NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Prison Ship (at sea)

71 replies to this topic

#61 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:50 PM

With a satisfying little click, Adriana successfully managed to pick the lock, in spite of not really having any particular skill with that sort of thing. But hey, where there's a will there's a way. She could now open the door, but the matter remained of the guards and getting everyone else out.

Dewitt pushed the door open a crack just to make sure it wouldn't lock itself again before removing the impromptu lockpicks. "See?" she gloated, "Look at what a little effort can do. And I don't even know a damn thing about locks. Here," Adriana passed the bones over to the elf to try his luck. She then scooped up the rat skeleton, picked apart its other forearm and stuffed the rest of it into a pocket of her surcoat. Treading lightly, she crept out of her cell and shut it behind her. The she walked over to the Dryad and the Siren and passed them the thin arm bones of the rat.

"See what you can do," she said to all of them. "Although honestly, I don't think those locks are too sturdy. Maybe you could force them if you're strong enough. In the mean time," Dewitt drew the shank from her boot and gripped it in her hand. "I'm gonna look for some help, or some keys, or something a little more... lethal. I'll be back." 

With that, Dewitt turned and was gone. She had decided heading towards the deck, and inevitably towards the guards, wouldn't be wise yet without some kind of support. So she headed away from the entrance, deeper into the ship, and towards the scream that had rung out earlier...

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#62 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:08 PM

Rel's eyes narrowed as they fell upon the shard of crystal. It wasn't much to look at —to be honest, she wasn't sure what, if anything, she could use it for— but, being something more than the empty bowl and clothes that she currently had, it was better than nothing. Unfortunately, with her hands shackled by the numbing black metal as they were, she couldn't retrieve the thing; and the only other person close enough to do so... was her cellmate. Oh dear.

"Psst!" she hissed softly, to attract the woman's attention. "Um... madame?" she said tentatively, not really knowing how to address her —her fine clothes, and manner... was she royalty, or simply a wealthy trader's daughter?

"Look, I know you're... out of your element here. But, if you could just... pull yourself together for a little while—" she continued, restraining herself from using the far cruder variation of the phrase that her subconscious had sardonically suggested in annoyance at the woman's tendency towards hysterics."—and help us escape, then you'll be able to go back to your... parties, and such."

"So... towards that end, I was wondering if you could reach that piece of crystal there—it might be useful" she said, indicating the object. She had no idea if the woman would help or not —or just start screaming or crying again, her subconscious remarked dryly—, or even how the crystal might help them escape, but she couldn't see anything else to try....

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#63 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:41 AM

Gertrude's frown threatened to fall below her chin. The man of her dreams, vanished, simply because something called his attention. Didn't he know how lucky he was to have her attention, let alone her antics and wit, nearby? Surely that such a thing was more important than whatever was happening...wherever he was. Surely he would return soon, unlock the cage, take off his mask to reveal the handsomest of handsome faces and--

"Psst!" she hissed softly, to attract the woman's attention. "Um... madame?"

Gertrude turned to the source. Oh yes, the woman with the strange handcuffs, and the one who was getting more attention for a different, entirely-less-worthy soldier. They were in a war, they were. Over the knight. But little did this woman know, Gertrude had won. Her knight was the superior one, most definitely.

"'My Lady' will do just fine, dear, thank you."

"Look, I know you're... out of your element here. But, if you could just... pull yourself together for a little while and help us escape, then you'll be able to go back to your... parties, and such."

"Dear, Gertrude Gwendolyn Galvin has never been out of her element in her life!" She said, nodding to herself. Surely no one had heard her sobs earlier. Surely. She could save face. "But, there is nothing I would like more to return to those parties, balls, galas, dinners, occassions, parties, and--"

"So... towards that end, I was wondering if you could reach that piece of crystal there—it might be useful."

How crude of her! Interrupted Gertrude when she was gifting her with the sound of her voice! Crude indeed! However, Gertrude looked where the woman was. She could see a hunk of rock. Silly girl. Crystals were on rings. 

However, Gertrude was never above helping the simple people. Bending down, she stuck her hand through the bars, getting grime on her dress. "I shall have to clean this," she mumbled to herself. "I wonder if these stains come out." Her hand clawed at the ground, reaching for the junk. If the woman in the next cell wanted it so badly, Gertrude could help her, as long as it was convenient. 

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#64 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

Vilk went into the bilgewater. Thankfully, it only came up to about his waist. Looking around, he saw a trapdoor overhead - almost certainly the one he could see from his cell. It would take him back to the room wherein everyone else was imprisoned.

Unfortunately, he didn't see any items of interest. No loose nails or anything to use as a weapon.

In his cell, Dgurritz couldn't find anything useful.

