Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,935 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

Is this food court in the expo center?

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#23 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Member
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

Is this food court in the expo center?

Yes it is actually. It should be back towards one of the corners actually, at least it has been in one of the corners each year.

On another note, does anyone have the link to the brickfair convention layout?
Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Bobafettmaniac

Bobafettmaniac

Gopnik Lyfe

• Nova Member
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Here's the layout according to the site of one the many vendors.

http://www.classicpl... fair map 3.jpg

Posted Image

Thanks to Burngirl for the Sig.

#25 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,935 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Okay... food court at 12:30 on Saturday. I'll try to be there. :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#26 cheeso194

cheeso194

Corporal

• Nova Member
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

Alright, I'll see you guys there!

I DO NEAT THINGS WITH COMICS

Cheeso's One Offs and Pilots

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9064

#27 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Member
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

First day is finished and I spent up close to $300. On a plus side I met Scorp and Werewolf =D
Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Bobafettmaniac

Bobafettmaniac

Gopnik Lyfe

• Nova Member
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

Huh...I must have missed you...I met them too...and Cheeso.

Posted Image

Thanks to Burngirl for the Sig.

#29 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,935 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

Woops, I guess I should have introduced you guys, since Nightstalker was right next to me in line. :\

And hey, those guys on the Castle banner looked familiar...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aha! Well, at least my decals were prominently on display. Now if only they'd left my URL at the bottom...

Anyway, I enjoyed it! There were a lot more people than I expected. I heard about the long lines, but wow. Glad I got to meet you guys (Ascalon, Nightstalker, Bobafettmaniac, Cheeso, and Dagoth_ur), and it was cool to finally meet Will Chapman, as well as Thrash, and get some Brickarms and BrickWarriors from the dudes themselves. Some awesome displays too - Serenity and Rivendell blew me away, as did numerous other things. I don't think I'll be able to come back tomorrow, but I'll have to try to attend more LEGO conventions in the future!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#30 Ascalon

Ascalon

Legionnaire

• Nova Member
  • 373 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Truth be told, I contemplated stealing Serenity. I just didn't think I could get away without breaking something. But I think I enjoyed the Battle of Foy most, if only because I saw it from a distance and thought, "Is that the Battle of Foy I see?"

Anyway. It was too bad I missed the initial meet up. I ignorantly assumed that there would be no significant wait time involved to get inside and decided to arrive "on time." Lo and behold, I had to queue for over an hour to get in. I almost "noped" the hell out of there when I saw how long the line was, but figured I would miss out on some pretty cool creations. All in all it was worth while to wait. It was quite fortuitous that you managed to spot me while I was passing by the queue in the food court since I arrived so late. It was good to put faces to the names. If there is a next time, all of us should do something. Go to a restaurant maybe. If it's at the Dulles Expo center again, I saw a place with laser tag right next door if I recall correctly.

#31 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

I'm extremely jealous... I wish I could meet the Stebbinses, but they live on the wrong coast. Justin, sometime you'll have to fly over here for a Pacific coast convention...

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users