• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kreoss

Kreoss

Where now are the horse and the rider?

• Nova Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:33 AM

So Lego Universe recently went Free to play, and while you have a ton of limits, it's still pretty fun. I also thought a Lego Universe line would be cool, like with all the armor and stuff, and they could have like in-game bonuses, but it would be expensive to make all those elements and stuff, so it wouldn't work. There's also a haiku contest, and you can win stuff, and that's kind of cool.
I don't think there was another topic, there probably is, since that usually happens to me, and also this probably belongs in the video games topic, but I hope you guys can be okay with that.

Posted Image
Coming eventually to a Brick Theater near you!

#2 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:34 AM

I was in the Beta, but didn't pick it up after they charged money to play. IMO it's not really worth the subscription, but the F2P account is kind of fun. Until you get to the end, anyways. Meh.
Old timer

#3 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:22 AM

My brother started playing that. I told him what Zero said. But he's 10. So of course he's not gonna listen.

I laughed pretty hard when he got to the 'YOU NEED A SUBSCRIPTION! :D'

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#4 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

I do need to try this... What kind of restrictions are there for freebie players? Do you reach a certain level and then it stops you? Can you still play at that level, but not advance?

World of Warcraft just went free-to-play up to Level 20 recently, but it's a cruddy deal. You can't even start a group, for crying out loud, or chat with players using the more convenient methods. Basically it's this:

Posted Image

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#5 The Dingster

The Dingster

THEY'RE GONNA KNOW US WELL

• Nova Member
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

No, it only lets you on two of the eight worlds, or something like that. There MAY be a level restriction, but I'm not sure... still fun though.
91% of Christian teens today are unsure of God being the absolute truth. If you're part of the 9% that is, put this text in your signature.

#6 Kreoss

Kreoss

Where now are the horse and the rider?

• Nova Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:16 AM

I do need to try this... What kind of restrictions are there for freebie players? Do you reach a certain level and then it stops you? Can you still play at that level, but not advance?

World of Warcraft just went free-to-play up to Level 20 recently, but it's a cruddy deal. You can't even start a group, for crying out loud, or chat with players using the more convenient methods. Basically it's this:
*pic*

It's not that bad! I'm quite enjoying it...

For Lego Universe, all the cool stuff is restricted. Like you can't have a pet, you can't even chat, you have to be a member to go to the main place, and get a faction, and a ton of other stuff, but I think it's pretty fun. I really want to pay for it, but I really don't want to at the same time.

Posted Image
Coming eventually to a Brick Theater near you!

#7 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

Meh, I was a beta player; it was pretty fun. I recently tried playing it again and was actually a bit ticked that I had those characters deleted and I was a f2p player. Also, I'm waaay too cheap to pay for any subscriptions :P

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#8 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

As far as I know, there is no level cap. However, I finished all the quests and stuff I could, got all the flags, the imagination brick, etc, and still haven't hit any sort of cap at Level 11. But like I said, I was in the Beta, so I know what the game is all about. Just can't be bothered to pay for it, really. Would much rather pay for Star Wars Galaxies.
Old timer

#9 Guest_Jethro Turtle_*

Guest_Jethro Turtle_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:31 AM

SCREW LEGO UNIVERSE....Im going to wait for City of Heroes Freedom and F2P Star Trek Online

#10 Lone-Wulf

Lone-Wulf

Rookie

• 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:22 AM

well, paid Lego Universe was worth it, but now it's closing, even though it was a very fun game.
I don't mind Mega Bloks...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users