Gertrude managed to claw the crystal out from between the boards. It wasn't glowing anymore, but it was still quite pretty, glimmering blue-white. In fact, it looked like it could've passed for a gemstone - or even something more valuable, especially if she could figure out how to make it glow again. It was downright dazzling.

That, and one end was very sharp and pointy. She could cut herself - or someone else - but still, it was a very pretty thing. Could be good for making jewelry.

---

Chryseis didn't find anything in her cell, either.

However, Adriana dropped by long enough to provide Chryseis and Kyra with some bone lockpicks. By the absurd good fortune bestowed upon them by the gods, they managed to pick their locks, feats they surely couldn't have accomplished without this blessing. However, Kyra was unable to free herself from the contraption keeping her from talking. Chryseis's efforts to help her out of it failed as well. They would have to find a key.

Meanwhile, Adriana left the room and sneaked off.

---

Adriana crept down the halls, having to occasionally catch herself when the ship tossed this way and that. The guards all seemed occupied with trying to steer the ship through the storm, as there weren't any around right now. She headed toward an unknown room, opening the door cautiously...

Inside, she found a body - decidedly a handsome one, as it was Carver - with two hideous wounds in his neck, two holes ending in long gashes. They bled very little, however, and the man seemed absurdly pale. However, she noticed his chest barely moving. He was still alive, if comatose and in chains, with a rope gag in his mouth.

Daria and Charlotte were still hiding in the little hidey-hole in the corner, and they could see and hear Adriana as she burst in, letting light flood into the room as she opened the door. Adriana was unaware of their presence, however. She was also unaware of the scuffling noise Daria and Charlotte heard behind them - turning around, they saw a small mouse watching them with big, shining, black eyes, looking more than a bit terrified.

---

The ship lurched. The very doors to everyone's cells - and the chains holding the beastfolk - clanged and rattled. Whatever storm this was, the ship was taking some serious abuse.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#65 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:14 PM

Jordan looked in disgust at what remained of the rat skeleton. "Uh, thanks..." He managed and picked the remains into his hand and passed them to the others. The ship continued to shift and sway. Jordan knew something was wrong with the sea.

Before Adriana left, Jordan went to the edge of his cell and spoke hushed and low. "Hey. Just... don't die out there, okay?" He shrugged and smirked. "I'm counting on you." He said before she left. He and the others broke from their cells, although the siren could not remove the contraption on her head, they were free.

"The way I see it, we have some options. We could go out like our fearless leader, only problem is that if we get caught, she has the only weapon. Or, we could wait here and draw a guard in. He'll probably be smart enough to not fall prey to your good looks, not saying you aren't good looking, I'm just saying..." Jordan stopped. "Anyways. I could bring him in my cell and let him slap me around while one of you, I don't know, strangle him or something."

"Or we could just make a really big hole in the wall and flood the ship. That would work."

21.jpg

#66 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:36 AM

Dgurritz grunted with annoyance at not finding anything useful in his cell, and, as the ship lurched, he accidentally banged his head against the cell bars.

"Of all the rotten luck...!" the Goblin swore.

---

Chryseis, however, was much more fortunate. With the bone that the guard had provided, she had managed to get out of her chains and her cell.

Unfortunately, she had not been able get the gag off of the siren, as that looked like it would take a key to remove.

The Dyrad listened to Jordan's 'plan' before commenting "You should just lure a guard in here, and I'll strangle him; if we break a hole in the side of the ship, who knows what could happen. We could all die, well, you probably wouldn't, but still..."

#67 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

Gertrude broke a nail.

It hurt. Perhaps the worst pain she had ever experienced. First there was the click of the hard nail breaking in the wood. Then there was the realization that a bit of the nail came off. Then was the crushing agony of the fact that her pristine green nails (to match her dress, you see) were no longer pristine. She could've died right there, for never has there been something more wholly tragic as this. How could she show herself in public? How could she ever be seen again? The nice gentlemen in the mask would never love her now!

She should just die.

It was easy. Close your eyes for a long time but don't sleep. Easy.

And she would have, if not for the beauty that now dazzled her. The diamond was beyond compare. A large piece of shining...whatever diamonds were made of, heavy in her hands and reflecting what little light there was. There was a woman inside it! A dazzling woman looking back at her.

"Oh, that's me! Of course!" She said, out loud.

Then she remembered. The woman in the next cage wanted this diamond. All to herself. How impossibly crude of her! 

Well, this wouldn't do at all. Gertrude stuffed the diamond behind her back, and hoped the woman wouldn't notice. Surely she had forgotten already. Surely she too was so overwhelmed by the pain of the broken nail (It was a wonder Gertrude could see straight) that the diamond was all but forgotten.

Surely. 

