Hey folks! My name is Nick! I really love building LEGO; I've been building since I was about 3 or 4 and my collection is only a couple years younger than myself. I enjoy building castle and mythic sci-fi builds. I just recently graduated from UMW with a BS in Computer Science; with any luck, you'll be seeing my builds rather frequently. Anyways, I've been inspired by so many builders and I always look to get better and better in building. Oh yeah! If you're ever curious, check out my Brickshelf Page at:http://www.brickshel...Nightstalker580. Hope you enjoy!
Member TitleLeader of the Black Lance Guild
Age25 years old
BirthdayDecember 14, 1992
Lego, Airsoft, Gaming, Movies, and sci-fi/fantasy books
Kara Chaelar, High Elf Pyromancer and Hero Historian
As usual, let's cover the design! First off, leg, torso, and back decals are by Saber-Scorpion. The torso and back are from the female gladiator and the legs are just generic gladiator ones. The waist cloth is from CapeMadness, and the yellow ears were painted by me. Both of the arms are from the recent CMF Gladiator and the bag is from Indiana Jones. The tome and unreleased jambiya dagger are from BrickWarriors. I tinkered with her for a bit, but fell in love with this design quickly!
Ah yes, I get to talk about her important background. Well, for starters, she's a pyromancer. It's literally just a fancy title for fire mage. The only difference is that pyromancers basically become the living embodiment of fire. This means that they don't necessarily require a catalyst for casting pyromancy. I should also note that certain "spells" are unique to pyromancy, but more on that if I ever bother to explain the magic in depth. Back to Kara, she's one of the members of the Arcane College in Avaria, which is where the High Elves live. It's basically a giant floating set of islands. Given her natural talent for dungeon delving and history, she particularly studies Hero history.
Which brings me to the topic of Heroes! So, these folks are just great war heroes or adventurers right? Nope! These people are literally super heroes! They can pull off feats that no ordinary person can pull off. The one problem is, all of them are dead (so everyone believes). Most of the stories surrounding their deaths are folklore, which may or may not be true. That's where Kara comes in! She and her team have set forth to discover the truth about their powers, their lives, and their deaths. She's had a surprising amount of luck with finding this information. So yeah, that's who she is and what she does.
Lord Valanar Krekiss, High Commander of Necropolis
A simple, but effective combo! Helmet is from Basil the Bat Lord (TLG: Fright Knights), plate mail is from BrickWarriors, loincloth is from AreaLight Customs, black cape is from CapeMadness, and the claymore is from BrickArms (no longer available). Needed a lovely, edgy look for a vampire commander. This easily fit the bill!
Valanar is the acting commander of all of the Necropolis forces. The only person above him is Dark Lord Lucien Uhlrirk, who is further back in this topic. Currently, he leads the campaign against the Lenarian Elementalists, hoping to capture the Scroll of Life, the supposed cure to the vampire, blood plague. His sword is enchanted with demon fire, thanks to the Lorensi witches that aid walk among the vampires. Infamous for temper, Valanar is quite notorious his low tolerance of failure, which often results in the death of many sub-ordinates. Having served under the previous Dark Lords, he has quite the amount of battlefield experience, and is one of the fiercest vampires in existence. Oh, and he's also one of the few vampires to have ever fought the Wolf Queen, and lived to tell the tale. The scar on his face is a reminder of how close she came from relieving his head from his body.
Junia Aza, Sareshi Mancatcher
Yet another simple combo that turned out perfectly. Legs and hair are from TLG, the face is from Citizen Brick (printed faces are on par with TLG quality), torso and back decals are from Saber-Scorpion, and the Parang Pandit and Retiarius Net from BrickWarriors. Lightly equipped, for a job that needs you to be light on your feet.
Oh boy, this is an odd story bit! Junia is Sareshi born, and was brought up in their ways. She is known for being very fast and tricky. Because of this, she was given the roll of a mancatcher. That's a very literal term; she catches men. But for what purpose? Let's go over the primary reasons!
1) Prisoners: This is a no brainer. Given their raiding patterns, they need intel on caravans moving throughout the Savadjik Desert. Capturing people is a quick and easy way to get information.
