• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

Just wanted to post some versions of my RPG characters. I don't mind if you posted your versions as well. From now on, the rest of my shizzle will be posted here. Oh, and I draw fan art from time to time =D

This one is fan art from Doodstormer's Sketchbook. I worked so hard on this one. Poses kill me. :capyoself:
Posted Image

Craddock from Sir Muffonious's RPG Madmen (Issue two I think...).
Posted Image

I don't know why I am posting this one. I didn't really work so much on him. Jace Abrams from Hawk's Psychopaths.
Posted Image

Diego Paxton from The Fall of Tibia and William Shepard from The Fall of Tibia II: Dominic's Knights, both RPGs by Hawk.
Posted Image

Parasite, Diego's mecha from The Fall of Tibia.
Posted Image

Captain Johnathan Matthias from my own RPG Tragedy of the Heavenly Spirit.
Posted Image

The following are some things I made for TotHS. The first one isn't cannon (mostly because I found a cooler looking vessel XD).
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

gdV21HZ.gif

#2 Hippysheep

Hippysheep

Back From the Dead!

• 665 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

These are better than I expected :P I love the pose on the Parasite Mech, You've got a nice cartoony style going on. Keep it up

Posted Image

#3 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:59 AM

Holy Jesus ****! These are awesome... Way better than I expected. :unsure: I think I went down a level in SSLF Drawing Fame... Now it's Scorp, Richard, You, Dood, Harry, Fox, everybody else who has an art-thread, and me... Ew. Perseus.

No but seriously, these are really, really good; especially the Tibia ones. Good job, man. :thumbsup:
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#4 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

Aw, you flatter me :lol: I've been watching your art topic as well as many others. You can expect some fan art soon :D

gdV21HZ.gif

#5 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

Dude, these are sweet! What do you use for coloring? Are they some kind of marker?

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#6 shade-of-black

shade-of-black

Rest when I'm dead

• 639 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

Jace Abrams seems to be suffering from drifting features syndrome. Perfectly treatable.

Otherwise, very nice. Better than I expected
It just occured to me that every single one of my RP characters smokes

#7 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

Ya know, I came in like 'Oh my gawsh, another art topic. Freakin' fads. It's probably a load of cr- WOAH.' I mean, dayum these are good. Like really good. :D I really like the shading.

Also, how did you go about making those news-report screenies? Did you take screenshots from a game and set to editing or something?

Holy Jesus ****!

Posted Image

nY1rpGl.gif

#8 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

Everything is done with a mechanical pencil and I go through erasers fast. I have charcoal somewhere, but it's a bit messy to use. Those news reports I made using Gmod and I used GIMP and Paint.net for the bars.

A skirmisher, light shock trooper of the mercenary group, DarkSpire from Tragedy of the Heavenly Spirit.
Posted Image

Edited by Klaykid, 26 June 2011 - 11:02 AM.

gdV21HZ.gif

#9 Freedom

Freedom

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:24 AM

You can expect some fan art soon :D

Guh-Wha'...?!

That skirmisher is really something else though. I love the way you do your shading... and the perspective is cool too. Dang... Really nice job though, man. ;)
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#10 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:08 AM

I've read some of the stuff you posted such as the Dark Edge universe you got going on.

gdV21HZ.gif

#11 Freedom

Freedom

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

Ah, cool, man. You don't know how much that means to me. :) Can't wait to see them, then.

#12 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:38 PM

I'm not too strong in the female department, so I practiced some heads and hairstyles for my character's love interest for Hawk's RPG, Rise II: The Fall. I'll be honest, I hate all of them except for number two.

Posted Image

Was listening to this when I was doodling them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ap2hT1VmYI

Edited by Klaykid, 04 July 2011 - 06:19 PM.

gdV21HZ.gif

#13 Hippysheep

Hippysheep

Back From the Dead!

• 665 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

You hate them all but number three? To be honest, I think three and five are the worst, two is the best in my opinion

Posted Image

#14 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Woops, I'm sorry, I actually meant to say number two XD

gdV21HZ.gif

#15 The Railway Man

The Railway Man

To lack charity is to wound the pupil in God's eye.

• 221 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

Don't knock number four, either. Best looking face and hair, I think.

Nice work so far, Klaykid. Your anatomy is decent and your work manages to not be too cartoony that it looks weird. You've actually got quite a nice style.

Only thing I can ask is that you maybe chance making the hands a tad larger, if you can. I know you're going for a cartoony style but in general the hands should always be able to just about cover the face, give or take a bit.
The above statement is a lie.

HELP THE FLEAS!

"DEMOCRACY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE." - Liberty Prime

#16 Hippysheep

Hippysheep

Back From the Dead!

• 665 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

Only thing I can ask is that you maybe chance making the hands a tad larger, if you can. I know you're going for a cartoony style but in general the hands should always be able to just about cover the face, give or take a bit.

I never really noticed the hands being small until you pointed it out, you're right, some hands look a bit tiny

Posted Image

#17 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,957 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

Hey, you've got some nice sketches here. :) I especially like the first one. My only fuss is that the proportions are a bit off. As others have said, for example, the hands are too small. Otherwise, however, they look great! Good detail and shading.

Stylistically speaking, I'm not a fan of the mouths "hovering" on the cheek when heads are drawn from a profile view (aka "flounderface"). Anime does this in order to make animating the mouths easier, but there's really no reason to do it in a still art form like a sketch. Your profiles look good, so go ahead and make the mouths reach the lips, I say! ;)

Of course, it's your choice. That's just my advice. Keep up the good work either way.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#18 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

More stuff today. We'll start with fan art. Oh, and Wolf, your characters are so detailed my hands is hurting from tying to get one of yours up. But I will keep trying.

This particular piece came from Harry Monster's sketch book. I became interested with his mech design when it was introduced in the RPG Rise.

Posted Image

This one is of Richard's Z'Vallick character from his RPG Madmen.

Posted Image

For Dood's RPG Battle for Frostclaw I decided to draw a character. It didn't turn out as well as I hoped because the waist is way to skinny.

Posted Image

Here's his face.

Posted Image

These next few pictures are for my upcoming fantasy universe Aegis. Again, I have a problem with the waist.

Posted Image

I've been trying very hard to draw female characters, but it doesn't work out as well as I had hoped. But I worked really hard on this piece.

Posted Image

I've been toying around with creature builds and this is the product.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Klaykid, 13 July 2011 - 08:19 AM.

gdV21HZ.gif

#19 Araius

Araius

Self-loather

• 106 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:10 AM

Your female character looks fantastic. While her legs are a bit bulky, that seems to be attributed to the fact that she's wearing armored boots. Either way, it's a fine rendition of a female :)

Also, the creatures look pretty fierce. Particularly, I find numbers 1, 3, 7, and 8 to be the strongest and most visually compelling of the group.

All-in-all, those are some really good drawings, there!

Untitled-1.jpg

#20 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

Good stuff, good stuff. You draw that skirmisher recently?

xgd0s9.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users