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#68 Balder

Balder

Aww yiss, give me dose pets

• 155 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

The ship lurched causing Vilk to stumble and hiss in agitation as he realized that there were nothing of value or even anything sharp hidden in the deck he'd found himself in. Grumbling to himself Vilk waded over to the trap door janked it open before scrambling up to his former cellmates all the while dripping in bilge.

Once up again Vilk was quick to shot the goblin a grin. "Who stoopid now Blue-man" Vilk mocked, retorting to the insult that he falsely remembered coming from Dgurritz earlier. It just seemed like the goblin would insult him just because. But why wouldn't he? Clearly he was jealous of Vilks supreme intelligence and wit.

Making his way over to the barrels in the middle of the room, Vilk leaped up on them and stretched to grab the lantern hanging from the roof, bringing it down and placing it on one a crate. VIlk figured that he could perhaps fashion the lantern into impromptu incendiaries in case some guards were to barge in suddenly. Then Vilk started prying open the barrels and crates that were piled underneath him hoping to find anything useful. Perhaps they'd left his map in one of them? Or maybe they all contained treasure! Either way, everything that was in the assorted containers would soon belong to Vilk the glorious, greatest rat-man ever to grace the world!

kung_krarl_uggla_by_garaun-d98gsar.png

#69 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:57 PM

Before Adriana left, the elf went to the edge of his cell and spoke hushed and low. "Hey. Just... don't die out there, okay?" He shrugged and smirked. "I'm counting on you."

Dewitt contemptuously looked at him like he was a dying fish pathetically flopping on the deck of a boat, then left without another word.

---

Adriana crept down the halls, having to occasionally catch herself when the ship tossed this way and that. The guards all seemed occupied with trying to steer the ship through the storm, as there weren't any around right now. She headed toward an unknown room, opening the door cautiously...

Inside, she found a body with two hideous wounds in his neck, two holes ending in long gashes. They bled very little, however, and the man seemed absurdly pale. However, she noticed his chest barely moving. He was still alive, if comatose and in chains, with a rope gag in his mouth.

"What the hell," Dewitt muttered. her eyes going wide as she took in the ghastly wounds and the blood splatter staining the wall. She knelt down next to the man and yanked the rope gag off of his face. She couldn't do anything about the chains or his wounds right now, but at least he'd be able to breath and shout out if he came to.

Dewitt had come in to look for something she could use, or some more prisoners to revolt with. Both of those were a bust and now she had to worry about the bloodsucking monster that had attacked the prisoner. Judging by the empty piles of chains on the opposite side of the room and the shattered lamp, it must have been stuck in here too. And Dewitt hadn't seen anything come out of this room and into the one where her cell was, so she figured it must still be in the room, somehow.

"Fantastic," Adriana growled, clutching her shank as she crept deeper into the room. "Dozens of freakish slavers and it goes after us..." She didn't know where it could be hiding in the small room, but with the lack of the light the monster could be lurking in any shadow. Dewitt could feel a bit of sweat beading on her brow. "Come out, come out..."

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#70 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:12 PM

Kyra whirled around at the creak of a rusty iron door, only to see the human girl had pushed her cell door open a crack before removing her impromptu lockpicks. "See?" she gloated, "Look at what a little effort can do. And I don't even know a damn thing about locks. Here," Adriana passed the bones over to the elf to try his luck. She then scooped up the rat skeleton, picked apart its other forearm and stuffed the rest of it into a pocket of her surcoat. Treading lightly, she crept out of her cell and shut it behind her. The she walked over to the Dryad and the Siren and passed them the thin arm bones of the rat.

"See what you can do," she said to all of them. "Although honestly, I don't think those locks are too sturdy. Maybe you could force them if you're strong enough. In the meantime," Dewitt drew the shank from her boot and gripped it in her hand. "I'm gonna look for some help, or some keys, or something a little more... lethal. I'll be back."

Kyra grinned, giving her an encouraging nod with a fiery look in her own eyes. As the girl snuck off, the siren attacked her lock with gusto, though she tried to be careful enough not to…

Click.

The siren stared as the door slowly groaned open, struggling to realize her luck for a moment. After a few seconds, she immediately tried to pick the lock on her muzzle, her heart racing and eyes widening in excitement. Finally! Finally I can be free of this damn-!

Snap!

Kyra’s jaw would’ve dropped in dismay as the bone she used snapped in her excitement. Tears welled up in her eyes as the siren sank to the floor, tugging uselessly at the muzzle. Even Chryseis couldn’t manage to help her out of the gag, which just sent Gustin spiralling further into depression. It was all for nothing!

She barely heard the elf beginning to speak, her eyes staying fixated on the damned floorboards of this spirits-damned ship.

"The way I see it, we have some options. We could go out like our fearless leader, only problem is that if we get caught, she has the only weapon. Or, we could wait here and draw a guard in. He'll probably be smart enough to not fall prey to your good looks, not saying you aren't good looking, I'm just saying..." Jordan stopped. "Anyways. I could bring him in my cell and let him slap me around while one of you, I don't know, strangle him or something."