2) Sport: To a Sareshi, there is great fun in capturing a man, forcing them into a helpless state as they would do for a woman. Mancatchers are known for doing this just because it entertains them to see them fight and beg.
3) Mating: So this goes without saying. An all female group of barbarians has to reproduce somehow! Their quite rough about it, and when all is said and done corpses are carried out of their home.
As stated, mancatchers have to be quite fast and very tricky. If her looks won't lure people in then she always has a two-handed sword to go maiming people. Seriously, just don't piss off the Sareshi!
BrickFair Virginia 2018 is officially over! And man, was it a blast! Apart from displaying a build with some assistance of the SSLF forums, this year was full of great things!
So, for starters:
I received a visit from both Admins (2nd time we've met)! If you ever get the chance to meet Justin and Maegan, do so! They're both really awesome people! Thanks for paying me a visit, and I hope you both enjoy the minifigs!
That aside, here are some highlights from this year!
These are just some of the pictures of things that made me go "WOW". You can see the rest of the album here:
First off, my badge. It has officially grown to the point where I need a frame to contain it.
BrickWarriors Arabian Scimitar and Head Cover
- Like all other BW items, these are made very well! This offers up a new curved sword and headgear for making some fierce, desert warriors. I'd like to eventually see the head cover in Tan and Brown, but as of now these are some solid items to add to the line up.
BrickWarriors Busker Hat and Trumpet Flags
- Bards rejoice! This stylish hat was made just for you! It was available in dark red and blue and is a nice addition to the musical specialists. I rather like its look and it definitely adds more to an area that hasn't really been covered by TLG.
BrickWarriors Paladin Sword, Paladin Armor, and Paladin Helmet
- So I might have gone overboard with this, but this is going to easily become my favorite armor set. Arched pauldrons on a clean torso and a very nice helmet (kinda looks elven) and the very clean sword easily make this a great addition to the fantasy line up. It even comes with a stud on the back for placing additional accessories or weaponry.
BrickWarriors Paladin Shield, Conquistador Helmet, and Dwarven Sword
- Oh, I forgot to mention the really awesome shield design for the Paladin Set! This shield will make tanking blows even easier. For those into pirates, you'll notice the nice Conquistador helmet. It's more detailed than TLGs but also bigger. It also goes along well with the Paladin torso. Last in this picture is the Dwarven Sword. I'm going to start by saying that I shouldn't actually have this piece. It was accidentally in the Paladin Sword pile, and I completely wasn't paying attention to it when I picked it up. That being said, this prompted one of my buds to do some research:
What we found was a full set of Dwarven Accessories including an Axe, Sword, Hammer, and Shield. So yes, more custom items will be coming for Dwarves!
So, when are these coming out?
Here's a rough time line based off of a conversation with Merrie (writes BW's blogs).
Paladin Accessories are roughly 3-4 months out.
Busker Accessories are probably 6-7 months out.
Dwarf Accessories currently have no release date.
That being said, these items are more than likely available from the Rewards Exclusive Pack (200 BW points). If you have the points, make sure to request a Medieval/Fantasy pack.
Overall, BFVA2018 was a blast! It gives me an even greater reason to look forward to BFVA2019!
Thanks for viewing, and hope to see you next year!
Stands are done, and the final orders will be going out on Friday to ensure I have all of the supports, plates, special effects, and minifigs to finish the build.
Speaking of cool things:
14 shield designs (technically 15, but only 14 will be used). The 15th shield is simply a Lion Knight shield from the Kingdoms line. This is the final set of WIP pictures for the arena. The next set of pictures will be during the week of July 29th. Those will be the final MOC.
Until then folks, take care!
Oh! Expect a picture of all of the combatants this week!
I believe the robe is a Scorp original. Unfortunately, not seeing alternative replacements for it. Although, if you really wanted one in a similar color, you might be able to reach out to the owner of Cape Madness.
Next are the stands for the plebs and the stairs. I'll also make some comfy chairs and other decor for the Mod/Nova area.
Other updates: At this point, I'm closing off the combatant entries. You can still submit special patrons, but I have to place in the decal order for the shields, just to make sure there's plenty of time to have 'em made.