - 07:19 PM.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#2 Kenny

Kenny

• Nova Member
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

Posted Image

I can not wait.

#3 Agamemnon

Agamemnon

Don't care

• Nova Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

Posted Image

I loved the original series, and I gotta say I'm definitely looking forward to this. Especially liking this whole steampunk idea.

#4 Delta

Delta

SSLF's Subject 16

• 890 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

When I saw this in the "Newest Topics" thing on the side of the page I was about to rage hard, because I thought it was referring to the horrible excuse of a movie that just came out, but once I read your post and the article, my emotions did a 180. I'm really looking forward to this.

Posted Image

#5 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

I don't really watch these types of shows but after watching the movie, anythings possible. :P
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#6 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Member
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:12 PM

No picture can describe how happy I am! Oh god, yeeeees! Just keep your grubby paws off this, M. Night Shaymalan.

I can't wait to see if they can finally find Zuko's mother. And hopefully do something with Toph's family as well- that was a perfectly good plot element that just dropped out of view after the second season.

#7 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

YES
I absolutely loved Avatar. Although I'm a little worried this might be a little... unnecessary. They wrapped everything up nice and simply with the final episode. I'm really glad Avatar is returning, I'm just left wondering where they're going to go.

tumblr_nk2f3wRCMa1si48w3o1_1280.png

#8 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

This is possibly the most awesome thing I've heard all day.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#9 Kasab

Kasab

It is pitch black.

• Banned
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Posted Image
Well, that's sort of made my day.
Y'see, this announcement reminds me of Bioshock 2- More Bioshock is awesome, but do we need any more? I mean, the story for Avatar tied itself up so well, it would be better to just leave it in our heads as nostalgia than give us a new series.

But if they pull it off, then yes. I will no doubt love it.

Psst. I no longer come here anymore.

#10 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

Then again, it's not so much as continuing the story as it is presenting a whole new one. Think of comic book story arcs for instance.

On a side note, I wonder if any of the original Gaang is still around. It would be so awkward to see your close friend, or in Katara's case, husband, as a 16 year old girl.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#11 Kasab

Kasab

It is pitch black.

• Banned
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:23 PM

Then again, it's not so much as continuing the story as it is presenting a whole new one. Think of comic book story arcs for instance.

If you're saying this'll be filled with alternate realities and characters that never die, that's no good.

But I was talking about this with a pal, and he said he preferred the M Night Shamalamadingdong film to the cartoon series because it wasn't kiddied down as much.
I didn't see his point, but yeah.

Psst. I no longer come here anymore.

#12 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

But I was talking about this with a pal, and he said he preferred the M Night Shamalamadingdong film to the cartoon series because it wasn't kiddied down as much.

Brain rebooting. Please stand by.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#13 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:28 PM

I don't really watch these types of shows but after watching the movie

Don't judge the show by the movie. Just don't.

I didn't see his point, but yeah.

Simple solution. Your friend is...yeah, I'll just go with he's nuts.

Anyway. This makes me so freakin' happy! I've been waiting for something like this! YAY! :lol:

Edited by El Taco, 21 July 2010 - 09:39 PM.

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#14 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

Don't judge the show by the movie. Just don't.

Well, if he liked the movie and now wants to see the series, I call it a win. If someone says he prefered the movie rather than the series, I call him insane. If he says he liked the series and not the movie, he's a fan. If he said he liked the first season but hated the others afterward, I call him a real fan. :P

IMO, I'm not that interested in that spin-off. If there's a new Avatar, that means Aang is dead. So are probably the rest of the Gaang, minus Toph who's probably an old and insane Earthbender. Appa is probably dead too... Zuko ? We may see his grandchildren, or face around. Sure, it could be interesting, but the feeling of the first won't be there. And they just CAN'T replace Iroh. I'm sure we'll see a copy of him, but he'll be nothing like the original one.

#15 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:35 AM

Well, if he liked the movie and now wants to see the series, I call it a win. If someone says he prefered the movie rather than the series, I call him insane. If he says he liked the series and not the movie, he's a fan. If he said he liked the first season but hated the others afterward, I call him a real fan. :P

If he liked the the series and not the movie it just means he's got a brain.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#16 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:43 AM

If he said he liked the first season but hated the others afterward, I call him a real fan.

IMO it only got better after the first season. I know you were joking but I think being a 'real fan' consists liking more then one third of the series among other things.

#17 Delta

Delta

SSLF's Subject 16

• 890 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:09 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:54 AM

If there's a new Avatar, that means Aang is dead. So are probably the rest of the Gaang, minus Toph who's probably an old and insane Earthbender. Appa is probably dead too... Zuko ? We may see his grandchildren, or face around. Sure, it could be interesting, but the feeling of the first won't be there. And they just CAN'T replace Iroh. I'm sure we'll see a copy of him, but he'll be nothing like the original one.

Old crazy Toph would be AWESOME.

Oh, and we'll probably see lots of Iroh's Tea shops :P

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#19 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

I dunno. I don't see the Jasmine Dragon being a chain business. More like the "come to Ba Sing Se and drink the best freakin' tea in the whole freakin' world" kinda situation.

#20 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

Maybe they import? Hey, it could happen.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users