• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#41 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

Because apparently everyone besides me played Galactic Conquest...

Anyway, I'm pretty much withdrawing all my negative comments. There are bots, air vehicles on land (even if AT-ATs aren't pilot-able...), and just about everything besides a high player-count that I liked about the older games. Sure, space battles are a sorry loss, but eh. I can go back to BF II if I want those.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#42 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

Regarding the negativity, or self-entitlement, or whatever you wanna call it, I think Jim Sterling does a good job examining it:

Warning: Strong Language

Honestly, I'm not sure what people getting upset at others for being negative is for. If anything, some skepticism can only be good for the industry, as it means less people are going to run to pre-order (which you can do BTW) and then end up burned with a bad purchase if the game sucks. Are we supposed to see a pre-rendered trailer running in the gameplay engine but not showing actual gameplay and crap our pants with glee? Are we supposed to trust that a game will be amazing and type everything in all CAPS for the next several pages? 

Or, can some of us see the game and be happy with the news, others not so much, and just enjoy talking about it?

You people who are unhappy with what's shown, continue to be unhappy. You who see this trailer and are super excited, be super excited! One person's lack of enjoyment does not take away from your own enjoyment, or vice versa. Don't get mad at people for not sharing your opinion.

As for me, I have no interest in this game. And even when they show gameplay, I won't have much interest in it. But that's just my personal, non-star wars fan opinion. :P

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#43 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

There's a few images bouncing about at the moment (courtesy of the EA Star Wars page on Facebook) that are supposed to be an indication of in-game performance. Take them with a pinch of salt.

11026162_1592762307631351_60069596997441

11050102_1591560667751515_52632829477908

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#44 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,203 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

Also in the blog post, Fegraeus revealed a new Battlefront mode called Squadron Fighter. In this mode, players will "engage in huge Starfighter battles over canyons big enough to be truly epic." The game won't have space battles, however.

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#45 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,203 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

Also in the blog post, Fegraeus revealed a new Battlefront mode called Squadron Fighter. In this mode, players will "engage in huge Starfighter battles over canyons big enough to be truly epic." The game won't have space battles, however.

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#46 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

So wait, we're getting a Rogue Squadron (I know it won't be exactly like that or anything, but still!) gamemode? I'm tempted to say I'm looking forward to that more than plain old space battles!

#47 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:17 PM

That's an evolution of the air-battles in Battlefield 4, where you spawned in an aircraft in the air and just dove straight into dogfighting. It was a bit of a copy and paste job, really.

So just like BF2's space battles. |: )

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#48 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

Considering I haven't really played Battlefield past the second game, it's new to me. Still happy! :P

#49 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:07 AM

All I want is a targeting computer in the cockpit view and a Y-Wing then I can pretend its Rogue Squadron 4 online :P
What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#50 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

That's actually a really cool addition. Imagine Levelolution based maps where your Y-Wing bombing runs cause collateral damage or crashed ship slam into buildings and take them out. I hope the flying is better than BF4's jet flying though. I find it difficult to fly the jet in multiplayer with a mouse, since you have to constantly keep pulling your mouse instead of using an easy to grip thumbstick.

Endor means A-Wings though. A-Wings means I'm gonna hunt a lot of slow-movers real quick. ;)

giphy.gif

#51 ABSplastic

ABSplastic

Legionnaire

• Nova Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:47 PM

Unrelated to the new Battlefront : Does anyone know where I can find Battlefront 1 for PC? I have been searching to no avail.

#52 T-rex Spartan

T-rex Spartan

Jedi Cowboy

• 33 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

That's actually a really cool addition. Imagine Levelolution based maps where your Y-Wing bombing runs cause collateral damage or crashed ship slam into buildings and take them out. I hope the flying is better than BF4's jet flying though. I find it difficult to fly the jet in multiplayer with a mouse, since you have to constantly keep pulling your mouse instead of using an easy to grip thumbstick.

Endor means A-Wings though. A-Wings means I'm gonna hunt a lot of slow-movers real quick. ;)

You better watch your back jack, TIE Interceptors be crazy SOBs...at least they better be.

I'm actually liking the idea of this game mode. Bummed at no space, but at least we might get snowspeeders on Hoth.

#53 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:07 PM

Unrelated to the new Battlefront : Does anyone know where I can find Battlefront 1 for PC? I have been searching to no avail.

It's real cheap on Amazon, an alternative, is that many of the mods for BF II add BF I content

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#54 ABSplastic

ABSplastic

Legionnaire

• Nova Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

It's real cheap on Amazon, an alternative, is that many of the mods for BF II add BF I content

Thanks! 

I hope the Battlefront 3 has brings back maps like Rhen Var in the first one. Also: the ability to go prone.

#55 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• Nova Member
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

The four planets currently shipping with the game are Hoth, Endor, Tatooine and Sullust. They've also confirmed that there will be 12 maps at launch, which works out to 3 maps per planet. Probably a Starfighter map, Walker Assault map and a map that can be used for generic conquest/deathmatch stuff per planet.

#56 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:04 PM

You can also get BF1 as part of a Star Wars collection thing they sell at places like Target.  It's only $20, maybe less now, and besides BF1 you get classics like KotOR and Republic Commando.

#57 ABSplastic

ABSplastic

Legionnaire

• Nova Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

You can also get BF1 as part of a Star Wars collection thing they sell at places like Target.  It's only $20, maybe less now, and besides BF1 you get classics like KotOR and Republic Commando.

Hmm, I want RC too so that'd be a good deal.

I'm OK with 12 maps, but It would be nice if more launched with the game since new maps will probably be paid DLC. Not that I'll be getting this game anytime soon after it comes out, considering I have neither a Xbone, PS4, nor PC good enough to play it.

#58 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• Nova Member
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:08 PM

The first DLC, the Battle of Jakku, is free for all owners of the game.

#59 ABSplastic

ABSplastic

Legionnaire

• Nova Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

That's good (also means that that sand planet is Endor), but it kinda confirms all future maps won't be free.

#60 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:03 AM

That's good (also means that that sand planet is Endor), but it kinda confirms all future maps won't be free.

The standard is 49.99-59.99 for the Base Game, then Premium is another $40-59.99. While it may seem excessive in the beginning ($100 for a game?) buying premium for BF4 entitles the gamer to all 5 DLC packs that came out. Since the DLC takes a while to make, you play the vanilla or DLC until the next one pops out and joins it, etc. So, essentially you're only paying $20 a pack at at time and saving money in the long run by spending a lot in the short run. Still, EA-BF never has free things, so yes, expect to pay for maps especially outside PC.

Each pack had about 4-5 maps with new vehicles on them, ~3 new guns/~1 new gadget, and a bunch of things like emblems and achievements and stuff not worth money. In terms of BF4 Premium, the only pack that felt like I had been cheated out of money was Dragon Rising or whatever or Dragon's Teeth; it's 3 or 4 console (read: tiny, 16v16 instead of 32v32) maps and nothing really new.

And Endor is the jungle planet. From all the screens. Tattooine is the sand planet. Hoth is snow.

giphy.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users