Kyra’s clawed feet suddenly contracted, leaving deep, splinter-y rents in the floor as she looked up at the elf. She wouldn’t give one of these monsters such a simple death as strangling. She had half a mind to rend their armor apart with her bare claws, or die trying…

"Or we could just make a really big hole in the wall and flood the ship. That would work."

Fortunately, the dryad spoke up before the elf came up with stupider ideas than that.

"You should just lure a guard in here, and I'll strangle him; if we break a hole in the side of the ship, who knows what could happen. We could all die, well, you probably wouldn't, but still..."

“Mh.” Kyra agreed. Even in her current mood, she was not ready to just give up and die like that. Especially not to water… ugh…

She finally pointed to herself with a thumb, and then gestured to the nearest door. “Mh mh,” the siren managed, before jerking her thumb back from the door towards their room. “Mh. Mhmh?”

Please tell me they can see I mean I’m going to lure a guard in here…

-----

For whatever reason, the vampire bat-person simply fell silent, refusing to answer Daria’s questions about helping her victim. The pixie promptly huffed, then, heading for the exit to their hidey hole as the guard left, apparently happy with his check… until Whitefoam heard footsteps returning. She paled, staying just deep enough in the shadows to avoid notice as she peeked out, waiting for the guard to come in. However, she looked curious as she realized these footsteps were significantly lighter, and definitely not belonging to someone clad head to toe in full plate. Was it-?

A human girl burst in, freezing as she saw Carver’s almost-corpse. "What the hell?" She muttered, eyes going wide at the wounds he’d suffered. Still, she at least pulled his gag off, an action which made Daria glance briefly - and venomously - at the bat behind her. Couldn’t even ungag the poor bastard, could you? Whitefoam thought, looking back out at what seemed to be an escaped slave, at this rate.

"Fantastic," The human girl suddenly growled, clutching a small shank tightly as she crept deeper into the room. "Dozens of freakish slavers and it goes after us..." A bit of sweat was beading on her brow. "Come out, come out..."

“Nuh-uh.” Daria finally said, from the safety of her crevice. “Not if you’re gonna stomp me when I poke a wing out. Or a head. Or an arm, even.” She mumbled. “So promise me you won’t make me a weird stain or something just ‘cause I happen to be around, and I’ll come out. Deal?”

And maybe I can save mousie from batty… She thought, briefly glancing at the other furry beast in the hidey hole.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#71 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

As the captain gave Jordan a look of disgust, he spilled his intentions, although she probably wouldn't hear on her way out. "At least she can die knowing she made a difference. As for me?" He stared at the floor with one eye.

My life doesn't mean scum.

---

"You should just lure a guard in here, and I'll strangle him; if we break a hole in the side of the ship, who knows what could happen. We could all die, well, you probably wouldn't, but still..."

"But none of us would be slaves if we were dead now would we?" Jordan said. "You see, I would rather die enjoying a moment of freedom rather then live a life of service." He added. "Not saying I'm suicidal... I guess the only downside with bringing a guard in here is he might not be alone, or he could see our unlocked cells."

The siren began to make noises and gesture to the door. Jordan caught on soon enough. "Alright, but how are we going to get him in my cell? Or am I going to have to improvise?" He asked Chryseis. Even if the siren could get the guard in, the stars would have to line up to pull this off.

21.jpg

#72 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:40 AM

Dgurritz was amazed that Vilk had come back to save them, however, it was short lived as the rat-man shot an insult at him:

"Who stoopid now Blue-man?"

"Ye be, if ye tink ye can steal my rations and get away wid it." the Goblin growled, rising to his full height, cracking his knuckles ominously (Use Intimidation) "Once we git out o' dis place, ye and I are goin' to have a nice chat."

---

"But none of us would be slaves if we were dead now would we? You see, I would rather die enjoying a moment of freedom rather then live a life of service. Not saying I'm suicidal... I guess the only downside with bringing a guard in here is he might not be alone, or he could see our unlocked cells."

"That would be nice, but some of us don't have gills." The Dyrad said "And besides, we would enjoy just as much freedom fighting guards to the death as we would if you blew a hole in the side of the ship."

Chryseis noticed that the Siren was making motions towards the door, and her mouth almost dropped as she realized that the gagged Siren wanted to lure the guards in! Before she could comment, Jordan piped up:

"Alright, but how are we going to get him in my cell? Or am I going to have to improvise?"

"We could make a lot of noise like that strange creature did earlier: that seemed to get their attention." the Dryad pointed out "Once the guard or guards come in, I'll strange him with this chain or blast them into next year with my magic."

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users